Chapter 42

"Kluea."

Plawan spoke out loud more to himself than to other person. His hands, which were holding the tray containing the dishes, were wet with a little sweat. He suddenly felt uncomfortable for no reason. How long has Kluea been here? How long was this door left open? And what does the person in front of him already know?

"Come on, let me help you carry it."

Kluea reached out and took the tray easily and Plawan did not dare refuse. The other man turned around and walked down the stairs, so he could only follow him silently. He didn't know what would happen, but he couldn't just leave everything hanging and go back to sleep as if nothing had happened.

Plawan was the one who opened the kitchen door. The two of them walked into the downstairs kitchen where they worked every day. There's no one there. In fact, there were almost no people left in the restaurant. The contestants who had just been eliminated from the competition had all moved out. Now the entire building was left with just him, Kluea, Aob Uea, and James.

Kluea went to the sink and started washing the dishes. The young man felt awkward. Kluea was silent, engrossed in water, dishwashing liquid, and some plates and cutlery. Plawan felt uncomfortable. He didn't like this at all. He decided to stand next to him, put his hands in the water to get them wet, and said he would help with the washing too.

"I just found out that you are very close to Chef Aob."

Kluea said, still looking down and washing dishes as if there were a lot of them. In fact, they are so clean they couldn't be any cleaner. But Kluea still wouldn't lift his head.

"I also just realized it today."

He answered with a dry chuckle. Kluea turned towards him for a moment before shaking his head from side to side as if in disgust. A small smile appeared on his lips, although it wasn't his usual wide smile.

"You just noticed? I've never seen a Chef this kind before."

Well, I also just saw it with you. But what do you want me to say, Kluea? I'm not in a position to say anything, am I? I've only ever seen Chef Aob like this recently.

"So what did you come upstairs for?" This sentence translates as: Do you know something between me and Chef?

"I went up on purpose to take a peek."

Well... that's too honest, dammit. He thought jokingly, but he couldn't laugh. He took a deep breath as guilt welled up inside him.

"I've been watching you go up for a long time, I was afraid you had a problem with Chef or something. Maybe there's something I can help you with."

The young model lowered his head and picked up a clean plate and washed it repeatedly. It was as if the more he washed, the more he would find some kind of answer, something waiting, even though he knew there was nothing.

"But I didn't think the opposite would happen."

And the atmosphere returned to silence. There was only the sound of water flowing continuously, like the feeling of two people flowing and circling, finding no way out. The three plates were so clean that they couldn't be cleaned any more, but the two of them continued to wash them over and over again.

"Is chef flirting with you?"

Kluea asked casually while washing the forks for the umpteenth time. Plawan was silent, not because he didn't want to answer, but because he didn't know the answer either.

"I don't know."

This is the truth. Until now, he still didn't know what the chef wanted to do with him. He didn't deny that he and Chef Aob kissed, but a kiss is just a kiss. It doesn't mean anything anymore. He kisses strangers all the time. That doesn't mean he's flirting with anyone or that anyone is flirting with him. Just a kiss, that's all.