MISSING YOU

Aarushi observed the scene before her, a smile playing at the corners of her lips as she approached Aniket and Nitya, who seemed to be in the midst of a heated discussion.

"No, Aniket, your whims won't work in this matter at all," Nitya insisted, her voice firm with determination.

Their mother entered the room, her expression curious as she caught wind of the tension. "What's going on? Why are you two fighting like this?" she inquired, addressing her children.

Nitya turned to her mother, frustration evident in her voice. "Please explain to him, Mom. He's brought me here forcefully, saying that you'll take better care of me... Is that fair?" she complained, her tone tinged with indignation.

"What happened? Why are you both arguing?" Niharika asked, her gaze shifting between her children, her concern growing.

"Mom, it's Aniket's idea that I don't take care of myself properly, so he thinks I should stay here. He says you'll take good care of me, especially now that we're talking about three children..." Nitya began to explain, but her mother's eyes widened in realization before she could finish her sentence.

"Three... Three children means... Nitya, you..." Her mother's face lit up with joy as she processed the news, enveloping Nitya in a warm embrace.

"That's why I said that with such a big belly in just five months... I'm very happy for you..." Her mother's happiness was palpable as she expressed her joy.

"Now tell me, Mom, what should be done if she doesn't take care of herself?" Aniket interjected, seeking his mother-in-law's support in their argument.

"Well, you're absolutely right in this matter, Nitya, from today, you'll stay here... and yes, there's no room for argument in this..." her mother declared firmly, settling the matter.

"But, Mom..." Nitya attempted to protest, but her mother cut her off, determined to enforce her decision.

"No buts, Nitya... I've said it, so it's final... and... now I need to talk to Nirmala Ji," her mother announced, her brow furrowing in concern as she recalled another matter that required attention.

"But what does that have to do with her?" Nitya asked, puzzled by her mother's sudden shift in focus.

"Of course, it does. I can't take any risks with your pregnancy..." their mother explained, her tone serious as she addressed Aniket.

"But Mom, even when... when Aniket and I got married, Aarushi was pregnant then too..." Nitya attempted to reason, but her mother interrupted her, her words laced with authority.

"Aarushi and your case are very different, Nitya. She took good care of herself, and yes... she wasn't expecting triplets... and there's only you... If you have time to take care of others, you'll take care of yourself, won't you?" her mother concluded, her tone leaving no room for further argument.

Aarushi watched the exchange with amusement, unable to suppress her smile as she witnessed her sister getting scolded by their mother.

"Yes, Mom, you're absolutely right. Nitya is like that... absolutely clueless, isn't she, Aniket? Do you agree?" Aarushi asked, her eyes twinkling mischievously as she addressed her brother-in-law.

Aniket chuckled, playing along. "Yes, absolutely," he replied with a grin.

"See, Mom... Aniket also agrees... he also knows how careless, foolish, and clueless Nitya is... that's why he came here worried and left her with us, right, Aniket?" Aarushi teased, winking at him.

"Absolutely, partner... only you can understand my pain... I don't know how you spent 25 years with her," he joked, laughing.

Nitya rolled her eyes at their banter before joining in. "How mean! And you just wait... Aarushi, you..." she shot back, playfully chasing her sister around the room. Their laughter filled the air as they indulged in their usual sisterly antics.