The Whomping Willow

Chapter 6: The Whomping Willow
-Bex p.o.v.-

I woke only when there was noise in my dorm room, what's going on? I questioned myself as sat up groggily.

Voices, though the room was empty. I became more focused when I noticed the strangeness of the situation. The voices got louder and I realised they weren't from my room; but the room next door.

I sighed, annoyed and stood from my bed. Ready to go next door and tell them to shut up so I could go back to sleep but stopped short when the voices became screams.

I grabbed my beaters bat from my bag quickly and ran out of the dorm room, skidding to a stop in front of the door that was making all of the noise. Bursting through the door with my bat ready I looked around in alert.

Four girls were in the room, all standing on their beds shrieking and pointing at the ground.

"What are you doing?" I questioned them, annoyed. Thuds came from behind me and the boys burst into the room behind me.

"A spider!" One of the girls screamed.

My jaw dropped and I looked at all of them as if they were stupid. "Are you serious? I was awoken from my sleep because of a spider? I was about to bash someone's skull in for you guys because of a spider? Are you kidding me?" I was seething now, glaring holes into each of the girl's heads.

"Umm," one of the girls stuttered, switching her weight from one foot to the next. She avoided my gaze, glancing at her friends for help.

"Where is it?" I growled, my glare darkening.

"There." The one nearest to me pointed at the ground.

I walked closer and saw a tiny, little bug. Raising my bat, I slammed it on the ground a few times. "There, it's dead. Now shut up." I muttered and stormed past the boys and out of the room.

The boys followed me, their jaws dropped. "Did you just kill a spider with a beaters bat?!" James exclaimed following me into my room.

"Yeah." I glared and rummaged through my drawers. I pulled out the same type of clothing that I wore last night and looked up at them.

"You dented their floor!" Remus scolded.

"They woke me up and made me think a murderer was in there. I thought I was gonna get to give some git brain damage." I countered, still glaring, and still angry with the girls rooming next door.

"I don't think that is a very appropriate thought to be having." Remus spoke hesitantly as I walked past them and into my bathroom.

Getting changed I yelled through the door. "Not my fault I'm not a very nice person after being forced awake."

"Touché." Sirius yelled back. I could hear the smirk in his voice and the amusement that seeped out of his mouth.

I brushed my teeth and glanced in the mirror, focusing on my hair, it was how I normally had it in seconds. The perks of being a metamagus. I walked back out into the living area and placed my sleeping clothes in my hamper and grabbed my bag, throwing my bat back in.

"How did you guys get up here anyways?" I looked at them questioningly, narrowing my eyes at them accusingly.

"We have our ways." James spoke mysteriously, crossing his arms over his chest.

I rolled my eyes, "like getting a girl to stand on the staircase so it won't change into a slide?" I smirked as they looked at me surprised. "My dad is headmaster, I know some things." I grinned and continued past them. They hurried to follow after me as I exited the common room. Seeing as breakfast was still being served I headed for the Great Hall.