Chapter 10

"Hey, how are you?" I asked as we lounged in her apartment, which was next door.

"I'm... alright," Yousun replied, brushing a lock of black hair behind her ear. "I miss home a lot, but the Underworld... it's so stress free. I don't have to worry about anything. I know that it's only been a week since I've gotten here, but what keeps me sane is that I keep thinking that this is like marrying a foreigner, you know? Like marrying an American and moving to America with them."

"...So I assume that you really like Rap Monster?" I was kind of at a loss. She was okay?

"He's sweet," she said, crossing her legs. "He's really protective, and he's also good in—"

"Cool," I interjected quickly. So she already had slept with him? I mean, I had technically slept with Jungkook, as in sleeping in the same bed, but not in any other way. "Is he working you too hard?"

"In what way, hmmmm?" Her eyes glittered playfully, and I rolled my eyes, giggling. "Okay, well, I'll admit, I have to clean a lot, since he literally destroys everything. I also have to do what he says, no matter what."

"Isn't that already implied?" I asked. Yousun laughed.

"Everything." I was still confused, so she brought me to her closet. In it hung little maid costumes, collars, and wait for it... whips. My face immediately flushed scarlet, and I really wished that she hadn't shown me this.

"Yousun, why?" I covered my eyes and willed myself to not look, groaning into my palms.

"What?" she giggled. "He's hot. It's not against my will or anything."

"Do the other girls do this too?" I shuddered just imagining it. Yousun shrugged.

"Well, I'd assume that they do," she replied. "Seohyun's chamber is right next to mine, and I can say that she definitely does. Not sure about Eunyoung, though."

I scoffed. "You know that she is," I stated. "Do you even remember her talking about V?"

"Yeah, I guess," Yousun said as she closed her closet. "Why? Don't you?"

"...No?" I hadn't even kissed Jungkook. We had started talking and sometimes even flirted awkwardly, but that was it. I spent most of my time trying out my wings or in the palace library researching angels. From that, I had learned that angels, as well as demons, can communicate telepathically and heal others. Also, despite my previous beliefs, angels weren't necessarily good. They just ruled the skies and controlled light, in contrast to demons ruling the Underworld and controlled darkness. The war had started because both sides were paranoid that the other would try claiming the earth, which was middle ground. I had spent even more time trying to communicate telepathically and heal. Jungkook had gotten a paper cut, and I had healed it, although Jungkook had retorted that it was barely an injury. In response, I had mentally screamed and tried to aim it towards Jungkook, but it wasn't powerful enough. Jungkook had told me telepathically that he heard a small squeak. We had done a lot of things, but kissing and having sex were not included.

"Why? Don't you like each other? I would've figured that Jungkook had already taken advantage of you living with him." Yousun cocked her head to the side.

I bit my lip. "I don't know," I said slowly. "I'm upset at him for taking me away. I'm angry at him for his dad killing mine. I'm pissed at him for making me his servant or mistress or whatever."

"That's no fun..." Yousun sighed and waved her hand dismissively. "Why did you like him back in South Korea?"

"Er, I don't know," I stammered, a little flustered. "He was cute and completely too outgoing for me to ever date him. He was untouchable. After we started hanging out, he was really sweet and fun, and he even protected me when I almost got mugged. He was an actual ideal type."

"Was?" She cocked an eyebrow. "You realize that he's the same, right?"

"He acts so different now," I confessed. "He's shyer and more distant. He gets embarrassed easily, which I don't get because he was so confident back then."

"Maybe he feels bad." Yousun shrugged. "Maybe he actually has a soul. Either way, I know that he's the same guy you fell for in the first place."

At that moment, the door to the bedroom swung open. Rap Monster strolled in and immediately took Yousun into his arms with one swoop. I stifled a cough. He nodded at me.

"You'd better go back to Jungkook," he murmured, nuzzling into Yousun's neck with absolutely no shame. "We need some alone time."

Wow.

My eyes widened and I had to refrain myself from not bolting. Instead, I nodded and calmly walked out, shutting the door behind me. When I left the apartment, I turned down the walkway into my own, where Jungkook was sitting on the couch and watching TV.

"Hi... Jungkook," I said uneasily, mentally slapping myself for the awkwardness my voice contained.

Jungkook looked up from the TV. "Yo," he replied, raising his eyebrows. "I'm hungry."

"O-Okay," I stuttered. "What do you want to eat?"

He thought for a second, staring at the ceiling. My gaze dropped to the floor so I wouldn't stare at him.

"Instant noodles sound nice," he answered curtly. "Not a whole meal, just a snack."

I nodded and quickly bustled to the kitchen. Before I could prepare his food, I turned to ask him his question. Next door, I heard some interesting noises coming from Rap Monster's apartment. Jungkook clearly heard them too. Both of our faces went red.

"Er, Jungkook," I began, my face burning up, "why don't you do that to me?"

"Do what?" Jungkook could barely meet his eyes as we heard the noises. At that moment, Yousun had let out an incredibly loud scream. I cringed and covered my face with one hand, and Jungkook's expression went stony.

"That." My eyes were glued to the floor. "I'm living with you, after all. Why aren't you taking advantage of me? ...I'm not complaining though..."

Jungkook shrugged. "You don't want to, do you?" he asked. I shook my head much too quickly. "Well there you go. You're already my servant, and I guess I did take you away."

I gaped at Jungkook.

"You have a soul?" I wheezed. Jungkook smirked.

"No," he answered, "but I do have a brain. I know that you don't want to."

"Well, thanks for not raping me, then," I muttered as Yousun shrieked again. My face went warmer, and I rapidly turned around and power walked to the kitchen.