Chapter 10

Skyli's POV

School.

I still hated it and I still had to go. I sighed and looked at Wyatt.

"I'll see you after I escape the depths of hell," I said. It's been two weeks since Wyatt admitted to liking me.

"Skyli Bell, language," Wyatt joked with a fake gasp and everything. I laughed and kissed him quickly. He grabbed my hand at the last second and pulled into another, longer kiss.

"I'll see you later," he said softly. I bit my lip before I smiled. I grabbed my bag and headed into the school. I couldn't help but to glance back at Wyatt's SUV before entering the school. At my locker, Mimi, Fetara, and Jonas were waiting per usual. I was more distant from them than before but we were still friends.

"Hey," Mimi greeted me. "Still going strong with Wyatt I see. Congratulations," she said. I chose to ignore her comment.

"Did anyone study for Ms. Field's test?" I asked trying to change the subject. I didn't like to talk about Wyatt with them. I felt like they wouldn't understand. They saw him when he was off the rails after his mom and sister died. They didn't see what I saw in him. They would never understand.

School went as school does: slowly and boringly. I was just glad that Wyatt's texts and pictures kept me entertained during the day.

"Are you coming over for Thanksgiving again this year?" Mimi asked. I closed my locker and shook my head.

"Wyatt and I have plans with his family," I declined.

"You two are getting pretty serious, huh?" Jonas asked. I rolled my eyes.

"We share a common interest," I answered vaguely. They followed me outside.

"And would that be smoking, drinking, partying, sleeping around, or all of the above," Fetara snapped at me, standing in front of me. Wyatt's car was only a few feet away. I glared at her as my fists balled on their own accord.

"You don't know anything!" I yelled at her.

"What? Did he give you a good deal on some drugs if you agreed to have sex with him? Is that it?" Fetara retorted. I stared at her shocked.

"Tara, you took it too far," Mimi said, stepping in between us. I could hear Grace crying from the rolled down windows. I stepped around them and opened their door to find her wailing.

"What happened?" I asked Wyatt.

"I could ask you the same thing. Just take her out of her seat and get in. She wants you," he said. I took her out of her seat and cradled her in my arms before moving to the front seat. I looked back to Fetara, Mimi, and Jonas with a blank stare before getting in and putting my seatbelt on quickly. I rocked her gently and tried to shush her. After a moment, it started to work. We got to the house and I changed and fed Grace before setting her in her rocker and sitting on the couch. Wyatt laid down and pulled me against his chest.

"Are you okay, Sky?" He asked softly. I put my head against his chest. I only shrugged. After a moment, I looked at him with a small smile.

"I will be," I said. He kissed me gently before tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear and kissing my forehead.

"Well, now you're on break so you don't have to worry about it too much," he said as I rested my head back against his chest. I didn't have to worry about my so-called friends, but I did have to worry about meeting Wyatt's family. For Thanksgiving, his family decided to come to his house. That included his two aunts, his uncle, his grandparents, Davis and a handful of cousins. I was glad Wyatt suggested it be a potluck dinner so I wouldn't have to cook everything, just the turkey.

Wyatt let us lay like that for practically an hour before he went to go make dinner. Grace was out in her rocker. I was content relaxing on the couch until the doorbell rang, waking up Grace. I sighed to myself.

"Crap," I muttered under my breath as I picked her out of the rocker.

"Sky, you got it?" Wyatt called from the kitchen.

"Yeah, hold on," I called back. I answered the door and saw Mimi. I didn't know what to do so I settled for trying to calm Grace down.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Tara was out of line with what she said to you," Mimi said softly as she fidgeted with her fingers. She always fidgeted when she felt guilty. I sighed and opened the door wider.

"Come in," I said, moving to the living room already. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle. I popped it in the microwave for a little bit. Wyatt looked into the living room curiously before he came back to me.

"Want me to get Gracie?" He asked. I smiled at him gently.

"No I've got her, but thank you," I said. He stood in front of me and pecked me gently before handing me Grace's bottle.

"Food is almost ready," he informed me. I took her bottle and went back to the living room. Mimi was standing next to the couch awkwardly.

"You can sit down. Sorry for the mess," I said as I tested Grace's bottle and fed it to her. I sat next to Mimi and waited.

"So the baby... she's yours?" Mimi asked hesitantly.

"In every aspect of the word except biologically. and before you ask. She's not Wyatt's biologically either," I said.

"So how did you end up raising a child with Wyatt?" She asked confused. I chuckled to myself lightly before I explained the whole story. After I was done, Grace was calm again.

"Can... Can I hold her?" Mimi asked. I nodded and passed Grace over. Mimi smiled as she played with Grace. Wyatt poked his head out.

"Dinner's ready," he announced.

"Are you hungry?" I asked her.