Chapter Three

It was the day after the newcomers were introduced. Elizabeth and Hermione were sitting in the Great Hall, people watching. They were in the midst of talking about who they think is going to enter the Triwizard Tournament.

"Cedric Diggory is definitely going to enter," Elizabeth stated. "He always rants about how Hufflepuffs should be respected, even if no one really knows what a Hufflepuff is."

"I don't bet at all, but if I did, I would definitely bet that he is going to enter," Hermione agreed. She thought for a moment before adding, "I bet Viktor Krum from Durmstrang is going to enter."

Elizabeth scoffed, "He is the only relevant person from Durmstrang so I wouldn't doubt it."

"I'm sure there are plenty of relevant people from Durmstrang," Hermione said, rather defensively. But that didn't hide the faint blush that was creeping on her cheeks.

"Oh my god, does Hermione have a crush on Ron's man?" Elizabeth gasped, only half-jokingly. She had heard from the entrances of the schools that Ron was a little bit (that's a bit of an understatement) excited about seeing Krum in their school. Before Hermione could reply, Elizabeth nudged her and pointed towards the figure approaching the Goblet of Fire. "If it isn't your lover boy."

The pair watched as Krum entered his name in the goblet. After the fire of blazed a satisfied green, he turned to where they were sitting and flashed a smile, followed by a wink. Hermione looked down immediately, trying to hide her ever reddening cheeks.

"Did Viktor Krum enter?" a voice from behind them asked. Elizabeth spun around in her seat to see Ron and Harry, she guessed that Ron was the one who asked.

"Naturally," she responded.

Ron grinned and sat down beside Hermione, while Harry sat down beside Elizabeth. Elizabeth scooted to the right a bit, sitting herself closer to Hermione than to Harry.

"So, Beauty..." Harry spoke up.

"That's not my name," Elizabeth sang, causing a snort from Ron.

"It might not be, but it suits," Harry responded, to which Elizabeth rolled her eyes. Harry noticed the twins sauntering in to the hall and commented, "Do you think they'll find a way to enter?"

Elizabeth looked at him, slightly in shock that he was actually asking her a question that didn't involve dating. "Um..." she stammered, sparing a glance at the twins. They were talking excitedly amongst themselves while gesturing to a potion in their hands. "Let's see, an age line that Dumbledore, himself, made versus two goofy twins who think they know what they're doing... I'd have to go with they won't find a way to enter." She looked at Harry to be polite and make eye contact before asking, "What about you?"

"I never know what to expect out of them," He admitted with a shrug. "I wouldn't be surprised either way." With a smile he added, "Now that we've had a conversation, how about that date?"

Elizabeth frowned and shook her head, "I never agreed I would go out with you if we had a conversation. I just suggested that if you were going to bother me, you might as well try to have a conversation with me instead of annoying me."

Harry let out a sigh, an indicator that he knew that she was right.

"It's not going to work," Hermione suddenly said in a singsong voice.

Elizabeth turned her attention to Hermione and the twins, who were about to drink an aging potion.

"Oh yeah?" Fred said, crouching down slightly so he was at eye level with her.

"How do you know it won't?" George asked with a smirk, obviously confident in his and his twin's plan.

Elizabeth could see Hermione's annoyance, clear on her face. With a huff, Hermione stood up from her seat and gestured to the line around the goblet. "Because, that line is drawn by the Dumbledore. It wouldn't be fooled by something so pathetically dimwitted as an aging potion."

"And that's why it's so brilliant," Fred grinned, standing up straight.

"Because it's so pathetically dimwitted," George finished, a grin stretching on his face.

"I'm going to laugh when you guys fail," Elizabeth spoke up. Her brown eyes were gleaming and a smile was threatening to appear.

"That's a good thing that we won't fail, then." Fred replied.

"Ready, Fred?" George asked, lifting his potion up with one hand, flicking it a few times with the other.

"Ready, George!" Fred exclaimed, taking the bottle off of his and taking a swig. George did the same, chugging his potion down effortlessly.

Together, they jumped over the age line with a smirk. The eyes of everyone who were in the Great Hall were on them, and they must've realized, because they began to bow. They took out their pieces of paper that they had written earlier with their names on it, and tossed it in the goblet.

Elizabeth let out a gasp, and Harry whispered to her, "That is incredible."

She nodded and stared in wonder as the goblet's flame turned a dangerous red, rejecting the papers. The flame jolted the twins away from it, over the age line they flew, and they landed on the floor with an uncomfortable umph.

It wasn't until they sat up that she realized that the goblet of fire had done something to them. They had grown long, white beards... A beard that if it were any longer, Dumbledore would be jealous of it.

Elizabeth burst out in laughter at the sight, her eyes beginning to water from laughing so hard.

Fred turning to George, "You said..."

"You said..." George exclaimed before launching himself at his twin. They began to play wrestle, their beards tangling with each other.

The scene caused Elizabeth to gasp for air, but she couldn't stop laughing. She almost fell off her seat backwards because she was laughing so hard, causing Harry, in between his fits of laughter, to put his arm behind her. She hadn't realized that Harry had moved closer to her, but she was thankful for the support. At least this way she wouldn't embarrass herself by falling over and bonking her head.

"What is going on in here?" Dumbledore's voice boomed through the Great Hall. He entered the room and his eyes fell upon the twins, who had stopped their wrestling. (Fred was on top of George, so it was kind of still obvious that they had been fighting.)

"Dumbledore, we grew beards almost as great as yours," George mumbled from under Fred.

Dumbledore stared at them for a moment before cracking a smile, dismissing them to go to Madam Pomfrey.

Students began filing into the hall for Hallowe'en's supper. Elizabeth took a deep breath to stop her laughter before excusing herself. "As funny as this all was, I should get to my own house's table." She gently pushed Harry's arm off of her and stood up, dusting herself off, and moving to her table.