What could go wrong?- Chapter 10

-Lexi's POV-

"Ready ladies?" Dick asked as we hovered about the museum in the bio-ship, which was in camoflauge mode.

"Yup." I answered, stepping out of the back room in a black, skin tight, full body cat suit and black boots similar to that of Batigrl's, along with my old fox mask.

"Same." M'gann said, transforming herself into an African American girl with long black hair and a suit like mine. She also added a mask. "The mask makes me feel cool." she laughed.

"Right?" I giggled.

"Let's just get this over with." Dick sighed, obviously stressed.

"Stop worrying Wonder Boy." He smiled when I used my old nickname. "What could go wrong?"

"Just go." He rolled his eyes. "Miss Martian, establish a telepathic link."

"Everyone online?" M'gann checked. We nodded in reply.

"Alright. Lex, you have the arrow that Red Arrow gave you?"

"Yeah. Just drop lower so I have a better shot."

He complied, lowering the bioship so that I had a clear shot. My goal was to hit the heat and motion censor controll box with the arrow that contained a virus that would put them on a continuous loop. M'gann opened a hatch I took the arrow and lined it up on the bow, taking a deep breath and then releasing, hitting my target perfectly.

"Is there anything you can't do?" Dick groaned.

"I can't knit or sew." I shrugged.

"Ready Fox?" Miss Martian asked, ready to jump out of the ship.

"Let's do it." I nodded, strapping my utility belt around my waist. I was about to stand next to M'gann when Dick grabbed my arm.

"Be safe." he pleaded, looking like he wanted more than anything to fly the bio-ship back to Gotham before I could jump out.

"I will." I smiled. He released his grip on me.

"Good luck, girls." he said as Miss Martian took my arm, put us in camoflague mode, and flew out of the ship.

She phased us through the roof and we landed near the front entrance. I have to keep a grip on you or I can't camoflague you. Alright?

Understood. We just need to get to the exhibit room, and then we can get out of here. Nightwing, do you have eyes? I asked Dick, referring to the small camera in my mask.

Yes. I can see what you see. He confirmed.

We flew through the halls, and past some Reach guards when I realized something.

Dick, do the Reach soldiers goggles have infa-red?

I'm not sure. Why? he asked as we heard the Reach soldiers shout for backup.

Because they've seen us. M'gann dropped me as we became surround by soldiers. Miss Martian, hold them off. I'll get the scarab. I ordered her, jumping over the soldiers and running towards the exhibit room.

As I suspected, the entire artifact wing of the museum was going on lockdown, and the metal door was lowering itself, which would shut me out. I pumped my legs faster, sliding under the door just as it slammed shut, closing me in. I stood up and bolted towards the room. The soldiers from yesterday stood at attention and aimed their weapons at me.

I ducked and dodged, using my bo-staff to fight them off, eventually leaving them knocked out on the floor. I entered the room, plugging my wrist computer into the container that held the scarab.

"Fox, Miss Martian has dropped the telepathic link. She is too busy fighting the guards off. They're overwhelming her. I've used your wrist computer to hack the security cameras from the inside. There's at least thirty guards headed your way. Get out of there." Dick said through the earpiece that we wore just in case.

"No can do Wonder Boy." I said, plugging my wrist computer into the containers lock pad.

"Fox, you have to get out. Miss Martain can't hold them off for long." He repeated, sounding strained.

"No, just tell her to stall. Give me some more time." My fingers flew across the key board, frantically trying to unlock the container. I could hear footsteps pounding, getting closer by the second.

"There is no more time! Get out! That's an order!"

"I CAN STILL DO THIS!" I yelled, using everything that I knew about computers to attempt to get this open. Nothing.

"FOX YOU NEED TO GET OUT." Dick shouted desperatly. I didn't comply. The footsteps were just around the corner. "LEXI, PLEASE!"

The door burst open and the soldiers filed in. I pulled my bo-staff and got ready to fight for my life, but I got swept up by something I couldn't see, and then I blacked out.

Four hours later

I woke up with soft, warm yellow lights shining through my eyelids. Slowly opening them, I found myself in a strangely familiar room. Looking around, I saw that it seemed to be Dick's old bedroom at Wayne Manor. Glancing to my right, I saw Dick sitting in the arm chair with his face in his hands, his head hung. I tried to speak, but only a small croak came out, followed by a pounding headache that crashed on me like a tidal wave. 

Dick must have heard me, because he looked up and let out a sigh of relief, practically bolting to my side, sitting on the side of the bed. "Thank God." He said,  wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into a bone crushing hug. When he pulled away, I thought that he was finished, but I was surprised when he crashed his lips to mine. I forgot all about the headache as my senses clouded over. My mind was a fuzzy mess and all that mattered was that he was kissing me. All I could feel were his velvet like lips caressing mine, considering that when I was away, they starved for his. Oh how I missed kissing him. Then he pulled away slightly.

He put his hands on either side of my face and put his forehead against mine, our noses touching. I was fighting to breathe normally as his eyes bore into mine. "Lexi." he whispered. "Never do that to me again." I gulped, about to answer him when the door opened, showing Alfred.

"Master Dick, I need her to get rest. You can see her in the morning." he said sternly.

"But-"

"No buts. Now go." Dick groaned, but knew better than to cross Alfred.

He leaned down and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "I'm sorry. I'll be back." he mumbled in my ear before turning and walking away. Was he apologizing for kissing me, or for leaving?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

guys COMMENT AND VOTTEE WAT DO U THINK!!