1.2

"It's way too cold for this shit," Louis grumbled as he zipped up his jacket.

"They keep the pools heated, Lou. Besides, you don't have to get in it- I do. I haven't been in the pool since tryouts," Harry spoke, breathing out a sigh.

Louis smiled shyly, lacing his fingers with Harry's as a group of girls walked by them.

"I'm glad you made the team."

"So am I, honestly. Swimming is a big part of my life," Harry admitted, guiding them into the school's pool room. It was a large brick building that help two pools. One for laps and one for practice.

"Are you just gonna sit on the bleachers?" Harry asked as he flicked on the lights. Louis shrugged and nodded, watching as Harry took his gym bag into the locker room

Harry came out five minutes later in black trunks. His hat was still on his head, but he wasn't going to do any real swimming today. He just wanted to be in the water.

Harry slipped into the pool, sighing in relief and closing his eyes.

"Is it nice?" Louis asked, stepping slowly towards the pool. Harry nodded, so Louis pulled off his TOMs, rolled up his white jeans, and sat down on the edge of the pool, kicking gently at the water with his feet.

Harry swam over, propping arms on either side of Louis's thick thighs, smiling cheekily up at him.

"Wanna get in?"

"Don't be cliché about this, Styles. Don't pull me in the fucking water."

Harry chuckled, reaching up to push Louis's glasses up his nose, rolling his emerald eyes.

"I wouldn't have to if you just got in."

"I don't want to."

Harry grumbled, shaking his head. "I already got your jeans wet."

"I have clothes in my bag. Remember, I stayed at Niall's last night."

Harry shrugged, smirked as he grabbed Louis's ankles. "So, you have spare clothes?"

"Harry! Don't fucking do it! I swear on everything-"

Harry yanked Louis's ankles playfully, but didn't actually pull him in.

"M'teasing you, babe, calm down," Harry said with a loud laugh. "So, you know your friend Roni?"

Louis hummed, watching as Harry ran a thumb over Louis's painted toenails.

"Well, what's her deal? Is she single? The hard-to-get type?"

Louis gasped, smacking Harry's shoulder. "You can't fuck her, Harry!"

Harry was laughing again. He pulled off his hat and put it on Louis's head before diving backwards into the water.

The two spent an hour there as Harry swam around, but it was getting late. Harry went and changed and Louis put on some sweats that he had in his bag before the two boys were heading out into the chilly November air.

"I can't wait to start swimming again," Harry said as they headed to Harry's car. Louis had rode with Niall that morning, so Harry was going to take Louis home now.

"I bet you are. I'm excited for footie season. I'd love to watch you play. I'm a little excited, too... I'm to hefty to actually play. Besides, spring is musical season."

"Speaking of," Harry said as he opened Louis's door, "Are you ready for Aladdin?"

"I am, actually. Just a month and a half left. I'm more excited to hear what musical we're doing," Louis said with a glint in his eyes, beginning to ramble as they drove to Louis's house.