Chapter 9: Penny

Hello hello so I'm going to atlanta to compete in an international slam poetry competition Brave New Voices, so needless to say I am not going to update for at least a week, since I'll be spending four days there and its 16 hours or 17 to get there.

Anyways, wish me luck please there's going to be like 5 Texas teams there whuch is crazy. There's also goingto be teams from Ghana and Britain and I'm hella nervous.

Be cool.

Love y'all ❤

● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

Odia's POV:

"A penny for your thoughts?" Haruhi asked as the florist went to gather different shades of orchids.

"Huh?" I snapped out of my trance into my own thoughts as i blinked. I had been out of it all day. In all honesty, I was torn between being angry or hurt.

To be a prize, how is anyone supposed to comprehend that? Not to mention my hair was pretty dead at the ends which was pissing me off.

"You're pretty gone today." Haruhi remarked.

"Am I? Sorry, just had a rough week with a bad hair day." I gave her a forced smile in hopes she'd drop the subject.

"You what?!" We heard a yell from the other the side of the shope to see Kaoru holding a phone as the rest of the guys, except Kyoya who was not present, listened in.

The shop was filled with high class bitches- I mean brides-who did not take kindly to Haruhi's and my "low class style" as one of them who whispered ever so quietly described it. In short, the last thing we wanted to do was piss them off. Well, piss them off even more for the sake of not making a scene.

"Kaoru!" I snapped as the red head looked up at me with wide eyes.

"You're the prize everyone has been talking about?" Honey gasped.

Everyone?

"Haruhi, I think you should go with the cattleya orchids." I spoke quickly, trying to ignore the boys.

"Wait, prize?" She looked to the idiotic males for an explanation.

"Kyoya's dad's game of finding a powerful wife has spread to a lot of families, and Odia here is the ultimate prize." Hikaru spoke slyly.

By now the whole shop was looking at us, well, me, unfortunately. Apparently this game has caught on quite quickly.

"Oh mind your own buisness, bridezillas. This doesn't concern you!" I yelled as they rolled their eyes, continuing on with their lives, "Talk a little louder, why don'tyou?" I snapped at the boys.

"Kyoya drunkenly proposed to her last night." Kaoru added with a short giggle.

"It's a disgusting thing to consider females as prizes." I spat, "So cattleya orchids? You like those? I hope so." I spoke quickly and looked down at my wrist that had only a hair tie on it, "Well would you look at the time? Gotta go, bye!" I rushed out of the place.

----

"Do you... wanna talk about it?" An vaguely familiar voice spoke as I threw knives at a picture of the Ootori family, careful not to hit Fuyumi.

I threw a knife at Kyoya as I turned to face a blonde haired man with thd prsttoest eyes, "Who the fuck are you and why the fuck are you in my house?" I spat as I pushed up my glasses in a huff.

The man looked down and chuckled a bit, "You dont remember me? That hurts, Odi-chan." I picked up another knife as I scoffed.

"Odi-chan? Who do you-" I dropped my knife as I realized who the suited man was, "Nekozawa-senpai!" I squealed as I jumped onto him in a hug.

"There she is." He chuckled as he caught me, "Now do you wanna tell me why you're throwing knives?" He asked as I clung to him.

"Why are you even here?!" I beamed, "It's daylight."

"I haven't seen you since you were found. I missed you like crazy and I got fixed up a bit." He laughed, "Now explain the knives."

Nekozawa had really changed since high school. He was much more social and outgoing and can go in the daylight sometimes.

"Can I do it while you carry me like im a koala?" I asked with a small pout.

"Deal." He mused.

I sighed as I rested my head on his shoulder, thanking how strong he is, "Well, I know you knoe the pursual game."

"Ah, yes. It's quite popular." He mused.

"It just pisses me off. My words were completely twisted." I took a deep breath, "I was dead to many people, and they still didn't really listen to me."

"Well, you can always end the game." He spoke as he sat down, and I sat next to him on the sofa in my living room.

"End it? How?" I asked, biting my lip.

Nekozawa then cupped my face, looking into my eyes, "Marry me."

I blinked, "What?"

"Marry. Me." He said with a small smile, "It'll end the game, then we both win!"

"We both..." I trailed off as I pushed away from him, "We both win, huh?"

"What's wrong?" He asked sincerely.

I looked at him with sad eyes, "You too, Nekozawa?"

"What are you..."

"Please don't play dumb." I snapped as I stood up, "You're playing the game, aren't you?"

"It's my only shot-"

"YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE A BROTHER!" I yelled tears beginning to form.

This is one of my best friends. This man was the first boy, other than my brother, who gave me a smile. He was my source of comfort. His arms were always open to comfort me, but now I'm no longer his friend, I'm his prey.

"If I were to win, I'd be able to get it faster-" He tried to explain himself, but I was too angry and hurt.

"You're treating my hand in marriage like some joke because you're impatient?!" I shouted, my voice beginning to crack a bit as I sighed, "We've been friends since I was eight. You know me, and yet you..." My voice broke as I blinked my eyes quickly, avertimg my gaze to the floor, "Leave, please."

"Odia-"

"You didn't come her because you missed me, you came here because you wanted to win me." I looked up, tears welling up in my eyes, "You make me a little sick, so please, let yourself out." I looked away from him as I pointed to the front door.

"...I just-"

"Please." I bit my lip, "Don't talk, just leave."

He slowly got up, "I'm-"

"Nekozawa, don't make me cry in front of you." I spoke softly, looking down until I heard the frint door shut behind one of my first friends.

I sank down as I let the tears stream down my face.

Why do I keep crying so much? It's ridiculous. I hate this. I hate crying. I hate wondering if my friends are really friends or suitors. I hate my hand has become a trophy. I hate that I can't do anything about it.

"I'm so tired of this." I sobbed into my hands.

"I seem to have come at a bad time." A smooth voice spoke.

I looked up to see Kyoya Ootori.

Would it kill me to lock a fucking door once in a while?!