Chapter 6

*** Two years later ***

Two years had pass flying. Emily had two close friends, Laura and Brandon. Even when she played most of the time with them, she continued to ask her mother to call Kyle to play with her. He usually went to her house when they made a barbecue in their garden. Tonight, he had been invited to have dinner, just the five of them.

Kyle was heading to Emily's house. Emily was now six years old and he couldn't be happier to see her grow and enter school. Now she would learn new things about the world and the history of werewolves.

He arrived just as Matthew took of the lasagna from the oven. It smelled delicious. He wished he could cook like that. Carol and Emily were upstairs and Jackson was in the living room playing some video game.

"Hey Kyle! How are you?" Matt asked setting the table in their dinning room for them to eat.

"Good. I passed my day changing some training schedules. I think I will talk to the gym teacher to give some fighting classes at school so we can see potential warriors." He said leaning against the wall.

Suddenly, a strong different scent reached his nostrils. His wolf reacted immediately. He knew what that meant, Emily and her wolf had connected. Now she would start having new abilities like running faster, smelling better and seeing better too. He smiled but he knew that for that to happen so early, she had to have alpha blood in her. Betas and Alphas were the first to establish the bond and the others followed behind at age of nine or later. Jackson had bonded too but he was almost nine.

Matthew looked around sensing the same thing as Kyle. They locked eyes and they knew they were thinking the same thing. The rogues that attacked that night had a mission, to kill or kidnap the baby for what she was. Most certainly, if her parents were still alive and hadn't run away from her formal pack, she would have been the next Alpha. That made both men worried.

Carol was helping Emily with her homework when she sensed her daughter still. She looked at her with worried eyes. Then, her scent intensified.

"Emily..." She said her voice soft to not scare her.

Emily looked at her mother.

"I think I have someone telling me that I am bad at math..." She said her voice tiny.

"That's your wolf honey. And you are only beginning to study mathematics. Come, let's go have dinner. I think Kyle arrived."

At the sound of Kyle's name, she ran downstairs. Carol didn't know if it was for the mate bond, but her daughter was always happy to see him.

Emily went to the kitchen and threw herself at Kyle's arms.

"Here is my trouble maker!!" He said laughing at her excitement. He placed a kiss on her forehead. Every time she was in his arms, he and his wolf felt at peace.

"I'm not a trouble maker..." She said unsure of the verify of her words. He chuckled with amusement.

Emily remembered what her mother had said moments ago.

"I found my wolf!" She yelled making their sensitive ears hurt a little.

"Yes you have. Now tell me about your school, your friends. I want to know everything." Kyle said placing her at the table, while the others followed behind.

"You found your wolf? How? Why mine only showed himself a couple of weeks ago? Is mine lazy?" Jackson asked. The adults remained quiet.

I'm not lazy... His wolf wined.

"Every wolf bonds with the human soul at their right time. It doesn't mean your's is lazy, Jackson. Now Emily, tell me about your school." Kyle replied, trying to end the conversation.