Chapter 23

Please read the whole Author's Note at the end. it's really important!

Jayda's POV.

"Are you sure you want to do this? You don't have to. Confrontations might not be good for our baby" Maddox tries to talk me out of it for the hundredth time.

He thinks that if I talk with my father then I will get too stressed and die or something.

I sigh exasperated "Maddox, we will just talk. We won't argue"

"Jayda, you exploded on me just because I was going to make breakfast instead of you." He points out.

I ignore him "You were fine with it two minutes ago! Why don't you want me to talk to him now?"

"Because you have been acting irrational today. Maybe you should do it tomorrow" he suggests and I glare.

"Are you kidding me Maddox? Did you just call me irrational? How dare you!" I hiss.

He takes a deep breath as if to calm himself. "Look, you are driving me crazy. Calm down and just do it tomorrow" His tone is strained as if he wants to snap at me but deciding against it.

I gape at him. How dare he?

I stare at him for a few seconds and he stares back with a blank face, telling me he is not backing out.

I start crying.

"Why do you treat me like that? I just want to have a civilized conversation and can't even stand to be around me!"

Maddox runs his hand over his face and starts at me in panic "Jayda no I didn't mean that. It's just. Ugh fine. I'll call Leonardo so he comes over."

I immediately stop crying, wiping my face "Okay"

I give him a quick hug and he stares at me in shock.

"Ummmm..." Maddox trails of and I smile.

"I need to wash my face. Tell my father to meet me at your office. I want to talk to him alone. And please don't argue with me over this. I need to do this alone" I mumble then walking towards the bathroom.

Maddox follows behind me. "Done, told him to be here in 5 minutes."

I rinse my face, trying to erase all of the signs I was crying. "I don't know how you use mind link so much. It gives me a headache."

He shrugs "You get used to it"

As I was wiping my face with a towel Maddox hugs me from behind "Are you sure you don't want me to be with you? I won't talk or anything" he says kissing the top of my head.

"I'm sure, if I need you then I'll call you." Say turning around and giving him a tight hug.

He sighs, lifting my shirt up and rubbing my still flat stomach "I love you guys"

I grin "We love you too"

"We need to go to visit Dr. Jenny. She needs to check everything with the baby is going smoothly"

"Yeah we do" I nod.

We hear a knock on the door. And Maddox pulls away.

"Let's go" I mumble and walk with Maddox towards the front door.

Maddox opens it and my father is standing there.

His brown, short hair was damp and his face was freshly shaved.

He was wearing a dark blue t-shirt and a black pants. When he saw me he smiled.

"Jayda, Alpha Maddox" he greets and Maddox scowls at him.