8: 55 a.m

"Hello-"

"Hello-"

"Really, Eva?"

"Well, I thought it was another teen with problems! Jeez, Mr Fanceh, way to make it all about you."

"As if any other customers ever call here."

"Yeah. My boss is starting to wonder if we're dating or something. Hilarious, right?"

"Um...yeah. Anyway, I finally finished the Harry Potter books."

"And?"

"OH MY GOD."

"I know right?"

"I can't believe it's over...I have nothing to live for."

"No, don't say that! Like J.K Rowling says: "Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home."

"I'm not going to be okay if you go on like that. What do I do?"

"Read all over again. Watch the movies. Watch AVPM. Relive the fantasy. It'll always be with you."

"You know what, Eva? Thanks."

"For what?"

"This. Making me read this series and um...listening to me. You helped. A lot."

"No problem!"

"Yeah."

"Mm."

"Yeah."

"Okay, this is getting way too serious! We need to talk about something funny!"

"Well, I've not been too suicidal lately...but then, I've been reading and writing a whole lot more recently...distracting myself..."

"That's good. So what triggered it?"

"The suicidal thoughts?"

"Yeah, what else? I'm a teen helpline operator...my job is to help, duh. Doofus."

"Moron."

"Mr Fanceh." 

"We're getting nowhere."

"Okay, okay! Now carry on."

"Well, I guess it started because...I don't know. I used to be...a jock. Like the captain of the football team. Best girlfriend. And then...she died."

"Who?"

"My girlfriend."

"Oh my god."

"Yeah."

"Jesus."

"Actually, it's just me but I've been told the resemblance is uncanny..."

"I was feeling sorry for you."

"Don't. People have been telling me they're feeling sorry about it for the past year."

"How did it happen? If you don't mind me asking."

"Car crash."

"Oh God." 

"Yeah. And when she's gone, everything's just empty. And yeah, I'm captain of the football team and I'm popular. I get it but what's the point of it all? What's the point of being captain of the football team when the status only matter in high school, a point of life that only last four years? What is the point of everything? And then, I quit the football team. The other guys hated me for that. They tried to force me back onto the team because, without me, they sucked. No offence. And then, everything around me became bleak and monochromatic, pointless almost. That's when I called you and..."

"Magic happened." 

"Yeah. You listened. You helped. I defeated my demons with Harry Potter. And you. Kinda." 

"Well, I'll always be there to listen."

"Always?"

"Always." 

-

awwwwww. don't tell me you guys didn't feel the feels. enjoy. xx :) vote, comment and love. :) remember to check out some of my other works like saint pablo (which is kinda dark whoops) and operation ground zero! <3