Chapter 13

As we flew through the portal, we were all silent. Still processing everything that just happened. I'm sure we're all shocked, and I know I'm completely upset.
My face was still pressed up against the window.
"We need to turn back," I mutter, then I turn to Rose and start pulling on the wheel.
"What are you doing?" Rose shouts, trying to push me off.
"We need to go back!" I shout, and I successfully pull the wheel to the right, and we fly outside of the blue watery tunnel and outside in another time period.
"Look what you've done," Rose shouts, as we fly through the air, and she pulls the van up and continues to fly until we land on the ground.
"We need to save her!" I cry. "How can we just move on without any type of remorse?"
I look around at everyone in the van. Citrus Cactus was in the back, it's actually the first time she willingly looked in my direction, but Chomp, Pea, and Rose had their head down while KC just stared off to the side.
I walked up to him and shoved him. Then he looked at me.
"Why didn't you save her?" I snapped. "She needed us. She needed you."
It was still silent.
I shoved again.
"You could've got her and we all could've escaped!" I shouted. "We lost too many people! Count Chompula, Toxic Pea, Camo Cactus-" I look at Citrus Cactus. "- now we lost Alien Flower. We can't go on like this! Aren't you the one that said we needed to stick together? Because we're like a family?"
"You think I don't know how it feels," KC snapped. "I worked with the military all my life!" His voice was shaking. "I've watched my friends dies, plants and humans, I even had to kill the humans after they were infected to protect my teammates from being killed. I watched them get eaten, and ripped apart. You're not the only one losing friends, I came back from over seas thinking this was over but you and Crazy Dave and the rest of the plants haven't done anything! Now Suburbia has been taken over, and we'll only lose more of our friends if we can't stick to the mission!"
I started crying harder.
She loved him, and he abandoned her. For me.
"Please," I turn to Rose. "We have to go back. We can time travel, we can go back and save them."
But Rose just shook her head.
"Even if we did it's going to set everything back," Rose said. "We would just end up tampering with our progress and make things worse than it already is. We had one shot, and we set it. We can go back but we'd have to remain hidden and not mess with anything. Plus saving others can have another effect on the future and one of us can die again. We can't escape our fates, if we went back and saved them, we'd just prolong their deaths again and mess up even more stuff."
I started crying some more, and then I went back to the bunk in the back if the van.
And then Citrus Cactus sat right by my side with her arm around me.
"We lose our loved ones eventually," she whimpers next to me.
And I regret having said that Citrus Cactus should've died.
Rose kept on steering Penny, while Pea sat down next to her. Then KC and Chomp sat at a table.

It's felt like forever while we flew through the blue watery tunnel.
Rose still focused on the road, while Citrus Cactus and I just slept in the back. Well we didn't sleep we just lyed together on the bunk.
"Now entering the year 2015." Penny stated, and then the portal opened up revealing a whole new world.
Everyone got up and we looked out the windows.
The sky was darker, and there were zeppelins flying around.
Rose quickly landed Penny into an alleyway before we were seen.
"All this happened while we were away," Pea stated.
KC nodded his head, and opened the door.
"We still need one more person according to Crazy Dave's guideline," Rose said. "Hey where are you going?"
We all followed KC out of Penny.
"Just looking around," Kc answered, and the way he talks gets me mad.
Its like he's already forgotten about the incident with Alien Flower, like she's never existed.
"The next plant is in the future, we aren't going to find him in our time period." Pea answers.
"You never know," Chomp murmurs.
I made sure to avoid Chomp as well, since he yelled at me.
I wasn't sure if I was angry or upset but I didn't want to bug Chomp more than I already had based on what he said.
So I kept to myself in the back, with Citrus Cactus.
We walked down the alley, and then we hid behind the trash can whenever a zombie walked by.
"Don't attack," Pea commanded Chomp. "We don't want to draw attention to ourselves."
"Maybe we should just get back to Penny," Rose nods her head.
"I really see no point in sneaking around, " Citrus Cactus raised her voice so that we could all hear.
She has a point though, we were sneaking around and for what?
But KC held up his hand to silence us, and then he pointed outside the alley where some robotic suit fell from the sky, and an orange ball was rolling around it.
"Whats that?" Chomp asked.
"It could be... " Rose was looking at the Crazy Dave guide. "It's a strong possibility."
"Lets go!" KC and Pea shouted, and they were the first plants running out of the alley and towards the orange ball.
"Idiots!" Rose chased after them, and then so did Chomp, Citrus Cactus and I.
"Its in the guideline!" Rose screamed. "Imp and his zmech!"
The zmech turned to face us, and inside I could see a baby zombie thing inside, laughing and aiming it's gun at us.
"Its too over powered for us!" Rose called.
"We can still try!" KC and Pea shouted. Then the orange ball rolled up to us and it wasn't a ball anymore, it turned into a crablike thing but it was an... orange.
Right when the zmech started shooting at us, the orange guy manifested a forcefield and shielded us all from it.
"I had this under control," he said. "I'm Citron by the way."