Cheshire

This is gonna be a long one, children. The first part will be in Jonathan's POV again and will switch to 3rd person in the second and then Valencia's in the next chapter for the rest of the story unless I say so. Enjoy!

Also, as a trigger warning, in the second part there is some self loathing type things going on as well as a huge panic attack, so be careful.
-The Biggest Nerd

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

Part One

"...and you know how se old dentists vould test zeir anesthesia? Sey vould test it on zemselves, much like vat I'm going to do to you, but vis your Toxin." Valencia smiled happily.

I was pinned to the wall by her shadows, unable to reach my handheld Gamma Light on the corner of my desk near the walkie-talkie. I raised an eyebrow at her, I wish I could take my glasses off, her face was slightly blurry. "You think my Toxin will have an effect on me?"

"Vell, as a doctor, such as yourself, your motto is 'Discovery rekwires experimentation.' "

I furrowed my brow. "You're mistaken on that part. I didn't patent that phrase."

She sighed. "Regardless, it is still relevant." She waved her gas mask in front my my face, pausing to take a test tube of Toxin from my left breast pocket and fit it on the adaptor. She was smiling widely.

"Valencia, are you turning into the Joker? It's not very becoming of you." I said, attempting to stall.

"Shouldn't se last face you see before you spiral into Fearland be a friendly one?" She replied.

"Familiar more than friendly." I rolled my eyes.

She frowned deeply, her mouth twisting into a snarl. She was about to clamp the mask onto my face when her head tilted to her right due to a gun being pressed to her temple.

"Drop the mask."

My eyes followed the barrel to find the horribly half burnt face of Harvey Dent, snarling on both sides.

"Oll I have to do is move my finger and your head vill roll on se floor." Valencia replied monotonously, addressing Harvey.

"You don't have to hurt Jonny!" Jervis squeaked from behind my desk, hiding from Valencia.

"Yes, Jervis, I do." She paused. "He needs to suffer as I have."

"But the Fear Toxin didn't work on you. How did you suffer?" Harvey questioned, not moving the gun away from Valenica's head.

"Zere's a lovely sing called under-oxidization to se brain too many times and too many times being knocked unconscious. Oll because of se Herr Doktor." She gritted her teeth.

"Ah." Harvey waited for the words to come to him, I saw his mental gears turning. "I'm gonna ask you one last time," He cocked the gun, allowing Murray to take over. "Drop the mask, Valencia."

Valencia didn't move, maybe a slight advance of the mask towards my face, but nothing else.

Harvey flipped his coin with his free hand, made no facial indication to which side turned up. He stepped back and shot Valencia's left leg, causing her to turn and stumble slightly. Harvey shot again, hitting her in the right arm, and then once again, grazing her left side as she tumbled to the ground.

The shadows left me, causing me to fall to the floor on top of Valencia, she looked at me dead in the eye then passed out. Harvey kicked me off her, Jervis jumping over me and knelt next to Valencia, holding her close. He shouted at Harvey, "You've killed her! You've killed her! She could've been an amazing Alice...but you've killed her!" He pet her hair, starting to cry.