chapter 35✿

"W-what are you doing here?" I ask in shock.

It felt surreal. As soon as I was beginning to get used to the idea of him not being here, here he is.

"Ya is Cora here?" He steps inside, completely ignoring me.

"Michael." I pull his arm back.

"What?" He snaps and rips his arm from my grip.

"I haven't seen you in almost a month, and you have nothing to say to me?" I ask.

"What's there to say? I think we both said enough back in Sydney."

"I noticed you blocked me on almost everything." I say, looking at the floor.

"Yeah and I noticed you went behind my back to fuck my best friend. Guess we're both good at picking up on things." He retorts as he walks away.

I stand there shocked. What had gotten into him? Even being in Melbourne for less than a month has changed him.

I run upstairs and go straight into the guest room Luke is in.

"Luke." I whisper as I shake his shoulder.

"Hmm." He groans.

"Wake up!"

"5 more minutes."

"Michael's here." I say.

That really wakes him up. His eyes shoot open and he sits up.

"What?" He asks in disbelief.

"He's here. Downstairs."

"Why is he here?" He questions.

I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know, he barely said two words to me."

"Well let's go find out then." Luke says as he stands up and puts his black skinny jeans and nirvana shirt on.

"Uhm, I don't think that's the best idea." I say as I grab Luke's hand to stop him.

I don't think it would be too wise for us to go downstairs together when Michael just got here. It'll just make him leave again.

Then it hit me. The perfect way to get him to move back to Sydney.

"Let's break up!" I exclaim.

"Wha-why? What did I do? We were fine a few secon-" Luke begins to panic.

"No no I mean, let's fake break up. Just for now. That way Michael will move back to Sydney. We'll just act like we're not together when he's around." I explain.

"May," he groans, "I'm sick of hiding. We hid this for too long. I want everyone to know you're mine." He says.

"I know it's a stretch, but if there's anything possible to be done to get my brother back here, i'll do it. And it's not for forever. It's just until I can find a way to make Michael accept us being together."

He comes closer to me and wraps his arms around my waist. "You're lucky I love you."

"So you'll do it?" My face lights up.

He nods.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" I say as I smash my lips onto his.

"Woah easy lady, I just broke up with my girlfriend." He teases.

I swat his chest as he laughs.

"So how is this whole thing going to go down?" He asks.

I think for a moment. "I'm going to go back downstairs and make Michael go back to my mom's house with me. I can't bring him back to your house if he thinks we broke up, so my mom's will have to do for now. I'll tell him we broke up because it wasn't working out, but we're still friends. That way we can all still hang out together. I'll tell him I've been staying at Cora's house and that's why I answered the door. And―" I stop to catch my breath.