Chapter ♞ 28: The Little Things

A/N written by Ai ♥

Can't think of a better title, forgive me -Bry

You dropped your pencil off your desk for the fifteenth time today, and the sound of it clattering to the floor earned you yet another deathly glare from the librarian sitting nearby. You had been studying vigorously now for the past few days, and even when you weren't at the library you were buried in books at home.

Unfortunately though, that meant no sleep for you.

The library's giant echoing walls and towering dusty bookshelves gave off a sort of elegant feel, not something you could get used to.  After all, if you couldn't improve your grades, how could you afford going here?  

Halfway through a large history book, you yawned and slumped down on the desk you were sitting at. The library was too hot and cold surface was surprisingly pleasant to rest your cheek on. You closed your eyes a little, feeling the fatigue from your sleepless nights suddenly taking their toll.

"Just a little nap won't hurt." You thought to yourself, before falling asleep. 

~

 "Y/N, Y/N!"

You were awakened by the sound of hushed whispering and someone shaking your shoulder. You sat up suddenly, realizing where you were. "I'm sorry!" You yelped, and throughout the library people shushed you. 

"I'm sorry." You whispered, noticing Kyoya and the Hitachiin twins were in front of you.

"Are you okay Y/N?" Kyoya asked. "You were fast asleep." he said, taking a seat across the desk from you. The twins followed suit, Kaoru taking a seat next to you, while Hikaru sat beside Kyoya. You ran a hand through your hair sheepishly. "I'm fine." You said, looking at the books still in front of you. "Just studying." 

"It seems like you're doing too much studying." Kaoru said seriously, staring at you. Quickly he reached out his hand, and pressed his thumb just below your eye. "You have bags bigger than my bank account." he said, and you pulled away. "I don't need you telling me that," you muttered, and began packing up your things. 

 Kyoya stood up. "And where are you going?" he asked, helping you by picking up some books. You shrugged. You hadn't made up your mind yet, but with these guys here you wouldn't be able to study at all. Especially when it was the twins.  

"I need to study in peace." you said, and suddenly Kyoya grabbed your arm as you were reaching out to take your last book. "If that's the case, I can keep you company. I need to catch up on something here too." he said, looking at you. You shrugged him off. "It's not you I'm worried about, it's them." You said, nodding to the twins who were still sitting at the desk. 

 Kaoru frowned. "We're annoying?" he asked, and Hikaru sighed. "She means you." he said to his brother, nudging him with his elbow. You groaned. "I mean both of you." you said. 

And that's why, ten minutes later, you and Kyoya were studying in the library alone together.You stole a glance at him, but Kyoya was engrossed in a particular book and didn't notice you. You stifled a sigh and opened a book. Math was your W/B subject, but this year's exams would be even more difficult than last year. You were struggling either way. Kyoya seemed to notice, because for a few minutes you could feel his eyes on you. "What?" you asked, after you began to feel uncomfortable.

"Do you need help?" he asked, already moving from his seat to sit next to you. You sniffed. "Not real-" 

Before you could finish, Kyoya took your pen and began writing and underlining things in your notes copy. "In order to find X here, you need to subtract Y minus Y two..."