Chapter 9

Harry's POV
My classroom seemed even more dreary than usual. The other day with Piper had ruined every other day for me. She was becoming everything to me. Aubrey is and always will be my world, but Piper made that world just a little bit brighter. She's amazing.

In the morning, after I'd made her breakfast, I took her back to her apartment. I felt like a teenager, kissing her on her stoop, making promises to see each other soon. After that I'd gone to pick up Aubrey from her grandmother's house.

She was playing in her grandma's yard while Hanna sat on the porch in her rocking chair, a blanket draped over her legs. She smiled as I sat next to her, looking me up and down.

"What?" She shrugged, ignoring me.

"She'd be happy for you." I raised an eyebrow at her. "She always wanted you to be happy." I nodded. The thought of Ally still brought about a feeling of emptiness in my chest. For months after her passing, I destroyed myself, constantly wandering if there was anything else I could've done for her, if she'd still be around if there was. Years later, I've come to realize that there wasn't, that sometimes doors close in life. That closed door had led me into a dark room, but I'd found the exit, and waiting on the other side was a beautiful girl.

"What's her name?" Hanna asked, taking a sip of her hot coco.

"Piper-Jane." I said slowly, allowing my lips to curl at the thought of her. I could see her face whenever I closed my eyes, the way she smiled at me and rolled her eyes when I'd say something stupid. Hanna nodded.

"You love her, don't you?" I nodded, she smiled, her eyes locked on my expression. "I could tell." She was a wise woman, you could tell from her eyes. She'd had a classic love story, meeting her late husband when they were kids and falling in love with him as a teenager, marrying him as a young adult.

Aubrey ran up the steps, pulling me from my thoughts. She was bundled in a sweater and scarf, armed against the descending winter. She winked at me as she ran inside to get her things.

"I don't know if she could be anymore like you."

Piper's POV

I climbed out of my car, take out in hand and made for Harry's classroom. He'd called, saying that he would have to stay late to tutor a student or two for an upcoming test. Since I didn't have any plans, I decided to surprise him and bring him some dinner. It took some doing but I managed to find my way to the history building and was directed by a student to his door, which was standing open. I leaned against the doorway, listening to him. He was sitting on the edge of a wooden desk, arms crossed over his chest. He was wearing a button up shirt, the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. I could spot a bracelet on his wrist that Aubrey had made him. There were at least ten kids seated in the front rows of the class.

"Name the King who was born in Pella, Greece." A girl in the front row raised her hand.

"Alexander the Great, right?" Harry nodded. I walked in slowly, Harry spotted me and I waved the bag of Chinese food, he smiled. One the students turned, his eyes locking on me. He turned back to Harry.

"Mr. S, you dog, you." The boy said, shaking his head. Harry smirked. "Go on, introduce us." The boy said, turning again to wink at me.

"Careful, Trevor." Harry said as I joined him at the front of the class. He put a hand on my waist, possessively. "Everyone, this is Piper. Now if no one has any questions-" he let the sentence hang rather than just kicking them out. It was odd to hear him not add my middle name to it, like he always did.

"We'll take the hint." Trevor said, packing his things and heading for the door, just as the other students had. It wasn't long before it was just Harry and I.

"I brought dinner." I said putting the bag on his desk.

"Thanks, love. You didn't have to go to all that trouble."

"I wanted to." I shrugged, leaning against him. His hands were on my hips, holding me close to him. I brushed me fingers through his hair.

"Ohhhh." He smirked. "You missed me, huh?" He winked, moving his hand closer to my ass. He slipped his hand into my back pocket. His smirk wasn't the only thing that was growing.

"So what if I did?" I leaned forward, pressing my lips against his. I relished in the mint flavor that always lingered on my lips. I dug my teeth into his lip, gently, teasing him. "Such a shame though." I said, pulling away from him, running my finger along his broad chest. He raised an eyebrow and I laughed, grabbing the bag of food. "I'm not going to sleep with you in a classroom." Harry squeezed his eyes shut, as if he were banishing some pain. I walked around his desk, sitting in his chair, grabbing my food from the bag.

"How can you resist" he paused, popping out his hip and flipping he his hair, dramatically, "all this." I laughed, breaking apart my chopsticks. "You're just mean, Piper-Jane." He said, pulling up a chair and grabbing his food. "Why not, though?" I scoffed. "I'm serious, give me at least three good reasons why we shouldn't." I swallowed the dumpling I was chewing and gathered my thoughts.

"For one, this is a classroom, a place where young minds flourish, not a place to be perverted. For two, you'd forever be distracted by the thought of what we'd done here in your work evironment. For three, you can't give me one good reason why we should." I sat back, satisfied with myself.

"I sure as hell can!" He wiped his hands on a napkin before shrugging. "I'm horny." My eyes widened. How could it be that I still wasn't used to his directness? "You know what tomorrow is don't you?" I searched my brain, it wasn't an anniversary or a month-iversary. I shrugged.

"Wednesday?" He rolled his eyes.

"Tomorrow, we will have known each other for six months and I say we celebrate." I bit my lip, the day still clear in my mind. I remembered how close I was to canceling on Mia and staying home in bed. Now I was glad that I hadn't. "And if I'd been smart enough to ask for your number we would be dating for five months."

"How do you figure?"

"Because I would've waited a week to call you, set up a date for the next week. We'd go out a few times after that and after a month, I would've gathered the courage to ask you to be mine." His eyes were locked on mine, staring into my very core.

"What if I'd said no?" He shrugged.

"It wouldn't have mattered, sweetheart." He leaned onto the desk, closer to me. "We were made to be with each other. Long ago we were some hideous demon with four arms and four legs, two faces. But we were split. And it took me awhile, but I've found my other half." His eyes never left mine as he spoke. "I'm so glad I found you." His smirk returned to his face. "Even if you don't want to have sex in my classroom." He said with a sigh, tossing the empty food containers into the garbage.

"Pout all you want, not gonna happen." I laughed as he circled the desk, leaning down to kiss the top of my head. I smiled to myself as he collected his things. There's no one else in the world that could make my heart flutter with a single kiss, a single touch, a single glance. It's him. And it always will be.

~~~~~~~~~

I'm such an awful person wow. Sorry for the wait!

I have a question for you lovely people. Do you guys want there to be conflict in this book? I know a lot of books, especially fan fictions, have major conflicts. But the catch is it probably won't be very long without a conflict. So leave me your thoughts and opinions in the comments! Love you all!!! Xoxo