16 -Where are you going?

Cassy led Alex into her room without switching the light on and came to a stop at the foot of the bed. 

“I need you to just hold me tonight; can you do that for me?”  She asked in a soft voice.

The relief that flooded through him almost made his knees buckle.  He had been so afraid that she would want him to complete the mating and with him having to fight against his wolf for control over the body they shared; it would not have been a good thing.  Not good at all.  He knew that it had been a very real possibility that the wolf in him would have taken control, and the last thing he wanted, was for Cassy to be hurt.  And as much as he hated to admit it; that is exactly what would have happened tonight.  It would not be on purpose, heaven knows; but he was not sure he was as in control as he would like to be.  He needed to be one hundred percent sure that he would not hurt Cassy; and with the intense need his wolf had to claim his mate fully; there was a very real possibility that things might have gotten a little rough.  Their first time together should be better than that.

“That is a good idea Cassy, thanks.”  He allowed himself the luxury of pulling her in close for a hug, letting his hand tangle in her hair.  “I think I need to have a quick shower if you don’t mind.”

“Yeah sure,” Cassy said, untangling from his arms, “there are some of your clothes in the two top drawers.  And by the way, we are going to have to do some clothes shopping for you and your brothers.  I thought your kitchen cupboards were bare, but you guys have got nothing but the basics in your bedroom closets.  I am going to have some serious fun outfitting your brothers.”

He chuckled.  “Hope you don’t expect them to be as exited about that as you are.”
“No, I don’t; but I hope to make it worth their while.  So you are going to have to spill.  What do the boys like to do when they go to town?”

“They don’t go to town my dear.”

“They don’t … What do you mean they don’t go to town?”

Alex got something clean to wear as he looked at her.  “Nope, we get all our stuff delivered by the store.  Most of the pack members are in town now, so it was very uncomfortable when we went into town, so I just organized with Sam.  He makes sure we get what we order, but that is about it.”

“Well, I am going to see what I can do about that.  Go take your shower, I will think about this some more.”

Cassy heard the water in the shower turn on as she wondered about what Alex had said.  Were the absent pack members snubbing them?  Or was it something more than that?  She got undressed to change for bed, her normal attire will not do for tonight.  Cassy was still thinking when she heard the water stop and hurried to grab an oversized t-shirt and pull it over her head.  When he said quick shower, he really ment quick.  Moving to the huge glass wall, she stretched to pull the curtains closed.

In the bathroom door Alex froze.  Cassy had reached up to get hold of the top part of the curtains and the t-shirt she had changed into was exposing every inch of her magnificent long legs, as well as a glimpse of her very sexy ass. 

As she turned around, he quickly faced towards the other side of the room; he did not want her seeing the lust in his eyes.

Cassy moved towards the bed and started folding off a heavy comforter, Alex hurried to give her a hand, folding it down neatly and putting it onto the chair standing near the foot of the bed.  She pulled the sheet down and got into bed; Alex following her example after a short hesitation.

They both lay in bed stiffly until Alex moved towards her and pulled her closer to him, tucking her head under his chin.  “Go to sleep now Cassy, tomorrow will be here soon enough to solve the whole worlds problems.”