Chapter Thirty

"SERIOUSLY EMILY?" Kate's blue eyes sent daggers my way as my stupid best-friend was still laughing his ass about the whole thing.

You are so paying for this, Scott. You just wait.

"Oh, for God's sake! Loosen up, Kate!"

She scowled at me as she grabbed the bowl of cereal and dropped it with most of its contents on the sink. Then she turned to me and with both hands on her hips, she muttered, "you better clean the kitchen AND living room today, Em!"

I rolled my eyes as I moved my hand in a shooing motion. She stormed out of the room still fuming.

"That was so funny! Her face while she was grabbing the spoon was epic!" My lips twitched at Hugh's breathless comments.

I had to admit it.

It was fun.

After he finally sobbed down, Hugh grabbed a mug and helped himself to some coffee, "I like him..."

"You may have mentioned it a few times yesterday" I smiled to myself as I took a sip of my own steamy cup.

"I'm glad you called him" Hugh took a seat by me, "I mean, it's kind of mental that he came back at three am..." he shook his head, "he really cares about you, you know?"

I sighed, "I do..."

And as much as I've tried not to...I care about him, too...

Like scary too...

After a few seconds in silence, I turned to watch him in his grey pants and black shirt outfit, "Don't leave, Hugh...I miss you like crazy!" I pouted at him.

He snorted, "you've been too occupied to actually miss me, missy!"

Rolling my eyes, I shoved him playfully with my shoulder,"you know what I mean!"

Hugh shrugged, "well, who knows? I'd be closer to Chris...at least we would be in the same continent..." he muttered somewhat annoyed.

Smiling, I passed an arm on his shoulders, "that's the spirit, mate!"

We both burst out laughing. After a few seconds, Hugh added, "Man...if you are going to be so happy every morning, then, by all means, call your prince for a late shag every night!"

Blushing like crazy, I slapped him on the back of his head, "moron" I muttered while I stood up with the empty mug on my right hand. I left it on the sink and pretty much ran up the stairs to take a bath and get ready for work as my alleged friend laughed his ass off.

"You still love me!" Hugh shouted from the kitchen as I climbed up the stairs.

Snorting, I shouted back, "Barely!" But the smile on my face wouldn't disappear at all.

The rest of the morning passed in a blur. I got to work with Lady whatever and tried to get my opinion heard once or twice but all she did was nod to me and faked a smile at me. I was actually getting pissed at the whole thing.

The fact that I hadn't got much sleep over the whole weekend was getting on my nerves. Also the tiny elephant on the room where my father was concerned...

The cherry on the icing had to be the fact that I was still freaking out about what things would change between us. I wanted to be with Scott, whatever that implied, but I wanted to go slow...like no public appearances and sort...it was just a bit too much to handle at the moment.

But I wasn't sure what actually being with him implied...and it was really scary...so scary that I dropped the thought at the bottom of my mind and occupied myself during work to not think about that.