Chapter Thirty-One

A/n comment your thoughts x

"No!" I yell punching Eric's chest. He is lying he has to be. Anger is bubbling inside me with each word he says.

People are staring at us, but I honestly couldn't care less.

"She's gone Ave! Stop it!" His words cut me like knives. They sink in makes me completely break. My legs turn to jello and I drop to my knees. My body shaking in sobs and anger.

My mom's dead. The chemo that "saved" her also destroyed her. I barely register Eric pulling me to sit between his legs holding me against his chest.

"Ava what can I do?" Eric sniffs. I squeeze my eyes shut shaking my head crying into his neck. My sister isn't even here. Nobody wanted to visit her today beside me. She got put back in the hospital a few days after what happened to Harry and I. Her liver was failing. I have been here everyday, allday, for the last three weeks. My mom distracted me from him and she helped me with dealing with it all. She was strong about everything when I fucking couldn't.

Harry and I have barely spoken it has only been a little hi and how are you doing sort of thing.

I told him about my mom but he didn't respond to my message.

"Ave I am going to go call your dad and sister, okay?" Eric and I have been sitting on the hospital floor for more than an hour. Him comforting me. I simply nod allowing him to stand. Wiping away my tears and ignoring my awful breathing. I pull out my phone my heart breaks a little when I see my lockscreen, a picture my mom and I took when she first got into here. Our eyes are crossed and us doing a duckface. Pursing my lips to stop my tears I click on Harry's contact.

"Hey this is Harry! And Avaaaaaa! Kitten stop. You stop Bear. Eh whatever leave a message" Harry voicemail makes my heart shatter just a little more.

We were so fucking happy.

"H-Hey Be- Harry I just wanted to call you and tell you my mom she passed away a hour or so ago. Um I don't know what I'm doing right now and I-I know I probably sound so pathetic right now but I really need you righ-" the ending of the voicemail cuts me off. Fuck I'm so stupid. Why would I leave a message like that? I end the call closing my eyes imagining a universe where my mom is still here and with me.

Why did she have to die?

My chest is hurting from crying and the pain. I pull my knees to my chest and try to control my breathing and my shaking body.

I feel like a shell of a person.

-

"Ava, you were asleep so I put you in your bed. Please call if you need anything. I love you xx Eric." I read his note aloud to myself. My phone buzzes next to me on my bed. I don't even have the energy or deserve to check who messaged me.

Maybe if I think hard enough this ceiling will fall and crush me and put me in a coma? It has to be less painful than this.

The day I have been hoping never would happen since my mom told me she has cancer.

I muster up some energy grabbing my phone seeing a message from Harry.

Harry: you want me to come over in the morning?

Do I? I don't know. It would be nice to see him and have him here, but it would also feel like I'm just teasing myself with the thought of having him again.

Me: If you want to.

Harry: I do. You probably fucking hate me and I don't blame you, but if you ever need me I am their, okay?