Chapter 54

I tried my best to sound as nice as possible and hide the fact that I was irritated with what he said. My eyes moved to his hands as he moved them, grabbing the edge of the pool and making himself sit straighter. He licked his lips, remaining eye contact with me, and sighed audibly.

"He's not special. Everyone thinks he's so great but he's not that great," He shrugged his shoulders and even though I have known this guy for 5 minutes, I knew he was not telling me everything. Maybe it's because he's a bad actor or because he sucks at lying.

I shrugged my shoulders just like he did; ignoring the fact that he was not telling me something. Because let's be real, he wouldn't have one single reason to tell me. We're strangers.

"Sorry I haven't caught your name." He told me after a few seconds of silence passed, a small smile playing on his lips. I cleared my throat and sat in a different way.

"I'm Brittany. And you are..." I trailed off, waiting for him to finish my sentence.

"Spencer."

"Spencer." I repeated for myself. "Nice to meet you, Spencer." I said kindly and he flashed me a smile in return.

"Why are you at this party? I mean, how do you know Harry?" he asked my, swinging his feet back and forth in the water. I scrunched my nose up and thought about how to reply.

"I know Harry really well." The corner of my lips tugged up to a smile where no teeth were shown. "And I have to say I do not agree with anything you said about him, he is in fact amazing and I do see why everyone thinks he's so special. It's because he is."

Spencer looked at me and I could tell in his features that he didn't really know what to reply. His mouth was hanging slightly open, ready to say something, and his eyebrows were furrowed in a confused way.

"Why do you think he's so amazing?" His tone held annoyance and so did his eyes whilst he looked into mine.

I cleared my throat and prepped myself up, getting ready to explain why he is so amazing. "Basically, everything about him is great." I shrugged my shoulder, "He's just an amazing human being, and so humble, understanding, loving, passionate, nice, respectful... he's literally everything a person could be, in a positive way obviously. And I do get why so many people think he's so amazing and also why so many girls swoon over him because what's not to love about him? Besides his amazing personality and amazing humour he's got quite a nice appealing to. Not that that's important because looks don't really matter but it's still nice for the eyes.

His eyes have the most beautiful colour I've ever seen and his curls are just so soft and I wish I could run my fingers through his hair all the time. His smile is one of my favourite features of his, along with his dimples, because he can light up my whole day by just smiling." I trailed off, smiling to myself and basically looking at nothing.

Spencer scoffed, causing me to turn my head. "I don't see why you don't like him." I said.

"Because I just don't." he answered, "I don't like him and he gets girls like you to swoon over him. If you like him so much then just go date him." He rolled his eyes and crossed my arms, pissed off.

"You know, I already am dating him." I smiled at him and lifted myself up from the floor, standing on my feet again.

I headed inside, the suffocating air hitting me. I tried to ignore it and focused on searching for Harry instead. I didn't want to make him go home yet but I just wanted to be with him, might sound clingy I know but I barley knew anyone and didn't really feel comfortable at this party.