04 - PDA

PICTURE OF SEAN IN THE SIDEBAR

___________________________________________________

            I looked at myself in my mirror and sighed. My red hair was in soft waves down my back and I had on a dress. It is the first day of school and I was really nervous. Why? This means that the charade with Jace gets even harder.

            I talked to Cara a lot. She gave me tips on how to act and what to wear. I heard a horn outside my window and saw Jace’s car. I grabbed my bag, said goodbye to Dillon who was always running late, then climbed into his car.

            “Hey… babe.” He laughed and I rolled my eyes.

            “Let’s get our game faces on.” I said and we both looked at each other with fierce expression. “Good one.”

            We drove the ten-minute car ride to our school in silence. We pulled into the parking lot then got out hesitantly.

            “Ready?” He whispered as his hand intertwined with mine.

            I gulped, “No.”

            Jace chuckled quietly, “Too bad.”

            We set on foot into the school and it was like everyone’s eyes were on us now. Conversations stopped, everyone froze.

            “Holy crap…” I muttered as I looked around hesitantly.

            He smirked down at me, “This is what I figured. I mean come on… a girl getting cheated on then going out with her brother’s best friend who’s insanely hot? That doesn’t happen everyday.” He joked.

            A locker being shut violently echoed through the quiet hall. I looked up to see Sean glaring at us.

            “Oh hey Sean! How’s it going?” I almost laughed when I said this to him. “Have a good day at school!” I continued walking hand-in-hand with my ‘boyfriend’ to my homeroom that I had with the ex.

            We took a few steps inside to see Lauren, a couple other friends, and some of Jace’s staring at us.

            “Bye Pey,” Jace said and lightly pecked my lips. His friends hooted while mine giggled. I watched him leave to see a furious Sean storm in. No doubt did he see our PDA.

            I walked over to my friends with a smile, “Hey.”

            “Oh my… it’s actually true!” My friend, Molly said. Her strawberry-blonde hair was in a low ponytail and she has a smile on her face.

            “What?” I raised an eyebrow.

            “You’re with the oh-so hot, Jace Harley!” Her eyes widened and I laughed.

            I pulled a strand of red hair behind my ear and made myself comfortable in the horrible desk chairs. “Oh… yeah. That’s as true as could be.” I felt myself turn a light pink and I averted my gaze. Come on Peyton! Learn how to lie… you’re living one right now!

            Lauren raised an eyebrow and pushed her blonde bangs out of her face. “I knew it… you guys are so cute!” She said happily as I noticed Sean take the seat farthest from us. “Oh snap, that’s hilarious.” She was looking at the cheater as well.

            I shrugged, “That’s what he gets. I’m happy with Jace.” I said the last part loudly and sure enough, Sean’s head shot up and looked in our direction. I smirked and turned back to my friends.