Chapter One

Elizabeth dragged her feet and was mumbling some very profound words under her breathe. She hated the dungeons almost as much as she hated Potions. She had to beg Draco to tutor her last year so she wouldn't fail, and although she got better at it (from a P to an A), she still felt like she was a moron in anything to do with mixing and following recipes. Speaking of Potions, that was her next class, and it was taught by her least favourite teacher, Snape. That seemed to be the case with a lot of students, she realized.

"Harry, get back here!" She heard her favourite ginger, Ron, yell. She turned around to see Harry sprinting in her direction and Ron, with rather colourful hair, jogging behind him. Elizabeth shook her head at the pair, and diverted her gaze away from them.

Harry's footsteps and panting (from running) was getting louder, it wasn't until it was too late did she realize that Harry was running right into her. With a thud, Harry seemingly accidentally tackled her to the stone floor. Elizabeth felt as if all the oxygen that filled her lungs escaped with one big whoosh as she crashed chest first on to the floor. She tried to take deep breaths to regain her composure, but that seemed really, really, really hard with someone lying on her back.

"Get off," she mumbled, loud enough for Harry to hear, hopefully.

"Huh?" Harry said in a rather dazed voice. "Oh, right." He rolled off of her so he was lying beside her and smirked. "Why hello, Lizabeth."

"You forgot the 'e'." Elizabeth stated, sitting up and sorting through her papers so they were in the right order again. She could feel Harry looking at her questionably and said, "My name is Elizabeth. I would think that you'd know that by now, Harry."

He smiled, a dumb, loopy, goofy smile. "I like the way you say my name. Your voice makes it sound soft and gentle, two things that I'm not... Or at least not yet."

Elizabeth gaped at him before shaking her head. Any other girl would've blushed at him saying that to them, but Elizabeth can ensure that she is not one of those girls. "Excuse me, Potter, I have class to go to." She stood up and started to walk away, only to be pulled by her shoulders towards Harry.

"It's just potions," he whispered, "and I can think of a lot of things that you'd prefer over that. I'm pretty sure hanging with me is one of those things." He leaned in so his lips brushed her ear, causing her to jolt away and begin to bolt. "Does that mean you don't want to go out with me?!?" He yelled after her.

In response, Elizabeth ran even faster and was glad that she made it to the Potions classroom. She took her regular seat next to Hermione and plunked her books down on her desk, her head going on top of it.

"What happened?" A concerned Hermione asked.

"Harry happened," Elizabeth muttered. "I'd rather someone crucio me than be around him for a few minutes."

"He's not that bad," Hermione said, patting her friend on the shoulder, causing her to scoff. "He just really, insanely, incredibly likes you."

Elizabeth sighed as Snape began to shout out attendance. Harry and Ron entered the room, their faces almost as red as Ron's hair. "Potter, Weasley, mind enlightening us on what caused you to come to class late?" Snape said, his voice annoyingly like velvet.

"Sorry, got held up," Harry smiled, his eyes panning over to where Elizabeth was glaring at him. "Wouldn't mind being held up again, if I may say."

"You may not say," Snape shouted. More calmly, he drawled on, "students, because of Mr. Potter and Weasley's here lates and lousy explanations, we will have a seating plan." This earned groans from everyone in the class. "Also, 15 points from Gryffindor." He began listing off the new seating arrangement, and Elizabeth had her fingers crossed that she would sit across the room from Harry, or at least not anywhere near him. She began to whisper her hopes over and over and over again until she heard the awful, fatal words, "Reething and Potter."