Chapter 12

Alien Flower and I climbed down from Penny and we made our way inside, with KC behind us.
"Lets get some rest," Kc said, and then everyone starts to get comfortable inside the van.
Citrus was laying down on the top bunk in the back of the van and Chomp was on the bottom bunk. Pea and KC sat in the front, the only two who refused to go to sleep while Alien Flower, Rose and I sat at the circular table in silence.
I was certainly falling asleep, while Alien Flower and Rose were whispering to each other.
Then I fell asleep.
Soon I woke up, but I was outside of Penny, and everyone was inside the van. We weren't in the past anymore, we were in the future.
But everything was taken over by zombies and everything was mechanical.
"Hey guys," I called. And they were all looking outside of penny ready to shoot the oncoming zombies.
How did I even get outside? None of them even seem to be worried about me. I got up from the floor and made my way to Penny. Thats when bullets were flying, and I kept getting hit in the back and my petals were flying off. But none of my friends cared.
Until Chomp burrowed into the ground then he came out and picked me up.
"They're here," he carried me back to Penny, but he was getting shot at too.
I healed him but it wasn't enough.
Before he collapsed, he threw me into the air towards everyone else and they caught me.
"No!" I screamed, while Chomp dies.
"Get her back inside!" Pea shouted. Then Alien Flower get back inside of Penny while the other shoot.
"Whats going on?" I ask, while Alien Flower straps me in.
"Zomboss and the other zombies built a teleporter and now they're here."
But Chomp...
I started crying, while Alien Flower started up Penny. Then we were driving down the road, and running over zombies while a big airship dropped zombies from the sky.
But then everything went black when Alien Flower crashed the van into a wall.

I woke up again.
But my head was resting on the table where I had fallen asleep last night.
My heart picked back up, when ibsaw Chomp outside the window.
Everything was alright, and thankfully ibwas just dreaming.
It was empty inside Penny, ibwasnthe only plant. Then i walked out greeted by Chomp and Citrus Cactus.
"Where did everyone go?" I ask.
"Well," Chomp started. "There was a bright light in the sky, and then KC, Pea and Alien Flower decided to check it out. Then Rose woke up, she seemed really freaked out, then she went after them but it's been a few hours."
"Well at least you guys are here," I answer partially relieved especially since Chomp was here.
"I was gonna go with them," Chomp assured. "But Alien Flower insisted I stay here since you were asleep."
"And you Citrus Cactus?" I ask.
She had her arms crossed, and she was still looking away from me.
"I was gonna stay here anyway." She replied in a snarky way.
"Well should we just wait for them?" I ask.
"I have no idea," Chomp answered. "They're probably too far for us to catch up."
Then there was a crack in the air, and Rose was running towards us.
"Did they come back?" She sounded petrified.
"Whoa you can teleport?" Chomp gasped, completely off topic.
"They didn't," I answer.
"Well did you get my vision?" Rose asked, only so that I can hear.
"Vision?" I repeat.
"About the zombies coming," Rose answered.
"The dream?" I gasp. "Yeah I got it."
"Well that's what the bright light was," Rose shook her head.
"The zombies are here?" Chomp cut in.
"Yes," Rose answered. "Zomboss built a time machine air craft thing, and they followed us to this time period."
"Crap we have to help the others!" Chomp said, and he started running off.
"No!" I shout, grabbing onto him. "I can't let you go!"
"Get off!" Chomp yelled and he pulled away from me. "I'm sick of you always treating me like I need to be protected. Think about the other team members."
Then he started running off.
"Chomp!" Rose screamed at him while in was speechless. "Right now all we have to do is protect Penny, that's our goal right now. So when the others get back we'll have Penny set and ready to go."
Chomp paused, but then he started running off into the forest up ahead.
"No," I whine. "He's the only one I have left he can't die."
"He'll be fine," Rose stares off, and then she waves her wand over the ground and weeds start to come out.
"Go find and protect the others." She commands, then she takes me and Citrus Cactus inside Penny.
We grab the tools to fix Penny.
"Citrus Cactus," Rose starts. "I want you to send a garlic drone north east from here and give us quardnits on their location and protect Chomp. Sunflower you're coming with me, I need you to watch me while I fix some more things with Penny."
I follow her outside, and she opens up the engine. Then I stand watch with my solar beam ready to attack any zombies.
I could see garlic drone flying through the air into the area Rose instructed.
I was fearing for my life, as I heard crashes and banging noises getting louder.
"Rose," I whimper.
"Keep watch!" She snapped.
Then I focus my attention back to the woods. I see the leaves rustling and then I see a foot soldier jump through the air and sending smoke clouds to shield him.
Crap. I can't use my solar beam to kill him.
I unroot and start shooting randomly into the cloud.
Hopefully this works.
"I fixed it!" Rose shouts, and then she turns to help me. She starts shorting thistles along with my sun rays and I see the zombie fall upon himself as he emerges from the stink cloud.
Rose and I both high five each other and start watching the area by climbing on top of Penny.
Not many zombies came to attack us, but the ones that did were already weak from the weeds attacking them and we killed them easily.
"I hope the others get here soon," I say as I kill another scientist that warped a little too close to Penny.
Rose seemed zoned out, maybe another vision, but she came back to reality.
"There!" She shouted, pointing her wand north of us.
I saw Pea using hyper out of the forest and shooting zombies. Now there was a large herd of zombies coming from everyside of us.
Rose turned some of them into goats, and I used the solar beam to knock them out, and we were shooting zombies while Pea and the others emerged from the forest far ahead.
I saw KC running out of the forest now and he was shooting his kernel corns in every direction. Then Alien Flower emerged from the forest shooting her spores at nearby zombies.
But I kept my attacks near KC's area because I told Alien Flower I would protect him, and occasionally shoot to protect Alien Flower since she was further back.
But there was no sign of Chomp anywhere and there were more and more zombies coming.
"We need to start Penny!" Rose shouted.
"But we're missing Chomp," I shout.
"I told you he's fine," Rose said, and she climbed down the side and into Penny to start the car up.
I kept shooting and waiting for Chomp to emerge.
But he wasn't, and I was this close to jumping down and running after him.
I knew I shouldn't have let him go alone, I should've stalked after him.
Pea was the closest to us, and he used hyper one last time to fly through the air and send multiple peas into nearby enemies.
"We need to go," Pea shouts. As if I hadn't noticed already.
Then we start shooting together and then Citrus Cactus wakes up from her garlic drone.
"Chomp is on his way," she says and then she helps us shoot the rest if the zombies.
The engine started revving and it moved.
"It works!" Rose called from below us.
Then she started driving towards KC and he jumped onto the front of the car shooting at zombies.
"You're blocking my view!" Rose screamed and the car started swiveling and turning, and we all grabbed onto the sides so we wouldn't fly off.
"Alien Flower!" KC screamed. But Rose couldn't see and when I looked up i saw the side if the car crash into Alien Flower and she was sent through the air in another direction. Rose stopped the car while crashing into other zombies, and sent KC flying off.
Pea, Citrus Cactus and I got up and started shooting again. I saw Alien Flower in the distance far off to the right and we shielded her from approaching zombies while she attempted to get up.
"Her roots," I mutter. "She can't get up."
We kept shooting, and KC was running and gunning all zombies in the way.
Rose was starting up the engine again, and the engine roared, stopped and roared again, then it jerked forward almost hitting KC.
"Watch out!" He screamed, and then he climbed onto the top of Penny with the rest of us, and Rose was still struggling to get the car started.
"She's not going to make it," Pea said. "And I can't hyper over to her right now because my abilities are on cool down."
"I'll go," KC muttered.
"I'll go with you," I answer, then I leave a heal Flower with Pea and Citrus Cactus while KC and I climb off of Penny and run towards Alien Flower.
It was so wild and crazy, and I don't think we're going to make it Alien flower is too far for us to reach her in time and she can't meet us halfway. I kept my healbeam on KC but I was taking multiple hits without any health for myself.
With one bullet to the stem, I flew to my left while spinning and hit the ground.
KC stopped and turned to look at me, clearly stuck between two choices.
Me or Alien Flower.
"Go get her!" I yelled. My heal beam was still on him and he was taking more shots.
More zombies were coming out if the trees, and then I saw Chomp.
He made it, and then he climbed onto the van.
Rose was still struggling to start the car.
"Go get Alien Flower!" I screamed. But KC ran towards me, picked me up from the ground and we ran back to Penny.
I was watching Alien Flower over KC's shoulder. She had her hand extended towards me, with tears running down her face.
"HELP MEEEEEE!!!!!!!" She screamed, as a horde of zombies trampled over her and towards us.
"No!" I scream, kicking KC as he threw me inside Penny, and every climbed inside.
Rose started the van and drove the car towards the forest at full speed and crashed into more zombies.
I ran to a nearby window for any sign of Alien Flower in the distance, but there were too many zombies to see her.
"Nonononononono!!!!!!" I screamed repeatedly, and banging on the window.
She's my friend!!!!
Penny started lifting off of the ground, causing me to lose my balance along with the others.
"Time traveling engaged," Penny said, then a portal opened up before us. Right when I saw a purple air shift emerge from the trees, and a purple light was abducting zombies.
We went through the portal