Chapter -1

The hall was well lit up. Luxurious chandeliers and artefacts decorating the huge room giving it a glorious look.

In middle of the room stood a huge rectangular table with black and gold design. Surrounding it were 12 chairs on each side and one chair that stood out the most at the top.

The person setted there stood out just like that chair. Giving out an intimidating aura that seeked authority. He was surely an important figure at that meeting.

Setted on either sides were the rest of the family members of the Azalea family.

The Azalea's were a prominent figure at the society. Both at the political and business field . A name that carried great power and control.

The Azalea's Annual meeting that takes place every December where every family members including the distant once joined was a fairly important event to the Azalea's.

Each member looked forward to it as it seemed like the perfect opportunity to showcase their talent to the head of their family.

The 85 yr old Linkon devis Azalea.

Everyone setted at the meeting seemed immersed at every detail. Some nervous, some excited, some scared, and others just thankful to be present there.

Everyone except Auburn.

At the far end on the left side sat Auburn Azalea, completely unbothered by the contents of the meeting and visibly 'irritated' by the waste of time.

Shaking her leg impatiently, clearly getting tired of this. Her phone captured her attention as it lit up with a message.

A long awaited message that bought a smile to her face, a smile that others might find scary as it was the closest thing she ever showed to an emotion.

She got up, the sound of her chair catching the attention of everyone including Linkon, as she left the meeting though the huge door with the same golden and black touch as the table.

Not bothering to even acknowledge him as she left without a word, twirling her phone with a playful smirk plastered on her face as she left calmly, humming a tune.

Back at the meeting, her parents Max and Sarene Azalea was clearly pissed off by their daughter's attitude. Their months of planning to secure an investment for their political campaign had just gone down the drain.

The others just sat there utterly shocked by the resent events, some even scared of what Linkon might do next.

It took everyone by surprise as Linkon's amused laugh echoed the silent table. The actions of his favourite grandchild could never stop amusing him, he thought. The 'favourite' part kept to himself.

Outside the building, Auburn giddily skipped towards her car like a child towards a cottan candy shop. Whatever message she received clearly got her excited.

She didn't have her driver's licence yet since she was just 17, but that didn't matter.

She was an excellent driver and her parents would easily bail her out if that landed her in trouble and bury every record of her even entering a police station since that would taint their image.

It would piss them off ofcourse and she loved getting on their nerves.

She speed her way, ignoring the speed limits and traffic lights. She probably bought herself quite a few charges and went against all existing trafic rules.

The look on her parents face as they bail her out was getting her more excited and giddy than she already was. Laughing like a maniac at that very thought, she drove like a madman towards an old, abandoned shed.

Well it looked abandoned and that did quite the job keeping away people except some drug driven hormonal teenagers. But the blood stain and creepy aura would have them running outside in no time.

She pushed open the doors of the shed, making a dramatic entry. The doors revealing a panic-stricken guy, probably in his late teens, tied to a chair, his arms and legs in shackles and mouth covered in tape as he looked at her in absolute horror.

She pulled a chair and placed it before him, sitting there with her legs crossed, left elbow placed on her legs and her head resting on its palm.

Her right hand reached towards his face, swiping away a piece of hair that fell on his eye.

She removed the tape in a swift motion causing him to let out a painful groan and lips to bleed.

"Auburn just let me go. I promise to keep quiet. I won't tell anyone just let me go please" he pleaded.

She just laughed at his vulnerable state, enjoying every moment of his misery.

"Oh poor little Justin. So eager to leave me now aren't you. We didn't even reach the fun part" she said with a fake pount instantly breaking into a fit of maniacal laugh.

"You'll pay for this bitch. I warned you. Once I fucking get Outta here your gonna regret this" he said with venom laced in his voice as he tried hard to break free.

Auburn grew more entertained by the minute. His threat failing miserably as she mockingly laughed at his pathetic attempt.

She took out a small yet sharp pocket knife. Her favourite weapon.

Justin's eyes widened with fear. He knew she was a cold bloodthirsty monster the moment she stepped in.

She was nowhere near the quiet, distant yet pretty girl that sat alone and kept away from others at school.

He always thought she was innocent and shy.

His eyes wondered back to the knife and her eyes, both looking like maniacs eager to kill.

"P-please. You don't have to do this. What do you want huh. Just tell me. Anything and I'll give it to you. Just let me go. I'm sorry okay. I didn't mean what I said. I just lost my mind. Don't hurt me. Please Auburn." He pleaded every word laced with fear and anxiety causing Auburn to feel quite upset.

"I thought this would be more fun but your a pussy. Seriously Justin, you let me down." She said with an exaggerated sigh.

"Don't worry I'll make it better. More fun. How does than sound" she asked like an excited puppy, twirling the knife between her fingers.

Justin looked at the knife in horror. Sensing nothing good is going to come in what she just said.

"Don't be scared. It's not gonna hurt. See" she said as she sliced the knife cutting through his right hand. His horrifying screams echoed through the empty shed.

His right hand hung loosely, barely intact and connected by a small thread like flesh. Blood filled the floor below and more sweeped in.

Justin cried in pain, grunting and screaming in utter agony.

Auburn took out her phone, scrolling through her gallery and opened a picture.

She stared at the person in the picture.

"Shh now if you don't wanna loose your other hand" she said irritated by his annoying screams .

Justin bit down his tongue, barely managing to supress his pain and screams.

She turned the picture towards his face.

"Now.now. Do you recognise this person" she asked in a sing song tune.

The lose of blood was starting to make him dizzy and the pain became unbearable.

"Please. I'm sorry. Why are you doing this to me" he asked weakly.

"Looks like your tongue is out of control. Answer my question and nothing else.One more useless word and I just might have to cut it off." She threatened.

His eyes widened in horror and his body shaked in fear with the little life it had left.

Now that is how you threaten, she thought.

"Do you recognise this person?" She asked teasingly, licking her lips.

He looked at the picture,his eyes widening in horror as Reality settled in.