Chapter 1

AN: I chose this song is because this chapter happens on a Sunday. That's really the only reason. Enjoy.

Alliance

"Erin, Hurry up or I'll leave without you!" My father called from downstairs.

"Coming." I called quickly looking at myself in the long mirror that hung on the wall.

Long straight midnight black hair reaching mid-back, dark wash jeans, a band tee with the sleeves cut off and black and white converse stared back at me. I grabbed my phone, shoving it in my back pocket as I ran down the stairs and out the front door pass my dad.

"C'mon, slow poke." I tease as I got in the truck.

I watch my parents say goodbye to each other before my dad got into the driver seat. After he's pulled out of the drive way and we're on route to our destination he says,

"Now Erin. Tell me the rules again."

"But dad, I've already done it five times." I complained in response.

I wasn't normally one to complain but we'd already been through it again and again and I was excited, I didn't want to talk about the rules and conditions. He gave me a look telling me I have no choice, that if I want to go to the meeting I had to behave.

"Do not speak during the meeting unless spoken to first. Shake hands before and after with the members of the other pack . And of course, control my wolf." I list off the three things in a bored voice.

"Good. Now you know how important this meeting is, their pack as well as ours needs this alliance. Alpha Crossly will not be happy if his beta lets his daughter ruin everything. Got it."

I didn't like it when my father got like this. He's normally a pretty lay back person but the second he gets into beta mode, he isn't as fun.

"Yes sir." I say in a partly teasing manner.

Ten minutes later he pulls up to the hotel the other packs guest are staying at. My dad gives me a pointed look as I walk over to my best friend.

"What's that about.?" Sadie asked as I came to her side.

"He's worried that I'm gonna ruin something." At that she laughed.

"Well we all can't be experts at attending meetings, now can we?"

"Oh shut up," I say playfully, "This is only your second time. And the only reason you've done this more than me is because your the alpha's daughter."

She shrugged, grinning at me as we made our way into the building. Sadie spotted Chris before me, but that did make sense since they were mates after all. It was no surprise that my two best friends were mates, if only for three weeks. I watched them hug and kiss in greeting, then Chris walked over and hugged me too. They might have been mates but Chris was still my best friend. We chatted mindlessly when my father comes over and tells us it's time. He leads us into the meeting room and we line up on the left side of the door, the Alpha, beta and third in command on the right. There were two guards standing outside the doors of the conference room and two more at the back.

I took a deep breath when it hit me, except I didn't know what that something was. Erin, what's wrong? I heard Chris say, via the mind link. I looked over at him with a questioning look when I realized that I had tensed up. Nothing, I answer, not knowing myself why I was acting and feeling weird.

"Alpha White." I heard Sadie's dad say bringing me back to reality.

I turned back forward waiting to shake hands. The men make introductions before walking over to us.