Chapter 8

Skyli's POV

It took some effort on my part, but I finally got Wyatt up the stairs and to the bedroom. He sat on the bed and pulled me into his lap, nuzzling his head in my neck.

"How do you always smell like strawberries?" He asked. I touched his cheek gently and pulled back to get him to look at me.

"It's time to go to sleep," I said sternly. He nodded and laid down. I took off his shoes and he pulled his shirt off. He pulled his own pants off and pulled up the cover I gave him. I sighed and started to leave.

"No no, wait!" He said sitting up. even I could tell the move made him dizzy. He steadied himself before looking at me again. "You're leaving," he asked.

"I'm just going downstairs," I said. He held onto my arm and pulled me on to his lap again.

"No, you're leaving. Please don't leave me. Everyone leaves me but you can't. You can't leave me," he said frantically. There were even tears in his eyes. I sighed and kissed his head slowly. He looked so scared... so broken.

"I'm not leaving, I promise. Okay?" I said softly. He nodded and rested his head on my chest.

"You promised," he mumbled. He held my hand and played with my fingers. I gently laid him down and sat beside him as I ran my fingers through his hair.

"You promised," he muttered quietly as he finally went to sleep. I sighed and kissed his head before I left the room, closing the door gently behind me. I went downstairs and sighed and I plopped down on the couch next to Davis.

"Why would you let him drink. Why would you encourage it?" I asked as I pinched the bridge of my nose. Davis was quick for a moment as he moved Grace's rocker.

"He really cares about you, you know," he said. I let go of my nose and looked at Davis.

"I know," I said softly.

"I meant what I said earlier. Wyatt's party used to start after his gigs. Now, he shuts down right when he's supposed to and then we go out for coffee. He loves Grace to death... and he loves you too," Davis said. I only shook my head.

"Gracie I'll agree with, but he doesn't love me," I argued. Davis chuckled.

"You and Gracie are all he talks about," Davis said.

"A few weeks ago, a girl came to the house. Wyatt had just left for a gig. She was dressed in practically nothing with her boobs spilling out of a very exposing top. She woke Gracie up, so I had to take her to the door with me. The first thing she did was smile and introduce herself. Of course, I knew it was all fake but I amused her anyway. She asked for Wyatt and I told her he was out so she asked me to give him a message. She asked me to tell him that she had fun last weekend and would love to go again some time," I explained to Davis. He sighed and shook his head.

"God dammit, Isabel," he muttered.

"Language," I said looking to Grace. "Wait, how did you know who I was talking about?" I asked.

"That girl is obsessed with Wyatt. She swears they're going to get married or something. She went to London a while ago and recently came back. Wyatt told me she showed up about a month ago and heard you and Grace. She knew you would answer the door because she know that Wyatt works the club every Wednesday night. Plus, Wyatt was with me that weekend. You know that," Davis explained. I shrugged.

"I don't know what I know anymore. Wyatt can do whatever he wants on his time. I don't control him," I said unconvincingly. Davis laughed at me.

"Oh come on, Sky-bug. The man is clearly head over heels in love with you, and you know it," he said. I shook my head.

"Wyatt doesn't love," I said.

"He loves the hell out of you and that baby," Davis countered.

"Davis," I warned.

"You should ask him," Davis said. I sighed and just let it go. I yawned and looked towards the TV as I grew sleepy.

"I should put Gracie to bed," I said sleepily.

"She's fine right here, and we already changed, fed, and bathed her," Davis said. "Plus Wyatt is a wild sleeper when he's sleeping off alcohol. That wouldn't be a good idea." I sighed and looked at Davis.

"Thanks for being here. For being a friend," I smiled lightly. He smiled back.

"You're welcome Sky-bug. Now get comfortable and get some sleep," he said opening his arms for me. I chuckled and leaned against his side, curling up automatically as he pulled a blanket over my body and held me gently.

"Night Davis," I muttered.

"Night Sky-bug," he replied.

Wyatt's POV

I woke up tangled in my sheets with a major hangover. I groaned and considered going back to sleep before I thought about Skyli and Grace. I shot up faster than my head allowed and grabbed my head, closing my eyes briefly. They weren't in the bed. I saw aspirin and water on the bedside table and took it gratefully. After a few minutes, I went downstairs to look for them. I found Skyli and Davis tangled in each other on the couch and Grace was still asleep in her rocker. I shook Davis' shoulder gently. He yawned and looked at me.

"Hey, look who's up," he joked softly. I raised an eyebrow at the position he was in with Skyli. Davis only rolled his eyes.

"Oh relax. We fell asleep on the couch innocently," Davis explained. I chuckled quietly and pat his shoulder.

"I know, bro. She sleeps like a cobra. Over the course of the night, you find yourself getting more and more tangled," I said. He chuckled and nodded.

"She's so cute when she's sleeping though," Davis said, trying to untangle himself. I smiled lightly as I looked at her.

"I know," I agreed as Davis finally untangled himself. "Come on, I'll make breakfast."