An Assassin, An Emo And a Horse

The lone man kept walking outside the shack and soon reached the doors of the house. Hank analysed the front door which was embedded with termite bugs and made his way inside the house.

It was a mess.

The living room was in shambles with dirty clothes all over the floor, the sofa being damaged way beyond repair and the carpet being trashed by chocolate wrappers and whatnot. A faint odour seemed to be coming from a seperate room which Hank thought to be as the kitchen. He didn't stick around for long, seeing as there was nothing interesting in the house. As soon as he turned to leave though, he heard something that piqued his interest.

"ARF"

Hank slowly turned back and saw a large Rottweiler growling at him. The mutt didn't make any moves but looked at him in anger, but mixed in with that anger, was a tint of fear. The dog's legs slightly quivered as it could smell the faint scent of it's master on the strange man who appeared before it, but he knew it wasn't Mike.

Hank slowly made his way to the dog, with each step creaking the wooden floor. The dog continued barking and braced itself for a fight. It reared it's hind legs ready to pounce. Hank didn't slow down but continued to make his way towards the dog. The dog now unable to contain it's mysterious fear started whimpering. The man looked very much dangerous and unsympathetic and the poor canine kept wondered when his owner would return to save it. Hank finally reached the dog and crouched down to it's level.

He dropped his katana and his axe.

The dog still looked in fear. Can it trust the man? What has he come for? Where was it's owner?  Loads of question rushed through it's brain despite having only five senses. The man raised his hand.. Perhaps he was going to slap it to death? It didn't know why but fear coursed through every cell of it's body as it stared at the man. Hank bought his hands close to Cerby's snout and....

He scratched it's ears.

Cerby felt a sense of pleasure coursing through it's body as the man anonymous to him started scratching his ears and petting him at the same time. After a while though, Hank let go of him. Cerby looked as the man made his way back to the doorway, turned his head back and simply nodded. And at that moment Cerby knew. He knew his master... Was gone.

Hank went out of the shabby stronghold which was somehow considered a house and took a look at the streets. He looked back again as he heard the sounds of tiny feet running behind him. It was Cerby again. He walked behind Hank and gave him a small sniff around the legs and wagged his tail while looking at him. It seemed as if Cerby wanted to come with him. Hank simply nodded again as if agreeing to it's thoughts. Cerby simply looked at him and made his face look like something that resembled a smile. He then looked at the house, and then to the sky and howled in a long, wailing voice. Hank looked at the sky too but chose not to do anything. After a while, Cerby stopped howling and stood up and looked at Hank. Hank simply looked at the space in front of him.

He realised he was able to open a window according to his will and on it was the same words as he read over and over again.

New Mission:
Assemble With the Squad.

Hank didn't know who his so called 'squad' was and didn't care about it either. Teamwork was not his forté and he didn't know where to find anyone to assemble with in the first place. In fact, he looked around and saw that he didn't recognize where he was even in the first place. He didn't remember anything before randomly appearing in front of a sickly old man and a dying adolescent. He didn't know why the oldie attacked him in the first place, but he didn't complain. Hank loved an excuse to kill other people and himself.... Which he just now understood for some odd reason.