Chapter 16

Anaya was peacefully sleeping when she heard a familiar voice gently rouse her, "Api, uthiya, dinner ka time ho gaya hai, Dadajaan datenge apko bhi aur hum a."

Opening her eyes, Anaya saw Aqsa calling her.

"Kya hua ?" Anaya asked, feeling a bit grumpy that her sleep was interrupted.

Aqsa, standing with her hand on her waist, said with a hint of urgency, "Api, apne time dekha? Dinner ka waqt ho jara hai," before quickly glancing at the bedside clock.

Aqsa then covered her mouth dramatically, "Yeh Allah, 8.58 hogaya, mein chalti hoon."

Anaya reached out and gently held Aqsa's hand, urging her to stay, "Ruk jaa, hum saath mein dinner karenge."

But Aqsa pulled her hand away, "Api, 9 baje dinner ka time hai, aur aapne abhi tak kapre mein change nahi kiya hai."

Then Aqsa added apologetically, "Sorry, wait nahi kar sakti."

Anaya got up from the bed and faced Aqsa, a angry smile on her lips, "Zindagi pe time se kab se tu dinner karne gayi hai?"

Aqsa grinned back, "Aap se jaungi. Kyuki Hitler k good books mein jo aana hai mujhe, jo unke good books mein hai unse woh puch ke nikkha dete hain, aur jo nahi hai unse puchte nahi hai, so you get it nah."

Anaya, although surprised by her Aqsa's response, couldn't help but chuckle, "Jab mein tere liye wait karti thi, uska kya, ehsaan faramosh?"

"Dekhiya, Appi, maine bhi aapke liye bahut wait kiya hai," Aqsa retorted l, "Accha, mein chalti hoon, bohot der hojayegi."

Aqsa left the room, leaving Anaya alone with her thoughts. Anaya couldn't shake off the peculiar behavior she had witnessed. "Iss ladki ko kya hogaya? Kal toh thik thi,"

she mused to herself. Sitting back on the bed, she pondered further, "Actually, sab ko kya hogaya? Azaan ko kya hogaya, Zayn ko kya hogaya, specially mujhe kya hogaya?"

She pinched herself lightly, just to confirm that everything was real. As she felt the slight sting, she reassured herself, "Sab kuch toh thik hai, real hai."

"Accha choro yeh sab chaldi se niche jaati hoon nahi toh Dadajaan taana marke meri jaan lelenge aur issbar Azhaar bhai bhi nahi aur Aqsa ne bhi dhoka de diya hein" Anaya said to herself and went to the washroom to change & freshen up.

After 10 minutes , Anaya descended the stairs, she observed Dadajaan engrossed in conversation with men of the house ,discussing business matters. She anticipated Dadajaan's disapproving glance in her direction, preparing herself for the impending scolding. However, to her surprise, Dadajaan paused mid-conversation, his attention shifting to her as she entered the room. Every family member was afraid that she would get scolded.

Anaya froze in place, expecting Dadajaan to reprimand her for being late. Yet, instead of scolding her, Dadajaan's expression was neutral. Anaya hesitated, uncertain of how to react to Dadajaan's unexpected change in demeanor. Sensing her hesitation, Dadajaan's tone was surprisingly gentle as he inquired, "Kya hua? Khana nahi khana?"

Anaya was taken aback by the sudden shift in focus, her confusion evident as she met Dadajaan's gaze. Feeling a mix of relief and disbelief, she tentatively asked, "Mein beth jao?" Dadajaan responded with a teasing tone, "Khana khanage ke liya bethna par tha hein nh toh phir bethiya," before returning his attention to the ongoing discussion with Azaan and Ayaan. Everyone was shocked that Dadajaan didn't scold her.

Ayaat asked her softly, "itni der se kyu aayi ho? Sabka toh khana khatam ho jayega."

Anaya replied while putting the food on her plate, "Office se aayi thi, thak gayi thi toh late ho gayi thi."