Chapter 19- Almost Time

*Same day as previous chapter*

*Veronica's POV*

Today was such a slow day. I just went to the supermarket to stock up on some snacks since my darling stepmother couldn't care any less and my dad worked offshore and was barely home. This witch he married was barely home, probably on a spree after work every day. This house was mine to look after as far as I knew, not her.

This was early in the morning. On my way back, I saw something. A familiar Camry, was parked right in front of the building where I saw Kendall was entering.

I pulled aside and turned my stalker mode on and waited a while to see if it was really Melanie's car.

I waited for ten minutes, often checking the time on my phone. She or whoever the owner of the car was, didn't come out. Never really cared about her number plate.

I thought of something. Maybe I should send the alarm streaming.

I was parked on the left side of the road and the building was on the right. The passenger's seat was closer to the pavement to I climbed over into it and opened the door. There was a bare piece of land there, with a lot of broken up bricks and gravel stones.

Andrew's ash-wood bat would've really done the job right.

It was just my luck that I spotted a stone with a great enough size to do just what I wanted it to. I stretched from the open passenger's door and brought it inti my vehicle. I placed it by my feet, closed the door, climbed back into the drivers seat and prepped myself to aim.

The coast was clear and I rolled the window down, made sure I was far enough from suspicion range and threw that big stone as hard as I could.

Score! It hit the left light and sent the alarm chiming away real loud. I could see the scratch from here.

I slid down into my seat so my head wouldn't be seen through the window.

In no time, Melanie opened the door and looked at her car and scanned the empty street....and Kendall was right behind her, doing the same thing.

I couldn't understand a thing. Why was Melanie and Kendall at the same place?

I should've told Shay this but I didn't want to say anything as yet. I wanted to make sure before I killed Melanie this time. I needed to know more.

i still decided to tell Shay but right after Melanie stopped the alarm, Kendall trod past my car in his usual exercise type of clothing and went to Shay's, which was two minutes away from where I was parked, while Mel just drove off. I was relieved when I saw that she didn't realize this was my vehicle.

But, I anticipated my breath when I saw him cross the road onto my side to walk to Shay's. I was really hoping he didn't stop and recognize me. Then, he reached real close to my car, I watched him from the corner of my eye and I could see him slow down, and stopped at the back glass.

He began to fix his hair into place and I think I stopped breathing when I quickly picked up my phone and leaned my head forward onto the steering wheel and looked down as if I was minding my own business. Finally, I felt my lungs relax when he continued walking.

It was bothering. Why was she here? I remembered Shay told me he lived lower down the street so this was probably Kendall's place...and Melanie payed a visit.

Something was up, and I could feel it.

*Kendall's POV*

I went back to the appartment to get changed for our...date, and to pack the lack of clothes I posessed here to carry back home, as these were the last moments on this side of the country. It has been two weeks, time really flew by.