three

"I am hurrying!" Camila laughed softly, digging through her clothes until she found her signature baby blue beanie. She smiled at herself in the mirror before tugging the soft material atop her head. "I am ready!" she called, hearing Lauren gathering her things in the other room.

Camila giggled when she jogged into the kitchen and found her girlfriend frustratingly shifting through the stacks of paper on their counter.

"The fucking keys," Lauren muttered, shaking her head and looking up. Camila couldn't help but laugh, pointing to the wall by the door.

"You hung that up last night," Camila reminded her. Lauren brought her palm to her forehead, hurrying over to the door and grabbing the keys off the small hanger she had installed near the door. Camila just laughed, quickly tugging on her shoes as she hopped down the front stairs after Lauren.

"Why are you so worried?" Camila asked once they were on the road. She noticed how Lauren was gripping the steering wheel so much that her knuckles were turning white. Reaching out, the small girl laid her hand on top of Lauren's. "Calm down. They already gave you the job."

Lauren sighed, knowing Camila was right. "I know," Lauren nodded, loosening her grip under her girlfriend's touch. "I just want to make sure I keep the job. I really like this position."

"You will," Camila hummed, retracting her hand and resting back into the seat. "They already love you. That is why they gave you the job. Duh." She giggled, crinkling her nose.

"I thought I would've gotten rid of Dinah once we moved out," Lauren teased, reaching over and taking Camila's hand. "Besides, I've got my good luck charm," she winked, making Camila laugh.

"Like the cereal," Camila nodded happily.

"That's Lucky Charms, goofball," Lauren laughed, nudging her girlfriend's side playfully. "Nice try, though."

"Shush," Camila muttered, feigning disappointment. Lauren simply stuck her tongue out at her girlfriend once they pulled into the small parking lot outside her offices.

"It'll only be like ten minutes, and then we can go," Lauren promised once they got inside, nodding towards the small waiting room down the hallway. Camila nodded, leaning forwards for a quick kiss before the couple went in opposite ways.

Camila sat down in one of the soft chairs, folding her legs beneath her and busying herself by aimlessly flipping through a magazine. Camila slowly dozed off, nearly falling asleep until she heard a frustrated groan from across the room.

The brunette lifted her head, watching as the small girl across the room balled up a piece of paper and tossed it into the trashcan. The girl then tore another paper out of her notebook and laid it out in front of her, tapping her pencil impatiently against the table.

"What are you doing?" Camila asked, tilting her head to the side slightly. The girl jumped when she heard Camila address her, quickly turning her head around and glancing questioningly at the other girl.

"I have to write a stupid essay," the girl huffed, rolling her eyes. "And I can't think of anything to write about," she mumbled, curling her fingers around her pencil and turning back to her paper.

Moments later, Camila was pulling her chair over beside the girl's, shyly glancing over at her paper. "I can help you," Camila offered quietly, earning a questioning look from the girl. She studied Camila's face, deciding that the other girl could be trusted.

"My teacher says I have to write about something I'm passionate about, but I don't even know what that means," the girl sighed, moving the blank paper between them.