•1• Mihir

Mihir POV

I woke up the moment I heard my phone ringing.
"Ugh kon call krt ahe it itkya ratri" I said in a frustrated and half asleep voice.
(Who the heck is calling me this late at night )

Only to find my mom video calling me. Now who can decline her call.
I kept it ringing while I went and washed my face, by chance I said anything I would be dead.

"Bro yevdya ratri tujhi kutchi girlfriend call krte ahe re? Kashya mulina date krtos tu"
Rudra shouted from outside.
( Bro which girlfriend of yours is calling u at this hour? What type of girls do u even date.)

Rudra is my bsf. We have been family friends since his dad and my dad r involved in business.
We both r singers and work together as a team.
Currently we r in NYC for our concerts.

"Mumma cha video call ahe decline kela tr shivya padtil mhnun vajat thevla ahe"
I said coming out of the washroom.
It wasn't even that late or early since it was 5 in the morning rn.
( Mumma is video calling me if I decline her call I'll prolly be dead once back in india)

"Acha okay now answer it before she scolds u"
Rudra said getting up.

I started to call my mumma and saw that my Vahini's family was also there and my call was connected on the TV.
Thank God I freshened up before answering.

That's when I realized that today was the day the engagement dates and decoration was going to be finalized. I almost forgot about it.

"Kay re did u wake up now?"

"Yes mumma ofc I did it's 5 am here. U wanted me to stay awake the entire time?" I said being a bit sarcastic and annoyed.

To say my mom is educated but at times she forgets the time differences.

"Aree sry beta chal chod see we all r here to finalize the dates. The date which we picked is 2 weeks from now."  She said in a pls say yes tone.

If anyone is the happiest that my older brother is getting happy is my mom since he has been more close to her growing up then my kaki.

"Yes mumma I remember"

That's when my kaki called out a girl named Mihika if I heard it right.
Everyone ignored me and were asking her if the date they selected was okay for her.

The moment she entered we held a 2 sec eye contact. But I couldn't see her face that clearly or rather say I couldn't see it at all due to her hairs. And it seemed like she was avoiding me for some reasons.

She said the dates were okay and then the attention shifted to me.
And ofc I said yes.

I know how important all this is to my brother and I would never do something that would hurt him.

"When will u be coming back to India dear?"
My kaka said in concern.

"I will be home this weekend kaka"