Begin

"Ready?" Cole asked through his communicator, he and Jay were hiding behind different areas of the place. "Plan has begun." Cirus responded through the communicator. The roar of the engine came to life, Cole could not see it, but he could hear it. He saw the bright yellow glare of shining lights before a loud drilling sound, it was loud, too loud. But slowly, it got softer and softer. Cole stayed where he was, he could hardly crouch down and his legs were aching. "Report Zane." He whispered. "I'm almost there. A few more meters and I hit the wall. Get ready." Zane said. "Affirmative." Cole replied.

A few minutes passed before Zane began to count down, "Colliding in 10...9...8.." Cole prepared his shurikens quickly. "7...6...5..." They held their breaths without knowing it, heart pumping wildly, the three of them, Cole, Jay and Nya, running the plan over in their head. "4...3...2..." And squeezing their eyes shut, they took a deep breath. "1." And a loud sickening sound was heard. "Objective completed." P.I.X.A.L reported.

No time to respond, no time to speak. No breath to speak. They move, they turn their heads. Little noise is made, their heart pumping wildly. Cole peered through the bush at the entrance to the bender's lair. He saw a shadow roll past him and to another spot. He turned his head to the side and saw the shadow of Nya in her Samurai X suit. She was holding up her S-shaped boomerang and was crouching down. Her eyes knitted in sheer concentration. Cole taking a deep breath spoke through to the communicator, "Do not move past the 2nd layer of cover we have." He whispered. Nya and Jay answered with an "Affirmative."

They waited. It felt forever and Cole's legs were aching badly, but he continued to stay put. He continued to hide behind that bush. Because the whole mission, his team mates, depended on it. Nya had not moved since, crouched down and gripping her S-shaped shurikens tightly still. Cole breathed in and out heavily, he turned to Nya and gave the signal to move foward one more row. Nya nodded and still gripping her shuriken, crawled foward quietly while still crouched down, her movements slow yet confident. Not a single sound, not even the sound of grass brushing against her feet could be heard.

She reached a bush and rolled towards it. Now, she was in front of Cole by a few meters. The closest to the lair's opening. "Jay report." Cole whispered. Jay, being at the other side of the garden was still hiding behind the shed. "All quiet. Nothing and no one has come at all." Cole furrowed his eyebrows, what if they didn't fall for it? "Zane report." Cole asked. "I've not had anyone come to the driller since I crashed." His voice was quivering, in not just fear, but worry. Cole's heart thumped widly, Nya, having heard the conversation over the communicator whipped her head around at Cole with shock. Cole gulped, what was he to do now?

"Alright team. We take the fight to them." He said as steadily as he could. "No!" Gasped Cirus, "They know you're in there, I'm picking up 6 energy surges of life forms in their lair. They're trying to lure you in!" Cole was about to open his mouth to respond, "Hold your position." P.I.X.A.L said calmly, "Cirus is correct." Cole clamped his jaw shut and repeat the order, "Hold your position."

An hour passed before Cole heard shrill screaming coming from the hole that Zane had dug up with the driller. He almost jumped, his eyes widened and using his crutches, he stealthily hobbled across the garden to the shed. "Dude!" Jay whisper shouted at Cole when he saw him take cover in the same place as him. Cole put his finger over his mouth, "My hiding spot was visible to the hole!" He whisper shouted back. Jay clamped his mouth shut and nodded. Nya too, had rolled away from her hiding spot and appeared at the bush next to them. She was panting. "I think I was spotted," she heaved through the communicator. Cole's heart skipped a beat, "How?" He asked. "A ball of metal was whirled at my leg. It barely missed me by an inch." Jay shuddered beside him. "If Nya's spotted, what do we do now?" He asked. Cole looked around him, it was a few meters away to Zane's monument. They would have to cross the empty cover-less road too. "Pretend that there's only one of us here." He spoke through the speaker. "Affirmative." Nya replied. She waved at them to make themselves invisible, and sure they did. Slowly and quickly, Cole dropped to the ground and dragged himself across the field, creating a noise. However many of them there were, he wanted them to be fooled by all this noise. Nya peered behind the bush, sure enough there was the silhouette of a person there. Jay, stayed where he was, he pulled out his shurikens from his bag and got ready. The person was walking towards where Cole was. He held his breath as he continued to drag his body across the field. He was not visible, but he could definitely be heard. He finally stopped behind a bush and Jay threw a shuriken towards the bender. The bender stopped walking towards Cole and turned her head to the shed. Cole held his breath and squeezed his eyes shut. Jay plastered his wheelchair against the shed with fear, he did not move nor breathe. As the shuffling of grass got louder and louder every second. Jay took a deep breath, got ready and just when Lucy was turning the corner to the shed, Jay reached foward, his had buzzing with lightning and punched her. She fell to the ground screaming, the electric shock making her writhe. Nya jumped on her and punched her until she fell unconscious. Nya dragged Lucy to the bush and tied her mouth, hands and legs together. She gave Cole the thumbs up sign and he nodded. "We got the metal one." He reported to Cirus. "Affirmative." Things were going right. Suddenly, Cole felt an airy grip on his neck. He was lifted into the air and shook violently, "Jay!" He coughed. Jay turned around and shot an electric ball at someone, he wasn't sure who. His eyes were watering and his face was turning red. The grip on him was released and he fell to the ground with a thud. He shouted in pain as his legs contacted with the ground, aching and hurting much more than usual. He clutched his right shin and saw Nya running past him, his eyes watered. What was going on?

Nya's heart skipped a beat seeing Cole
on the ground in pain, she sprung to her legs and ran towards the squirming bender on the floor, he was slowly getting back on his feet. She pulled out her shuriken and flung it at his head. The bender was struck and fell into the ground. He lifted his head and stared his cold red eyes at her in hatred. He flung his hand towards her, she rolled right, a gush of wind sweeping past her. Lying on the ground, he ,tried to get to his feet. Nya was advancing towards him fast, jumping, she aimed a kick at him. He rolled away in the nick of time, shooting another gust of wind at her, this time, Nya bent backwards barely missing his shot to the head. She kicked him and grabbed him, flinging him against the tree. She was about to strike again when a lightning ball flew right past her and stuck the bender.

Nya waited until the bender had had stopped withering on the floor before tying him up. "Two down. The metal and air one." She reported. "Affirmative?" She whispered. She glanced at Jay on his crutches pressing his hands on his communicator. He looked up with her and his eyes were sparkling with fear. "Affirmative?" Cole asked. Nya did not have a clear vision on him in the darkness but he too was pressing his communicator and desperately calling for an affirmation. Nya dragged the two benders towards Borg tower and lifted them up at the camera. "Affirmative." Cirus replied. She sighed in relief knowing that nothing had happened, "Sorry. Our communication system is starting to fail. Continue to carry out the mission if we ever lose contact." The three of them replied with the usual- affirmative and continued to phase 2.