Chapter 53: Coffins

Emma's POV

Stefan left quickly after Damon. I looked over at Klaus. I went over to him and hugged him. "I'm so glad you're okay." I whispered. He hugged me back.

I looked up at him. I could tell that some of the things Mikael had said had hurt him. There was a dried tear streak and his eyes were still slightly red. "Don't listen to what Mikael said. There are people who love you. Don't forget that." I told him. I know I'm kind of reusing what Jenna had said to me, but it really helped me. Maybe it can help him, too.

He hugged me tighter. "Thank you, love." I said.

Rebekah took me home that night. I got changed for bed right when I got home. After the night's events, I just wanted to sleep.

The next day, I got a call from Enzo. I decided to come clean with him. I told him about Klaus being my soulmate along with Elijah. I told him about the struggles I faced during the summer. And I caught him up on what all had happened.

He scolded me for not telling him sooner, but he did tell me that he was glad that I was doing okay now. He told me how things were going in Arkansas. He was having fun with his friends. I was glad that he was having fun. I missed him, but I knew that in a couple months, he'd be coming back.

Later that day, I got a call from an unknown number. Despite being highly confused, I answered the call. "Hello?"

"Hello love, Elijah gave me your number. I hope you don't mind, but I wanted to talk to you." I heard Klaus say.

"Oh, Klaus. Yeah, no worries. I completely forgot that you hadn't gotten my number yet. So, what did you want to speak to me about?" I asked.

"Stefan decided that it was a good idea to steal the coffins I had my family in. I wanted to free them now that Mikael is dead, but I can't if I can't find them. Do you know where he could be keeping them?" he asked.

"I have no idea where he or the coffins are. I'm sorry. I wish I could help." I told him.

"It's alright, love. I can take care of this on my own. If any ideas pop into your head or if you see Stefan, call me, okay?" he told me.

"Okay." I said.

"Alright, well, have a nice rest of your day, love. Goodbye." he said.

"Goodbye Klaus." I said before ending the call. I saved his number into my phone and went on with my day.

A couple weeks went by. I had officially gotten up to a healthy weight. I looked, and was, a lot stronger and healthier. I came home after spending some time in the clearing to find papers scattered around the kitchen table. I saw a bunch of papers with information about different people named Abby Bennet. Bennet. Were Elena and Bonnie looking for one of Bonnie's ancestors? Why?

I decided not to worry about it too much. I didn't care enough to find out what they were up to. It was probably nothing.

Later that day, I got a call from Elijah. "Hey Elijah!" I said as I answered the phone.

"Hey Emma. How are you doing?" he asked.

"I'm doing alright. What's up?" I asked.

"I called to let you know that Klaus and I retrieved the coffins that held the rest of our siblings. Although we are grateful for that, the Elena gang managed to hide the one that contained our mother." Elijah said.

"I thought that your mother wasn't a vampire." I said.

"She's not, but her body has been preserved. Her body has been locked in a coffin ever since. If they open that coffin, it could spell disaster for Klaus. Our mother was a powerful witch. She was the one who turned us into vampires. Apparently, Klaus had been the one to kill our mother all those years ago for being the one who placed the curse on him." Elijah told me.

"So you're afraid that she may try to kill Klaus for what he did to her." I concluded.

"Yes." he said.

"I wish I could tell you guys where they hid her coffin. I'm not exactly in the loop anymore." I told him.

"I know, but I thought I'd at least let you know what was going on." he told me.

"Well, at least you got your siblings back. Are you guys going to wake them?" I asked.

"Yes. We are waking them tonight. Klaus will be out of the house for a bit. We have a feeling that our siblings will be seeking revenge on Klaus for daggering them." I said.

"Yeah, Klaus has some apologies to write, doesn't he." I said.

"Yes he does." Elijah replied.

"So, how many of you guys are there? How many siblings are still daggered?" I asked.

"Only two. Their names are Finn and Kol. Kol was daggered a little over a century ago, and Finn had been daggered for about nine hundred years." Elijah told me.

"Nine hundred years?! Damn, it's going to take him a while to adjust to the times. Does he even know english? I have no idea how long English has been a language." I admitted.

"He knows bits and pieces of very old English. English has changed a lot over the centuries. So the little English he does know isn't used much today." Elijah explained.

"Yikes, so he has to learn a whole new language..." I said.

"Yes, it's going to take a while for him to get adjusted." Elijah said.

"So, any chance I can meet them?" I asked.

"Maybe tomorrow, if they had calmed down by then. I'm sure they'll be happy to meet you." Elijah said.

"Sounds good! I can't wait to meet your siblings! I'm sure they're amazing people." I said.

Great, so I'll call you tomorrow?" he asked.

"Yes, see you tomorrow. Bye!" I said.

"Goodbye Emma." Elijah said before the line went dead.

The call left me feeling giddy, nervous, and concerned. I was excited to meet his siblings, but the news about their mother concerned me. I just hope that they don't open that coffin.

The next day rolled around. I woke up that morning feeling excited. I got ready for the day and waited for a call from Elijah.

That afternoon, I finally got the call from Elijah. I immediately answered it. "Hey Elijah!" I said in a cheerful voice.

"Hey Emma, do you still want to meet my siblings?" he asked.

"Yes, of course I do!" I told him.

"Then come outside, I'm in the driveway." he told me.

I quickly went to the door and looked outside. Just like he said, he was pulling into the driveway. I ended the call and ran outside. The moment the car stopped, I hopped in.

Elijah looked over at me and spoke. "Are you ready to meet my siblings?" he asked.

"Yes!" I said in excitement. And just like that, we drove off.

Elijah took me to the place Klaus had built for his family. It looked beautiful, and it was massive. I could only imagine being rich enough to live in a place like this.

When we parked, Elijah quickly got out of the car. He rushed over to my side and opened the door for me. I thanked him and stepped out of the car. We made it to the doors of the mansion. I smiled at Elijah as he held the door open for me. I stepped inside. The inside looked just as beautiful as the outside.

"They're in the living room. This way." Elijah said as he led the way. I was excited yet nervous. I hope they like me.