Chapter 13

Skyli's POV

It was obvious that his Aunt Clarissa didn't like me. And I don't know why I was trying so hard to get them to. It was a lost cause. I was just the girl that their nephew and cousin just happened to be raising a baby with. I sniffled as I leaned against the counter. My arms were crossed at my stomach and I found myself just staring at my, now, bare feet. I was in there alone for a moment before a light knock interrupted my thoughts. The door cracked open anyway without my reply and Wyatt walked in.

"Why is it that girls go to bathrooms when they want to cry?" he asked. I chuckled a little before I sniffled.

"A sense of privacy?" I shrugged. Wyatt pulled me into his chest and shushed me. He kissed my head before his chin rested on my head.

"She's just trying to get to you, you know?" he said softly.

"Well, it worked," I replied quietly. Wyatt pulled away to look at me. He bent slightly and pulled my chin up.

"Hey, the turkey was amazing, especially since you spent all day making it and seasoning it. And what she said about Gracie shouldn't even phase you because you know what you're doing. We've been taking care of Gracie for four months now by ourselves and we're doing alright. You're the best mom for that little girl downstairs and you know it. Who else would take in a random baby, take care of her for months and still treat her like their own? No one I know would do that except you," he said softly.

"And you," I added. He smiled lightly.

"Well I was dragged into it by a pretty girl on my doorstep out in the rain at an unGodly hour," he joked lightly. I laughed briefly before I sniffled.

"I just don't want to mess up," I admitted. He sighed before he picked me up and took me into the bedroom. He sat me dow on the bed before he sat next to me.

"I hate to break it to you, babe, but you're human. Messing up is kind of in our DNA coding," he said, opening his arms for me. I smiled sadly and crawled into his lap. He kissed my head before I rested it against his shoulder.

"Thanks, Wyatt," I whispered. He rocked me gently before muttering a 'you're welcome'. After a while, someone else knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" Wyatt asked.

"You guys aren't doing anything nasty in there, are you?" Davis asked from the other side. I chuckled into Wyatt's shoulder.

"Come in you jackass," Wyatt said. The door cracked open and Davis walked in with a hand covering his eyes. "You can look asshole," Wyatt said.

"Not unless Sky-bug isn't decent," he joked. I laughed and threw a pillow at him. He chuckled and uncovered his eyes. "There's that smile," he said. I rolled my eyes.

"I got her to smile a long time ago," Wyatt informed Davis, sticking out his tongue. "Is everyone still downstairs?" Wyatt asked Davis. I felt my smile drop.

"Well, you know, everyone still on the VIP list," Davis said. "Clarissa went home in Marbles' car. Marbles said she'd bring everyone in the van later. And Grace is getting along very well with Marbles," Davis said. I smiled lightly.

"That's good. Since everyone is having a blast, I'm going to take a nap... yeah, a nap sounds like a great idea to cushion the blow of this exhausting day," I said as I stood and stretched.

"Thanks Davis, now get out," Wyatt said. I moved over to the drawers and pulled out one of Wyatt's shirts. I didn't feel like digging for my pajamas in the closet.

"Wyatt, will you unzip this please?" I asked hesitantly. Even though I'd technically been more than babysitters with Wyatt for two months, living with him, and even sleeping in the same bed as him, he never saw skin that belonged to something other than my legs and arms. He unzipped the dress slowly before he kissed my shoulder blade. I hissed in a breath and turned towards Wyatt, holding my dress up.

"T-Thank you," I stuttered nervously before I took his shirt with me into the bathroom. I closed the door before I dropped the dress and stuck my arms and head through the oversized t-shirt. I threw my hair up in a ponytail before I walked back into the bedroom. I crawled into the bed and Wyatt covered me up.

"Get some rest, Sky," he said before he kissed my head and left.

Wyatt's POV

I walked back downstairs after tucking Skyli in for a nap and saw that My family was still there. My Aunt Marbles was playing with Grace. I smiled lightly and sat on the floor with them. I sighed and leaned back on my hands. My aunt smiled and looked at me.

"Skyli's a sweet girl. She's shy, but I can see that she really loves you," my aunt said. I smiled and nodded.

"She's everything I could've asked for and more. Sometimes I think I'm going to wake up to find that this was all just a dream," I said honestly.

"She seems really young. How old is she?" my aunt asked.

"18," I answered.

"She's so young. That's a fragile age to be dealing with all of this," she said. Davis sat with us and took a swig of his beer. I looked at it confused.

"Where did that come from?" I asked Davis.

"You know I always come with my own equipment. Plus, when you told me your Aunt Clarissa was coming, I packed extra. You want one?" he asked. I shook my head quickly.

"I'm definitely not doing that again in the house," I answered. Davis only chuckled.

"Oh right, you're girlfriend doesn't like it," Davis said, rolling his eyes.

"Why haven't you proposed yet? She lives with you, you two are raising a baby together for Christ's sake. It clear to see that you both are madly in love with each other. What's the hold up?" my aunt asked. I sighed and reconsidered that beer.

"It's complicated," was all I said.