NOSTALGIA

presently Jake's confession shocked most of the family members...

Jake took a deep breath, feeling the weight of the truth pressing down on him. He looked around the room at his family's faces, all filled with confusion and anticipation.

Jake began, his voice steady but filled with emotion.

"We are twins... Identical to be clear."

He paused, gauging their reactions. Heeseung's smirk had vanished, replaced by a look of genuine anxiety. Jungwon's confusion deepened, and Haeri's eyes were wide with shock.

"Our parents decided that the best way to keep us safe was to separate us," Jake continued. "They thought that if we were apart, we'd be less of a target. So, they took him and left me with our grandparents in Australia."

"It will be funny if I say... that I didn't even know that I had a twin until he called me one day..."

"I remember that day as if it was still yesterday. I got a call from an unknown number and was told to meet him at any cost."

"First, I hesitated, thinking it was a prank call, but the unknown number rang up my phone many times... then finally, taking my best friend's advice, I made my decision to meet him in person."

"And when I reached him, I was shocked to see... and too stunned to speak... for a moment of picture, I thought I was just looking at myself in the mirror... It was so unbelievably incredible.."

"Since that day... he would call to meet me often, Being twins meant we shared an identical appearance, but our personalities were so much different."

"he always seemed to effortlessly charm those around him, while I struggled to connect with others, often feeling like an outsider even in my own family."

"he shared everything about his daily life and how life had been. And then one day, suddenly..."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

// FLASHBACK //

In the bustling city, Jaeyun sat alone in the study room, lost in a whirlwind of thoughts. The aroma of freshly brewed coffee filled the air, mingling with the soft hum of the radio beside him. Despite the lively atmosphere, Jaeyun felt the weight of solitude creeping over him, like a shadow cast by the dim lights.

And a sudden knock on the window startled him from his reverie. Outside stood a figure draped in a black trench coat, snowflakes dusting his shoulders, and a red knitted scarf snug around his neck. Jaeyun's annoyance grew as he recognized the all-too-familiar face. "Jaeyoon..?"

"What is he doing here..?" Jaeyun's mind raced with questions as he eyed his twin skeptically.

Jaeyoon's presence was unexpected. The thing about having an identical twin was (obviously) that they looked so much alike, aside from Jaeyun's glasses.