1. We're Back

Present Day, Mystic Falls
Alice's POV
I hopped out of the car and looked around. A place can change in 164 years. Katerina smiled as she walked up beside me.
"We're back," Katerina whispered to me.
I smiled and nodded. "We're back."
We walked into the place called,' Mystic Grill.' Heads turned as we entered. Someone caught my eye. Elijah Mikealson and his evil Hybrid brother, Niklaus.
I sat beside Elijah. He looked at me and froze. Narrowing his eyes, he frowned at me.
"Welcome back, Alice," Elijah greeted me. I smiled at him.
"Thank you. How have you been, Elijah?" Katerina was quietly speaking with Niklaus.
"Very well. Enough with the small talk. Why are you two here?"
I smiled. "I wanted to come home. I swear I didn't know you were here, Elijah."
He sighed. "I know. You wouldn't have came if you did."
I looked at him, regret filling my senses." I'm sorry. I never meant to hurt you. I had to leave. Niklaus would have killed me and my sister."
"I would have kept you two safe. You knew that, but you still ran."
"I couldn't take any chances. Don't live in the past, Elijah. I know it hurts, but the past is the past. You can't change it." I placed a reassureing hand on his shoulder.
"The Salvatore brothers are here. Stefan Salvatore and Damon Salvatore," Elijah said.
I gasped and looked at Katerina. She heard. I looked back at Elijah. "We have to go," I told him. He nodded and turned away from me. Katerina and I rushed out of the Grill. As I was walking out, I spotted them. Stefan was talking to a blonde and Damon was talking to... OMG! Its Katerina's dopplegänger! I notified Katerina and she tried to walk over there but I stopped her.
"Are you crazy," I whispered to her. I pulled her out of Mystic Grill and she finally calmed down. "How," Katerina asked me.
"I don't know."
Elijah appeared behind me. "Her name is Elena Gilbert. She is a dopplegänger turned vampire."
I looked at Elijah. He smiled down at me and I looked away, blushing. He has always had that effect on me. Katerina was gone. Inside, I heard yelling. I ran in and saw Katerina holding the poor Elena girl by the hair.
I pulled Katerina away. "I'm so sorry," I said to Elena.
She looked at me. "Its fine."
"No its not. Are you okay?"
"I'll heal." She seemed nice. Damon deserved her instead of me.
I looked at Katerina and then the Salvatore brothers. They were in shock.
"Hey," I said to them.
"Hi," They both said slowly. I was walking Katerina away when Stefan came up behind me. I stopped and turned.
"I'm sorry about Elena. It won't happen again," I promised him.
"Its nice to see you again," He said.
I smiled and walked Katerina and I outside. Elijah grabbed Katerina and put her in the passenger seat of our car.
"I hope I see you again," Elijah said to me.
"Me too." I kissed his cheek before getting in my car and driving off. We were renting a house near the school. Once there, I allowed Katerina some time to cool off and I poured myself a glass of lemonade. Sitting on the couch, I switched on the TV. Its remarkable how much technology has changed. The news was on. Katerina came in and sat beside me.
"They seem happy," Katerina said.
I looked at her and gave her a sad smile. "Yes. They are."
"I have to meet Klaus in ten minutes."
"Klaus?"
"Niklaus. He goes by Klaus now. I'm thinking of going by Katherine Pierce."
"How about Katherine Petrova?"
"Fine. As long as I keep Katherine. Katerina is so... old."
We laughed and she had to leave. I fell asleep watching some new TV show. It was a dreamless nap. Just darkness.