Chapter 28

Chapter 28

I woke up with a start, panting and sweating like a dog in the sun. I wiped my forehead and lay back down. I heard feet padding along the floor rapidly signalling that someone was coming. I closed my eyes pretending I was asleep when the door opened. Gemma running in and kneeling next to my bed.

"Sky are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm fine." I replied trying not to open my eyes.

"You were screaming." She stated, I shrugged my shoulders and sat up.

"I'm fine Gemma, really." I said. Gemma huffed and stood up straight walking out of the room. She shut the door behind her, leaving a small gap for some light from the hall to come through. When she left I heard voices, it must have been Maverick and maybe Mr. Styles talking to Gemma.

"Is she okay?" Maverick asked.

"No. She's saying she is fine which you and I know, honey, is a complete lie." Gemma stated.

"What do you mean?" Mr. Styles asked.

"When her cousin was killed she was distraught and then when the case went cold she shut down and the only response she gave was 'I'm fine'." Maverick explained. Great now he knew.

"Maybe I should talk to her. I'm her teacher she trusts me." Mr. Styles responded. Bullshit.

"I don't think you should." Maverick said.

"Yeah we don't know what's going on right now." Gemma added. Then it was radio silence. "Harry, do you know something?" Gemma asked. He wouldn't.

"She showed up to my house a couple of times, once she was drunk. It took a while but I finally got her to tell me what was going on- I don't know whether it was because she wasn't fully sober or because she couldn't hold it in anymore." He half- explained.

"What did she say?" Maverick asked.

"She told me that a few weeks back, her father had attacked her mother and that's why she showed up the first time; she felt like she had nowhere else to go. The second time it was because her father attacked her mother again." I couldn't believe him, he wasn't supposed to tell.

"Dear lord, did she report it?" Maverick asked. I couldn't take this anymore.

"No she didn't." I said opening the door. "You son of a bitch." I insulted Mr. Styles.

"Sky-" He began.

"What? What else can you say. I told you that in private. God I'm so stupid to think that for just one second I could trust you." I spat, livid.

"They needed to know Sky."

"They didn't need to know jack squat. This is my business!" I threw back. It was then I realised that this time it wasn't just Mr. Styles and I in the room, there were people watching us. I sighed finally having enough and walked away from the group of people. I picked up my bag and put on my shoes.

"Where are you going?" They all asked.

"Fuck knows. Just away from here." I spat.

"Can you stop and just think for a minute?" Gemma asked.

"No, I am done thinking and I am certainly done thinking I can trust people." I said directing that last part at my teacher.

I opened the door and slammed it behind me, not caring a tiny bit. My phone vibrated in my bag so I took it out knowing exactly who it was from except this time there was two attachments. One a photo of me leaving the house and the second was an mp3 file. I played it and a part of Ed Sheeran's song 'Runaway' began to play.

'I'll just runaway and be on my own oh'

I'm done with this, I can't do this anymore. I'm going to find who A is. Now.

A/N

I know this is short and late af but I finally decided to update and because I am so busy it is going to have to be short. SO YALL CAN PUT DOWN THE PICTHFORKS AND KNIVES.

I LOVE YOU.

DEDICTION TO: @Maria_SisterOfNico

GUESS THE SONG:

'So baby if you say you want me to stay, stay for the night. Cause I don't wanna know I'm walking away if you'll be mine. Don't go.'

~Jadey6688