The Night

Kakashi made his way out of the meeting room. The plan was to have all area patrols doubled and to be on high alert. Nothing would slip by them this time; there wasn't an option to have a thing slip by them. Kakashi would not allow it, he as well as everyone else needed to be aware of everything at all times. They still had the prisoner and he secretly hoped the man's team would come for him. If anything Kakashi wanted that to happen, at least then he would be able to fight the group with all the backing of the rest of ANBU. He watched as the men slipped away, heading in their separate directions to begin their patrols. Inside and out the village was now heavily guarded, And now we wait.

As he made his way to Yuki he wondered how much time he could really spend with her now that his presence was so needed. I promised her our nights together would matter. He stopped as he smirked to himself, his mind drifting to what kinds of 'meaning' their nights could have. Oh Yuki, our nights will become so much more special. I can promise you that.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Yuki paced her room, nerves running wild. How could I have said all those things? Telling Wolf our nights should matter more, what could I have meant by that? That everything hadn't mattered up to now? Yuki was filled with dread, hoping she hadn't insulted Wolf with her words. He didn't leave angry so hopefully he'll return in a good mood.

Yuki sighed and stopped her pacing, trying her best to calm down.

"Something wrong?" Wolf's voice sounded through the room, bringing a smile instantly to Yuki's face

"Now that you're here everything is fine." Yuki turned to Wolf, flashing the smile she had on her face.

He rose instantly from the chair, standing in front of her bringing his arms around her waist.

"Obviously you were thinking about something." His hands moving up and down her back

"I was just thinking," Yuki paused as her hands came to rest on Wolf's arms "I was hoping I hadn't insulted you by saying our nights need to matter now. They have always mattered and I hoped you hadn't taken it the wrong way."

"Of course not Yuki." Wolf laughed lowly "You're completely right, our nights needed to always matter and now they need to matter even more."

He pulled her closer as she smiled up at him. He could feel her hands shaking on his arms. He had to kiss her, he needed to kiss her, but how? He stilled as the idea hit him, causing Yuki to move away a little.

"What is it?" She asked looking up at him, worry on her face

"I want to kiss you." Kakashi bluntly stated, Yuki's face glowing red and a small giggle escaping her

"I'd like that." She smiled widely at him as she leaned up closer to Kakashi's face

"But I don't want you to see my face."

"Why not?" Yuki's smile instantly turned into a frown as she lowered herself back to the ground

Kakashi sighed, I guess it's best I tell her some of the truth.

"Because I don't want you getting attached to me. If I wasn't in ANBU I would let my guard down and let you in, but with this between us it's hard for me. What if I don't come back one day? Do you know how bad I would feel knowing you were left to deal with all that pain?"

Yuki stared up at Wolf. She felt hopeless, I'm never going to be a part of his life. Not even after the promise he made me, he'll always keep me at a distance. She felt Wolf squeeze her arm, as if to pull her back to the conversation. He was dying to hear what she had to say. Yuki's heart overrode her mind, all rational thinking thrown out the window. She picked her head back up, with a smile on her face, and stared back at Wolf.