76: Beth

I open my front door to reveal Harry standing on my front porch with his hands in his back pockets, his green eyes stare into my hazel ones. He clears his throat.

"You wanted me to come over?" He breaks the silence. I nod and step aside so that he can walk inside, once he does I sigh and close the front door behind him. I turn around and gasp when Harry is inches away from me. His expression is neutral as he stares at me. I swallow.

"Um, do you want to eat anything, how about a drink?" I ask as I step around him and lead the way into the kitchen. I take a seat in one of the spinning island chairs, and Harry follows, taking a seat in the other across from me.

He shakes his head, "I'm fine." I nod and run a hand through my hair, this whole thing is making me anxious.

"Well, I'm starving so," I start and get down from my seat and walk over to the fridge where I randomly grab an orange, an orange, seriously? I walk back to my seat and smile at Harry, who narrows his eyes at me, suspiciously. I look away from his intense stare and start to peal my orange.

"Beth." Harry says, I stop staring at my orange and look up into his eyes.

"What?"

"Why did you tell me to come over?" Harry asks and rests his chin on his intertwined fingers. I scoff.

"I can't just ask my boyfriend to come over and spend time with me?" I ask trying to sound as if I didn't have a specific reason for him being here. I go back to pealing my orange, humming a random tune to drown out the weird tension.

"Well, if it's not important," Harry says and gets up from his seat, "then I guess we could do this some other time?" He starts to walk backwards facing me with a smirk on his face, I stare at him, speechless as he then turns around and continues walking. I panic.

"Harry wait!" I say just before he leaves the kitchen, he stops walking and turns around to face me, a smile on his face, he chuckles and walks back to where he was sitting across from me.

"I just, I want to talk."

"What do you want to talk about Beth?"

"Your parents." I blurt out, and his smile fades, he looks down at his hands that are folded on the island. I can feel him distancing himself. Does he not want to talk about their death?

"Why?" He asks, not rudely but with pure curiosity.

"Well, you've never told me, and I want to know. I mean, if that's okay with you." I say, I try to look into his eyes, but they just won't meet mine.

"It was a car accident, head on, they died instantly." I gasp quietly and place my hand gently over Harry's. I can't even imagine how hard it must've been for him.

"How old were you?" I ask him. He looks into my eyes.

"Fourteen."

"Harry, I," I start but I can't think of any thing to say that will make it better, "I'm so sorry." He nods and looks away once again, I wish he would look at me, I wish I could know what he's thinking right now, how he feels, how he deals with that every day.

"It's fine." He says. I shake my head, disagreeing with him.

"Harry it is not fine, you lost both of your parents, it's okay to talk to someone." I say, I try to hold his hand, but he pulls away, and looks down, all of a sudden I hear him sniffle, then the sound of him crying. I scramble out of my seat and go to stand in front of him, I grab his head and place it on my chest as I hold him, he hugs me back, I can feel his tears wetting my shirt.

"It's my fault," Harry says his voice is muffled by his crying, I grab each side of his face and gently make him look at me, his eyes are red, and so is his nose, he still won't look into my eyes.

"Harry." I say but he still doesn't and he continues to sniffle, trying to regain composure. "Harry look at me." He looks at me and I use my thumb to wipe away a stray tear. I never thought, almost five months ago that we would ever be in this position.

"It is my fault Beth," Harry says, "I couldn't save them! I was in the car, the only one to survive and I couldn't save them!" His voice raises and I can physically feel my heart break for him. I pull him closer and wrap my arms around him, right now he just needs someone, someone to talk to.

"Don't ever think that Harry," I say into his chest as we were now standing, "Things are meant to happen the way they happen, we can't change that, don't blame yourself Harry, please." I say, I can tell he's stopped crying now, his breathing is going back to normal.

"I miss them Beth." Harry says quietly, "I joke around and laugh and I smile everyday like I don't have this pain inside of me. It's hard to tell people, sometime I feel like I have no one to talk to about it."

I step back from his embrace and take his hands into mine, I look up into his eyes and he stares back.

"You have me," I say, I take his hand and I place it on my cheek, "I will always be here for you Harry."

"I love you." Harry says, his hand never leaves my cheek and he leans down to give me a kiss, it's filled with sadness, but it's also filled with promise, promise that he really means what he just said. When he breaks the kiss, he pulls me to him once more and wraps his arms around me, I do the same and for some reason I never really want to let go.

"I love you." I finally say back.

a/n Sorry if this sucked lol.

 Thanks so much for reading, it means so much to me!

This is literally the first fanfic I was ever really serious about, and I never knew it could get so many reads wow.

It's coming to an end and omg I am sad af.