Chapter Fifty-Seven

"Well, I showered. I shaved. Had some breakfast. Very relaxing." Damon's voice said into his phone, across the room. I'd been awake only for a few moments and in that time I had rolled over to the side of the bed to watch Damon wondering around getting ready for the day. After sliding on his shirt and buttoning it up he had dialed a number into his phone and started talking.
"I did hear one piece of good news though. Tyler Lockwood ran away from home last night." He said again in response to whatever it was that was said. The gloating tone in Damon's voice had me rolling me eyes at his back, if he hadn't already told me I would have smacked him from how casually he was talking about the subject. Damon turned around with his phone held to his and when he saw me awake he grinned. "Well, I heard it form Sheriff Forbes, who heard it from a very distraught Carol Lockwood, thus, ending our werewolf chapter bringing us too..." He trailed of and I could vaguely make out a buzz of someone's voice on the other end of the phone and then Damon smirked. "Exactly."
He looked over again and caught my eye. 'Who is it?' I mouthed.
'Stefan.'
I nodded and relaxed back into the bed. So does that mean Stefan and Elena were back in town now? They better be, so I can murder Elena for not thinking! After Damon told me the unspoken part of Elena and Elijah's deal I was furious. I wan't to drive up to the lake house and physically smack some sense into Elena- but I doubt even that would work at this stage. But along with the pulsating anger, i was disappointed the most. Disappointed that she can't see this from our point of view. That she's not even considering what kind of effect her dead would have on all of us; we'd be devastated. If I lost my twin sister, it would be like losing a part of me. And in a sense it would be because of how close we are... Or were.
The bed beside me dipped and I smile tiredly up at Damon. I was still emotionally drained from last night, I couldn't stop thinking about what happened, even when I attempted to fall asleep it was at the forefront of my mind, haunting me. I only manage to drift off after I accidentally woke Damon shifting around and he held me tightly, stroking my hair, humming.
"Well, I've got a crafty little dagger." Damon announced smugly. That's all Damon could talk about; the stupid little dagger he's gotten kill Elijah. He seemed to have complete faith in this small little object, whereas I had my doubts. Especially considering John gave it to him. Damon's suspicious on that point but is refusing to do anything about it at this point. He wants Elijah dead more than anything at the moment and it was worrying. Damon wasn't being careful and if he continues on like this something really bad is going to happen. I reached out and intertwined my fingers with his and he gave them a gentle squeeze.
"Oh, trust me, Stefan. I'm going to dot all of my T's. I don't want any surprises." He's only saying that because I told him last night how I feel about this. He spent a lot of the time trying to reassure me and ever not and then he was slipping in things like that.
Damon rolled his eyes. "Yes, Stefan, I've become you. How tragic for both of us. Got to run. I've a murder to plan. Busy day." He went to pull the phone away but Stefan said something that stopped him. His eyes flashed to mine. "She's fine, brother. You don't need to worry so much."
I gave Damon a smile that he returned before it fell. "Ah, no, no, no. I don't think that would be a good idea. You can continue with the research at the Gilbert -Elena isn't welcome here right now. I don't think Lillie would allow her to even make it across the threshold."
I squeezed his hand gratefully. I couldn't face Elena right now because there is nothing to say I wont actually slap her... Over and over again. And I just overly don't want to see her.
"Just let me know if either of you find anything useful, just avoid the house for now." I do feel kinda mean right now, it sounds like Stefan wasn't allowed to come to his own house, but that was not how it was at all. I'm happy to see Stefan but right now seeing Stefan meant seeing Elena... Enough said.
Damon clicked 'end call,' and turned to me. "You still refusing to talk to her."
"Obviously."
"You know she's only trying to do what she feels is right."
"And?"
"'And,' you should give her a break."
I sat up and glared at him. "No! I'm not going to 'give her a break,' because she's trying to get herself killed. What if it was Stefan?"
Damon rolled his eyes and stood up. "That's different."
"Not really."
"Stefan's a vampire, Lillie."
I raised an eyebrow. "Really? I had no idea, i though drinking blood was a normal thing. And anyway, vampire or not, he's you brother. If he made a deal like this to save your life how would you feel?"
He didn't need to answer that question because I knew exactly how he would feel... Like shit. Like he wasn't capable of protecting himself, he's be angry that Stefan would do that because he wouldn't deserve it. "I need you to be on my side for this, Damon."
He sighed. "Look, would you do the same for her and everyone else?"
Yes, I wanted to say so desperately because I would. I would sacrifice everything for the people that I love, but a selfish part of me also wanted to say no. I didn't want die and I unlike Elena I would try my hardest to stay alive. I would fight more than she is, that's where this whole situation changes; I'm not like her.
"Would you?" I counteracted.
The look in Damon's eyes were tense. "I'm going out." He said, completely ignoring my question. But that alone was his answer, we were alike in that way. "Alaric's been doing some snooping for me and I'm meeting him at the grill. Are you coming?"
I fell backwards into the blanket. "No."
Damon reached over and ripped the covers off of me, exposing me. I had fallen asleep in Damon's shirt last night and at some point it had bunched up around my waist, revealing my panties. I grabbed the hem of the shirt and tried to pull it down to cover me but I was laying on it. I huffed when I couldn't get it to move and just gave up.
"Come on. You need to get out of bed at some point to day." Damon said, folding the blanket at the end of the bed out of my reach.
"No I don't."
"Well I want you to come with me. You're better company." He said with a smile.
I rolled my eyes. "Not happening. Yesterday was hectic, I just want to relax today."
"You can relax at the grill." He was very persistent that was for sure.
I reach out for Damon and when I found his hand, tugged him closer. When he was finally close enough to wrap my arms around i pulled him onto the bed on top of me. "We can also relax in bed." I said, grinning cheekily up at him.
His forearms were beside my head as he help himself up. "Hmm," He hummed. "Sound awfully tempting."
I gently placed my hands on his lower back on the edge of his shirt and slid my fingers underneath to come into contact with his skin. "Let's stay here." I murmured, gliding my fingers up his back slowly.
"Lillie..." He whispered. "Don't do this."
I pressed the pads of my fingers flat against his back. "Do what?" I asked innocently.
Damon's hands threaded through my hair and his thumbs rubbed against my hair line. "Distract me. You do it so well, it's not fair."
I grinned. "Then stay here with me. I can be a hell of a lot more distracting if you want."
Damon shook his head but his lips were twisted up. "You're going to be the death of me one of these days."
"Well, I certainly hope not." I replied.
Damon kissed me sweetly. "We're going." He said firmly once he broke the kiss.
I pouted. "But-"
"I'll buy you fries." Now that wasn't fair, he knew they were my weakness, everyone did. You could get me to do virtually anything when fries are involved.
"Fine." I gave in. "I'll come, but only for the fries and don't expect me to be nice to anyone other than you."
Damon pushed himself up and off of me but lent down and stole another kiss quickly. "I don't expect anything more."
I shoved him back and got out of bed. "You owe me a lazy day, mister."
"And you owe me for teasing."
I grabbed some clothes I had bought over yesterday after the Historical Society event; just a casual pair of jeans and jumper. "Well I'm sure we can fit something in." I threw a wink in afterwards before disappearing into the bathroom.

"Are you even breathing?" Damon nudged me in the ribs and I managed to choke on the fries I was too busy stuffing my face with. "That would be a 'no'." He added almost instantly.
I coughed and gulped down some water before glaring at him. "Don't do that when I'm eating."
"Oh? That's what that was. I've never seen someone eat so fast before."
"I'm hungry and love fries..."
"I can see that." He commented snatching a fry off of my plate. I swatted at him as he reached for another. "Hey! I bought those!"
"For me." I said, curling my arm protectively around the plate and sliding it across the table out of his reach.
"Don't I deserve at least one?"
I looked at him for a moment and then back to the fries... Back to him again. "Nope." And then I popped one in my mouth, chewing it exaggeratedly.
He rolled his eyes. "Very ladylike, Lillie."
"I know." I said with my mouth full. "This is what you get for dragging me out of bed, when we could be relaxing."
"When you could be relaxing."
I shook my head. "No, 'we'- You would have joined me eventually."
Damon kissed my cheek. "No arguing with that, you can be very tempting."
I kissed him properly. "I know."
"It's a public place, guys, come on!" I moved away from Damon and took notice of Alaric sliding into the booth, sitting opposite us.
Damon casually draped his arm around my shoulders and I went back to eating, this conversation was not for me. I only came here for the fries.
"Did you get anything out of Elijah? Other than a lecture on the historical values of Mystic Falls, that is?"
"No, it was boring." Alaric said dejectedly. His forearms were against the surface of the table, his hands clasped together as he sighed. "Of course, Jenna things he's charming."
"She's not the only one." I mumbled, thinking of Hollee. Alaric and Damon looked at me weirdly and I just shook my head, sliding the plate towards Alaric. "Want one?"
He smiled and took a handful.
"That's not fair." Damon grumbled beside me and after Alaric had finished I slid the plate towards Damon.
"Share?"
He took a chip and then grinned. "Of course." He then focused back on Alaric as he munched away on the chips. "You sound Jealous."
"No."
"No? What kind of answer is 'no?'"
"I'm not Jealous."
"You definitely sound it, Buddy. But don't worry, I'm sure it's just the accent that had Jenna flustered." Damon said casually, like he didn't expect his words to have any kind of effect. But Alaric's face fell.
"Do you really think it's the accent?"
"Ye-"
"Don't be silly," I interrupted Damon quickly already seeing the trouble this was causing Alaric and Damon was really not helping anyone. "There is nothing remotely attractive about that accent, and I'm sure Jenna feels the same way. You have nothing to worry about, Ric."
"You don't find him attractive?" Damon asked.
"I said I didn't find his accent attractive."
Damon turned his body to face me now. "So, overall you do find him attractive?"
I grinned slyly. "Why? You jealous?"
He frowned. "No."
"You sound it." I pointed out. "Don't you think, Ric?"
"You kinda do." Ric agreed, smirked.
Damon cleared his throat. "So, you got nothing from Elijah?" He asked, changing the subject.
I gave a short triumphant laugh. Revenge for his prodding at my jealous state yesterday.
"I got less then nothing." Alaric replied.
"Well that's helpful. The less we know, the harder it's going to be to dispose of him."
"You're still trying to kill him?" I asked the two.
"It needs to be done." Damon answered.
I disagree. "How do you plan on doing that anyway?"
Damon's eyes glinted. "That's for me to know."
"And Alaric?"
"Exactly."
I grabbed a fry and ate it, knowing that that was all I was going to get right now. I don't get why he won't tell me, it's not like i'm going to tell Elijah their plan, that would just result in everyone's death and frankly I don't want their blood on my hands.
"Okay, great." I said. "As long as you actually make sure that he stays dead this time."
"Stay dead?" A feminine voice spoke from behind us. I know who it is and I just wish they would go away.
"Hi, Andie." I greeted with fake politeness. "It's rude to eavesdrop."
Andie seemed taken aback by my words and stuttered out a response. "I-I didn't mean to I was just coming by to say 'hey.'"
I slouched in the booth. "Well then, 'hey.'"
"Hi, Andie." Alaric greeted with a genuine smile. "Why don't you take a seat." He shuffled over in the seat and made room for her. I glared at Alaric across the table. Didn't he get that I didn't want her here? Was he doing this on purpose for some reason? Andie sat down and dropped her bag to her feet.
"I was actually looking for Jenna..." She trailed off.
"Sorry, haven't seen her." I stated.
"I was talking to Ric."
Beside me Damon chuckled lowly. "Hiya, Andie. How are you?" He asked.
I eyed him suspiciously as he lent forward on the table and smirked in Andie's direction. She grinned at Damon's attention and fluttered her eyelashes. "Good, although I would be better if you had joined me for a drink the other day."
I moved my glare to Andie. Now I was jealous. "He was busy." I said coldly.
"With?"
Nosy bitch.
"Something that I couldn't re-arrange. I apologize for blowing you off." Damon said charmingly. What is he doing? Is he trying to get back at me for the Elijah comment? Is he really that childish?... I already know the answer to that, I really shouldn't expect anything less from him.
"What are you doing?" I gritted through my teeth lowly.
Damon smirked at me. "Who's jealous now?"
I let a smirk form on my own face as I glanced between Damon and Andie, an idea developing. I made eye contact purposely with Andie and grabbed Damon by the front of his shirt pulling him to me, pressing my lips to his. I know that this is childish of me but I don't like the way that she's looking at him, I wanted to make it clear that he wasn't available. And as Damon began to kiss me back, I think the point was put across pretty vividly for her, especially when she stood up and grabbed her bag off of the floor.
I broke away from Damon and grinned triumphantly at him. He rolled his eyes at me but grinned back nonetheless and grabbed my hand intertwining our fingers together.
"I've got work that needs doing," Andie said before turning to Alaric. "Tell Jenna I was looking for her will you?"
"Sure," He replied.
I watched Andie as she walked away and just before she walked out of the door she glanced back over her shoulder. I smiled and waved. Her nose scrunched up and she shrugged her bag further up her shoulder as she shoved the door open and hurrying outside.
"What was that about?" Damon demanded, his voice holding nothing but amusement.
"Nothing." I lied.
"Were you really that jealous of her?"
"...No."
Damon lifted my hand to his mouth and kissed my knuckles. "You have nothing to worry about, Lillie. I'm all yours."
I looked at him. "Really?"
"Yes." He rolled his eyes. "You should already know this, though."
I cuddled into his side. "It's nice to hear it sometimes."
"Seriously," Alaric groaned. "Can you two stop. You're sickening and it's weird."
Just to rub it in Alaric's face a little more I kissed Damon.
"God! I hate you both."
"Sure you do, Ric." Damon said. His eyes then strayed and he smirked. "Look who just walked in. Jenna and her new boyfriend."
I slapped Damon's chest. "Stop it." I caught Jenna's eye and waved her over.
"Hey, Aunt Jenna, Elijah." I greeted.
The two stopped at our table and smiled. "Hey, guys" Jenna said to us all. "Where were you last night?" She directed to me.
"Oh- uh-" I could feel my cheeks heating up. I didn't want this to be the moment i came clean about my relationship with Damon, but where else could I say I was. "The Salvatore's." I confessed.
Confusion washed over Jenna's face before it twisted in realisation and her eyes actually widened. "No way..."
"Don't say anything, Aunt Jenna!"
She opened her mouth several times but just opted for shaking her head in what I could only assume was disgust. I still don't quite understand why she didn't like Damon, he's never really done anything specifically to her.... Or anything that I know about.
"So," Damon said awkwardly. "I hear that you two had quite a meeting of historical minds today."
Jenna nodded slowly, kind of like she was still out of it, the revelation of my relationship still occupying her mind. "Yeah I guess you could say that."
Wow this was awkward... And I'm surrounded by adults...
"Hollee?" Elijah's voice cut into the awkwardly tense atmosphere and at the mention of my best friends name I looked up at the indestructible vampire although he gaze was focused across the room. Hollee stood staring, holding a bag of take-away food and a large folder in the other. With a longing glance at the door she wondered over, a forced smile on her face.
"Hello." She greeted, plopping the folder onto our table.
Jenna embraced Hollee quickly and mumbled a greeting. And then Hollee smiled at Elijah. "Hi, Elijah."
"Afternoon, Hollee. How has you day been?"
Hollee sighed but with a content smile. "Busy, but good. I started work again today and I've spent the morning catching up on some paperwork. How has your day been going?"
"Well, thank you. Jenna has just finished graciously given me a tour of Mystic Falls." Elijah said.
Alaric then stood up and moved past Hollee, Elijah and Jenna. "Well as much as I'd love to continue this, I've got papers to grade."
He better give me an A. "Have fun." I said instead.
Jenna reached and grabbed his sleeve halting him. "Wait! Maybe we could continue this later. It's been ages since I've had a good get together. I'll make diner." Jenna offered and I just looked at her.
"You want all these people to come to our house for diner?" I asked.
"Yes, it'll be fun-"
"No it wont! I won't be able to sleep! plus," I tried thinking of an excuse. "Our house is far too small."
Damon raised his hand beside me. "I'll be more happy to host."
"No!" I whined. "My complaining was me trying to get it to not happen at all, not for you to volunteer your house, Damon! I mean, really, who would want to spend time with with all of us? I don't!"
Why do I have the feeling i'm going to lose this argument horribly?
"Yeah," Hollee spoke up. "I'm sorry but i'm busy."
Jenna turned to her. "Oh, come on, Hollee! It'll be fun and you said that you've been working for most of the day, you deserve a break."
Hollee looked over and me and i shook my head. No! Don't do it! I wanted to shout, if she goes I have to go, although I'd probably have to go anyway -but if Hollee goes i'd have to wear something uncomfortable.
Hollee bit her lip and picked her large work folder up whilst glancing at Elijah. He smiled and gave a tilt on his head. Hollee exhaled and nodded. "Okay, fine. I'll go, but I might have to leave slightly earlier."
"Everyone hates me." I grumbled.
"No one hates you." Damon mumbled, kissing my temple. I pushed him away as I noticed Jenna shifting uncomfortably from foot-to-foot.
"Well then," Jenna almost reluctantly looked at Damon, "How does six sound at your place?"
"Perfect."
"Someone kill me now." I muttered.
"Elijah," Hollee said, "Can you make it?"
"I'd be delighted, Hollee."
They're gross. That's going to make the evening even worse, I have to watch Hollee and Elijah try and pretend that they don't want each other when really it's as obvious as the fucking sun -it's disgusting... Because I hate to admit it but they're pretty damn cute.
Damon clapped his hands together. "Great. Well I'll see you all at six then?"

I placed down a knife and fork beside the white, china plate. Damon had me setting the table as he sat in one of the chairs watching. "You could help, you know."
Damon took a sip of his bourbon. "I could..." He agreed, but made no effort to move.
I continued around the table making sure that each seat had a knife, a fork, and obviously a plate, although just to annoy Damon I purposely left his space empty. He knew what I was doing but let it be.
"Why did you agree to this in the first place?" I questioned once everything was finally set.
"Because Alaric didn't manage to get anything from Elijah, so it's my turn."
I sat down on his lap. "Why do I have the feeling that you have something devious planned?"
Damon's arms wounds around my waist pulling me in closer. "Because you know me far too well."
"Unfortunately," I grinned. "I do."
Damon touched my face gently and kissed me. "Shut up." he mumbled.
I loved moments like this with Damon, he was different with me than he was with everyone else and it made me feel special... Important. It warmed my heart and my love for the man only grew with each kiss we shared.
But our moment was broken by the loud ringing of the doorbell. I pulled away from Damon and stood up, I bent over to kiss his cheek. "You can get the door."
I grabbed the plate and cutlery that was supposed to be for Damon and took it back to the kitchen to put it away. He can get it himself later.
"I didn't say you could come in." Damon's voice called out through the house.
"I didn't need an invitation." Hollee's distinctive British accent rang out. I rolled my eyes.
"Uh- well it just happens to be my house."
"Its nice." Hollee's voice was closer now.
I opened the bottom cupboard and put the plate back just in time for Hollee to waltz through the door with Damon hot on her tail.
"You're not supposed to be here till six." Damon said coldly.
Hollee turned to him. "Well, who else is going to make your girlfriend all pretty for tonight?"
"She is already pretty." Damon defended. I
i narrowed my eyes at Hollee and cocked an eyebrow in question. "Is that an insult?
"No! of course not. I just hate the way you dress."Hollee said as if it was obvious.
Damon pushed past Hollee and through an arm over my shoulder. "I just happen to like how she dresses."
I gently patted Damon's chest affectionately with a gleeful smile. "Thanks. "I said.
Across the room Hollee made a sound of disgust in the back of her throat. "How can you stand him?"
"I ask her the same question everyday about you." Damon retorted."
"Guys!" I exclaimed. "Can you give it a break?" I looked at Hollee pointedly."Damon is my boyfriend," I shook Damon's arm off and stepped away. "And Hollee is my best friend, If you two cant get along fine but I am getting sick and tired of your constant bickering; its childish and just plain irritating."
Damon and Hollee fell silent and Damon shifted beside me. It was like I could actually feel his need to say, 'she started it.' But he refrained from saying anything. He kissed me quickly and then left the kitchen without another word.
Hollee let out a sigh and raised a bag in her hand. "Let's gets started."

"You didn't fight me this time." Hollee commented as we walked down the stairs. I ruffled the skirt of the she had given me to change into. I actually kind of liked this dress, it was nicer than what I had expected from her. She tends to dress me in clothes she would wear and that is most definitely not what I would even go near. Although this specific one was nice -a bit dressy, I guess, but nice nonetheless.
"There was no point. Would I have won?"
"No."
"Exactly."
Hollee's was definitely dressy for a simple diner, but she wears things like this all the time so I guess it's not that much of a bold statement. It certainly emphasizes her body considering it was almost like a second skin, but it wasn't a trashy kind of tight, it was modest and elegant looking -undoubtedly for Elijah.
"Alaric, it's good to see you." Damon said as we reached the bottom of the stairs. I peered around the banister and saw Damon holding the front door wide open allowing Alaric to step through, followed closely by Jenna.
"And Jenna, always a pleasure." His voice was painfully sweet and I had to hold back a snort when Jenna rolled her eyes and followed Alaric into the house. Hollee on the other hand didn't quite manage.
Damon closed the door and turned to us. "She doesn't like me much." He informed like it was no big deal.
"I can see that. Maybe Lillie should see that as a sign."
My shoulders sagged at the dig. My relationship with Damon was never going to be left alone, was it? I know Hollee meant no harm to me, but that didn't mean it didn't actually hurt every time she made some mean comment like that. I loved Damon, why couldn't she get that sometimes.
Damon's eyes fell on me and remained there. I smiled up at him shyly, playing with the hem of my dress. It's not been very common for him seen me in a dress, I think it's only been a handful of times and each time the dresses have changed drastically. This one made me feel like a small doll and it fell to mid thigh.
Hollee patted my shoulder and gave me a shove forward. "You're welcome." Whether she was saying that to me or Damon, I didn't know, and I didn't get to ask either as she walked past Damon and I disappearing after Alaric and Jenna.
I looked back up at Damon and smiled. "Hi."
"You look beautiful." He said, letting his eyes roam my body.
I felt my cheek flare. "Really?" It was weird being called beautiful, especially by someone who looks like Damon does.
Damon reached out and brushed some hair out of my face, tucking it behind my ears. "Really," he said. "Although you didn't need to put on a dress to look beautiful."
"Thank you." I whispered. I'd never felt so shy and timid around Damon before, but something about him in this moment felt... Intimate. It was an unusual sense of intimacy, but it made me weak in the knees.
His forehead pressed to mine. "I love you."
My lips stretched wide. "I love you too." And then I kissed him. It was a simple, soft kiss. I didn't want to risk getting ahead of my self when there were other people in the house. I broke away and inhaled deeply. "You have guest to entertain."
Damon moved in again but I quickly turned my head giving him my cheek. He sighed. "I thought I was entertaining you."
"You were, very much so and it would have been much better if you didn't offer to have this stupid diner, but everyone makes mistakes so I wont hold it against you... Forever." I peaked his cheek and patted the other.

After leaving Damon in the hallway I bumped into Hollee and Alaric in the parlour be continued on through to the kitchen where I assumed Jenna would be. And I was right, as I entered I was greeted with the sight of Aunt Jenna bending over shoving something into the oven.
"Hey," I said, letting the door close behind me.
Jenna jumped and smacked her hand hard against the counter as she stood up. "God! Lillie! Don't do that too me. Make some kind of noise next time."
"I closed the door."
"After you said something."
I rolled my eyes. "Okay, I'll make sure to stamp my way through the house next time. Anyway, need any help?"
Jenna handed me a large knife and gestured to the chopping board surrounded by different vegetables. "Cut those up for me?"
"Sure," I got to work, slicing tomatoes, cucumber and various other yucky veggies. "So," I trailed off casually.
"What?"
"What's up with you and Ric?" This had been bugging me for a while. I noticed it earlier at the grill, Aunt Jenna and Ric were really off with each other, awkward almost.
Jenna's shoulders fell and her hand fell slack, dropping her knife to the table to face me. "I don't know." She confessed. "I really really like him." Her lips twitched it was almost unnoticeable. "It's more than like and I want it to work," And it fell. "But I can't help but feel that he's hiding something from me. And then I've gt John whispering things in my ear about him."
I bit my lip between my teeth hard. John again. I was starting to lose all patience with that man, he was causing far too many problems and I want him gone. "Since when do you listen to John, Aunt Jenna? He's nothing but a pathological liar, it's what he does and i'm convinced that he finds some kind of joy out of causing problems with people. I can assure that nothing John said was true. He's someone who doesn't know what the truth actually is. Don't believe him."
"I don't, Lils, but I have this gut feeling; that Ric's not telling me something. Something important."
What could I possibly say to that? He was. "Maybe he's not ready to tell you yet?" That was the best I could do?! "Maybe he's trying to protect you."
Jenna sighed. "What could be so bad that he'd need to protect me from it?" She had no idea.
"I don't know." I lied. "But you need to talk to him about this."
Jenna looked like she was deep in thought for a minute before smiling at me. It wasn't one of her usual smiles, bright and happy, instead it looked strained and like she was forcing it just for me. "Thanks... For listening to me."
"Anytime."
"Now, about you and Damon..."

That was conversation that I did not want to have and it was just as awkward as I anticipated it to be. It was horrible! No wonder I kept the relationship quite the whole time.
"I'm fine, Aunt Jenna-" I tried to reassure.
"Really? He's not pressuring you?"
"No!" I denied quickly, "Of course he's not. Damon's not that bad!"
"Debatable..." Hollee said walking into the kitchen. Jenna's eyes narrowed at me with Hollee's words.
I sighed. "Hollee doesn't like Damon very much, her opinion shouldn't matter here. Damon treats me fine." I glared at Hollee, "Were you eavesdropping?"
"No. I was actually escaping."
"Damon pissing you off?" I asked and received a scolding smack from Jenna.
"Surprisingly, no- at least not right now. John's here."
My jaw clenched and I dropped the knife I had began using again during the chat with Jenna and stormed out of the kitchen. He shouldn't be here; he's not wanted here.
"John!"
He was stood tensely standing in front of a seething Damon and he turned to face me at the call of his name.
"Lillie, it's good to see you again." He greeted pleasantly.
"I want you gone." I hissed once I reached them. "You shouldn't be here, no one wants you here -Leave!"
"Now, that's no way to speak to your father."
He did not just say that. "What did we talk about the other night, John? You're not my father and never will be. I don't even want you as an uncle, you're just an overall problem and I want absolutely nothing to do with you. I want you too leave."
Something unidentifiable flashed across Johns face but he managed to compose himself quickly. "I don't you have any power here or a right to tell me to leave."
"No, she may not but I do. It's my house, leave." Damon said, moving closer to my side.
"It's good to see you, Damon." John said before walking further into the house, smashing his shoulder off against Damon's on the way past.
"I hate him!" I grumbled angrily under my breath.
"You're not alone on that one."
I lent into Damon's side for the support. "Do you think I can hide upstairs now that he's here? I don't want to be that close to him ever again, I might end up doing something that i'll regret."
He pressed a kiss to my hair line. "No, the others would notice you missing and I don't think Jenna would like it very much."
"But-"
"You be fine. I won't let you do anything that I think you may regret."
I exhaled. "Fine. I'm going over to Hollee and Jenna, they don't like him either."
Damon's arm slid around my shoulder. "Or you could stay and keep me company."
"Nothing good would come of that and you know it."
He reluctantly nodded. "Unfortunately. Fine, go, mingle. Have fun."
I pulled away from him. "Doubtful," I said over my shoulder as I walked away from him.

"What's he doing here?" Jenna asked when I approached.
"Trying to get himself killed." I replied.
Jenna just looked at me and I quickly corrected myself. "Trying to annoy us to death."
"Everyone's starting to settle around the table." Alaric said, holding a plate in one hand and a glass of wine in the other. He handed the glass to Jenna and smiled almost hesitantly at her. It took her a moment of analyzing him before accepting the wine and returning his smile. I physically saw him relax and held his arm out to her. She took his outstretched arm and followed behind him to the dining table.
"Do I look okay?" Hollee whispered into my ear suddenly and I jumped in fear and surprise.
I whirled around to face her with a look of believe on my face. "Uh- yeah, you always look okay? Why? Whats got you doubting it?" Although when I noticed her gaze was focused on something across the room I knew what it was. "It's Elijah, isn't it?" When did he arrive anyway?
"Yeah," She said slowly. "I really like him and I just want to look nice."
I took Hollee's hand in mine and gave it a comforting squeeze. "You're the best looking one here, you don't need to doubt yourself. You always look amazing and anyway, if he was worth your time it wouldn't matter to him whether you were dressed in jeans and a T-shirt or a dress."
Hollee looked down at herself and for a moment scrutinizing her dress. She smoothed a hand down the soft fabric and glanced up. I watched as she caught Elijah's eye. He was in the middle of having a discussion with Damon about something that did not seem to be interesting him in the least. He stopped paying all attention to the vampire in front of him and had his focus on Hollee. I couldn't help the internal 'awww' at him mouthing 'beautiful' her way when Damon turned to mumble something to Alaric.
"See," I said, "He think's you beautiful anyway. You don't need to try."
Hollee's posture straightened out, her shoulders back, back straight. She stood tall and confident. "You're right," She said with a relieved grin. "For once." She added.

"I hate to break it to you, Damon, but according to Elijah, your family is so not a founder of this town." Jenna said after we'd all been seated and the main course had been served. Jenna grinned smugly, like she took some kind of joy out of telling Damon this.
Damon took a sip of his wine and hummed. "Hmm, do tell."
Jenna gestured to Elijah. "Well," He started. "as I mentioned to Jenna earlier, a factuion of settlers migrated from Salem and after the witch trials in teh 1600s. Over the next hundred years they developed this community where they could feel safe from persecution."
I was sat in between Hollee and John -John sitting on one end of the table, Damon sitting on the other end with Alaric and Jenna on either side of him and Elijah was sat opposite Hollee. I was sulking in my seat because Jenna had forced me to sit beside John because she didn't want too and she used 'I'm-your-legal-guardian-you-have-to-do-as-I-say,' as a reason. I wasn't happy.
"Because they were witches." Jenna whispered creepily before chuckling. I'm glad that Jenna doesn't realise that that probably was the case and that even thought she was joking around; she was right... Most likely.
"Well, the lore says that there was this wave anti-witch hysteria. It broke out in the neightboring settlement, so these witches were rounded up. They were tied to stakes in a field together and, uh, burned." Elijah said. Everyone was watching him, obviously for different reasons. But if i'm honest this talk was kind of disturbing me, I thought that this was supposed to be a nice get together and now wer discussing dead witches, whilst we eat. "Some say you could hear the screams from miles around us. They were consumed by the fire," I could have lived without knowing that. He ruining a perfect good diner. He took a bite and the extended his hand out. "Can you pass that?"
I looked back down at my plate and took a moutful as Hollee beside me handed Elijah what it was he asked for.
"I wouldn't repeat this to teh Historical Society." Jenna said.
At the end of the table John cleared his throat and I glared at him. "It's starting to sound a little like a ghost story to me."
I reached and grabbed my glass, and acting as casually as I could I took a drink as I swung my leg out, kicking John hard under the table. He jolted at the pain and squeaked.
I faked innocence. "Are you okay?"
"Don't do that again." He said firmly.
"Do what?" I frowned.
"Don't do it again." He repeated angrily.
I shook my head. "I'm sorry, I don't know what you're talking about."
"So," Damon said loudly, breaking John and I apart. "Why do you want to know the loaction of these alleged massacres?" He asked Elijah.
"You know..." Elijah looked around the table before focusing on Damon. "a healthy historian's curiousity, of course."
"Of couse." Damon agreed with a small nod.

The rest of the meal progressed surprisingly well, John kept his mouth shut most of the time and because of that I didn't kick him again, although I did have the urge to do it several times. Elijah, Hollee and Jenna were deep in discussion about something probably boring and then, Ric and Damon were talking about the most pointless things as well after Damon managed to piss Elijah off. Elijah didn't show that he was annoyed he was actually really well presented but Damon's constant string of questions about things that he really shouldn't be asking would piss anyone off. I think that's why Elijah was keeping his discussion going for so long Jenna and Hollee, to keep Damon from sliding in anymore questions.
After the diner was done, Hollee stood up and grinned at Jenna. "The food was wonderful, Jenna. Thank you for having me, but I should really get going now, my pile of work is only going to grow."
Jenna stood up and hugged Hollee. "I glad you could come anyway, it was fun. We should do it again sometime."
"Most definitely."
"Work at this late at night?" Damon asked, "I thought most hairdressers close late afternoon."
Hollee paused. I sunk into my chair, this was not going to end well. Since when did she even give him the idea that she was a hairdresser? Hollee turned to Damon with sharp eyes. "I'm actually a lawyer."
Damon chuckled disbelieving. "Of couse you are."
Hollee grabbed her bag and coat before walking back over to Damon. "Last year I graduated summa cum laude from London School of Economics. Since then, I've sucessfully sent nine seperate men to prison on accounds of rape and domestic abuse, whilst arguing for a chnage in the definition of crime from merely breaking the law to a violation of human rights. In February my argument was put in front of the supreme court and is currently under review."
I didn't even know what half of that was and I was still impressed. Damon was too. Although he quickly covered it.
"Now, I suggest you stop judging people by their appearance, Damon." Hollee all but hissed. "It won't get you anywhere. You're an ass."
I grinned at Hollee, this was one time that I was happy for her to tell Damon off and was actually on her side. Damon really needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. I stood up from the table with everyone else as they all said their pleseant 'goodbyes.'
"I'll see you later?" I asked Hollee.
She nodded. "As long as you're alone." and she tilted her head in Damon's direction.
"Don't worry. I won't force him on you. I'll walk you out."
"No, it's fine. I can do that." Hollee and I turned around to find Elijah standing with a small smile.
"Okay, well, goodnight, Hollee. Good luck with your work."
As I backed away, I watched as Elijah took her coat, holding it for her to slip on easily. She grinned at him and then let him escort her to the door.