Chapter Seven- Andrew

^^ Dedicated to my ninja super buddy! The Increduble Psycic Girl! Love ya!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Andrew's P.O.V.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We stayed in that position for who know's how long. Me cradling her against my chest like a mother hen, and her trying to breath steadily again. I would not let her go until she asked me to. I secretly prayed she would never ask, but I knew that was a meaningless prayer. She would have to go, but not now. Now I would relish this moment. Even though it may be in the midst of a devastating circumstance, I am overly proud that I was the one here for her. I hope she feels the same. Even if it's just because I am her best friend, I hope she knows I love her in even that way.

Eventually, she started to breath normally, well really sighing deeply. I took that as my cue to release her, but when I went to let go, her entire weight was pushing against me. She was not moving on her own, she had fallen asleep.

I took the moment and cherished it, she had fallen asleep in my arms. That must mean she feels safe with me right? That's a good sign I believe. She was right though, she would always be safe with me, no matter how cowardice I am. I would always fight for her.

I sat there for a little while, savoring the feeling of just holding her. This was not the first time she had fallen asleep in my arms, but I always cherished it when it happened. Call me obssessed, because honestly I am. This girl just drives me to the edge of insanity. I just can't though, I just can't.

I sighed aloud, and shifted under her. She stirred in her sleep and I froze. The last thing I wanted to do was wake her. She needed to rest, crying always took alot of her frail, small body. She was so fragile looking, it's hard to imagine how she could have survived all those beatings. It's just beyond me how her father could have done that to such a wonderful creature, not just because I may be blinded by love. She really was something special, I only hope she knows just how special.

I place my one arm behind her knees and the other behind her shoulders, and rise from the floor in one fluid motion. I carry her bridal style which is actually very natural feeling. I smile down at her, she always looks her most peaceful in her sleep. Like a sleeping angel, perfect peace.

I carry her around to my bed and lay her down, tucking her in. It may be the middle of the day, or really just the beginning of ours, but she will be out for a while. She may as well be comfortable. I kiss her on the forehead and quietly leave the room, making sure to make no sound when I shut the door. She should be awake in a few hours, she really did cry alot.

I sigh to myself, and take off my soaked shirt. It's soaked with her tears. I toss it in the corner and go downstairs. Thankfully I'm fit enough to be fine with no shirt on. I like working out, and some where in my subconscience I know I do it for Charlotte. Not that it really matters. She just see's it as a way for me to stay healthy. If only she knew.

I feel my stomach rumble and realize I am hungry. I go to the fridge, notice two drinks missing, oh right Charlotte. In all the chaos I dropped the drinks I had been holding for us. I made a mental note to retrieve them later. My stomach grumbled again and I hurriedly found something to eat. I settled on some cold pizza and another cola. I sat by myself on the couch and ate. The T.V. was on, but I was not paying it any attention. My mind was wandering as I chewed.

Charlotte's father was dead. That should be sad news I suppose, Charlotte was half an orphan now, but really it was a relief. I was happy for her. Although he had beem gones for years now, she still feared him. He still affected everything she did, and didn't do. Whether she did it knowingly or not, she let him rule her life. Even when he was miles away. It really broke my heart whenever she would call to tell me about another nightmare of him, I always told her that he was gone, but he never really was. He was always there with her in her mind and heart.