-:Chapter 12:-

The jet had finally made it to the Avengers Compound, Rhodey seemed to be on a call. "Still no word from Vision?" Secretary Ross asked, "Satellites lost him somewhere over Edinburgh." Rhodey said, "On a stolen Quinjet with four of the world's most wanted criminals." Secretary Ross said, "You know they're only criminals because you've chosen to call them that, right, sir?" Rhodey said, "My god, Rhodes. Your talent for horseshit rivals my own." Secretary Ross said, "If it weren't for those Accords, Vision would've been right here." Rhodey said, "I remember your signature on those papers, Colonel." Secretary Ross said, "That's right. And I'm pretty sure I paid for that." Rhodey said, "You have second thoughts?" Secretary Ross asked, "Not anymore." Rhodey said, Steve's group walked into the room, "Mr. Secretary." Steve said, "You got some nerve. I'll give you that." Secretary Ross said, "You could use some of that right now." Natasha said, "The world's on fire. And you think all is forgiven?" Secretary Ross asked, "I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight. And if you wanna stand in our way... we'll fight you too." Steve said, "Arrest them." Secretary Ross said, "All over it." Rhodey said, he ended the call, "That's a court-martial. It's great to see you, Cap." Rhodey said, shaking Steve's hand, "You too, Rhodey." Steve said, "Wow. You guys... really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple years." Rhodey said, "Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five star." Sam said, "Uh, I think you look great. Uh...Yeah, I'm back." Bruce said, the room fell silent, "Hi, Bruce." Natasha said, "Nat." Bruce said. "This is awkward." Sam said, Steven and Vision side-eyeing Sam. 

"So we gotta assume they're coming back, right?" Rhodey asked, "And they can clearly find us." Steven said, "We need all hands on deck. Where's Clint?" Bruce asked, "After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families. They're on house arrest." Natasha said, "Who's Scott?" Bruce asked, "Ant-Man." Steve said, "There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man? Okay look, Thanos has the biggest army in the universe and he is not gonna stop until he gets... Vision's stone." Bruce said, "Then we have to protect it." Natasha said, "No, we have to destroy it. I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head. About its nature. But also its composition. i think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source... something very similar to its own signature, perhaps... its molecular integrity could fail." Vision said, holding Stevens arms, "Yeah, and you with it. We're not having this conversation." Steven said, "Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it." Vision said, "That's too high a price." Steven said, Vision held Stevens face, "Only you have the power to pay it." Steven closes his eyes and walks off, "Thanos threatens half the universe. One life cannot stand in the way of defeating him." Vision said, "But it should. We don't trade lives, Vision." Steve said, "Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life... to save how many millions of people? Tell me, why is this any different?" Vision asked, "Because you might have a choice. Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. Jarvis, Ultron, Tony, me, the stone. All of them mixed together, all of them learning from one another." Bruce said, "You're saying Vision isn't just the stone?" Steven asked, "I'm saying that if we take out the stone... there's still a whole lot of Vision left. perhaps the best parts." Bruce said, "Can we do that?" Natasha asked, "Not me, not here." Bruce said, "Well, you better find someone and somewhere fast. Ross isn't just gonna let you guys have your old rooms back." Rhodey said, "I know somewhere." Steve said.

Back on the ship with Strange he's tied down and surrounded by some sort of needles. "In all the time I've served Thanos... I have never failed him. If I were to reach our rendezvous on Titan... with the Time Stone still attached to your vaguely irritating person... there would be judgment. Give me...the stone." Ebony Maw said, the needle slowly entering Stranges cheek, and hurting a great deal. 

"Wow, you're a seriously loyal piece of outerwear aren't you?" Tony said, looking to Stranges cape, "yeah, uh, speaking of loyalty..." Peter said, "What the..." Tony said, "I know what you're gonna say." Peter said, "You should not be here." Tony said, "I was gonna go home." Peter said, "I don't wanna hear it." Tony said, "But it was such a long way down and I just thought about you on the way...and kinda stuck to the side of the ship. And this suit is ridiculously intuitive, by the way. So, if anything, it's kinda your fault that I'm here." Peter said, "What did you just say?" Tony said, "I take that back. And now, I'm here in space." Peter said, "yeah, right where I didn't want you to be. This isn't Coney Island. This isn't a field trip. This is a one-way ticket. You hear me? Don't pretend you thought this through. You could not have possibly thought this through." Tony said, "You can't be a friendly neighborhood Spider-Man... if there's no neighborhood. Okay, that didn't really make sense, but you know what I'm trying to say." Peter said, "Is this a bad time?" Payton asked, Tony flipped his head around, "You two are gonna kill me one day. What I said to him, quadruple it onto you, now come on. We have a situation." Tony said, Peter and Payton stood close, "See him down there? He's in trouble. What's your plan? Go." Tony said, Payton and Peter talk within themselves for a moment. "Okay. Did you ever see this really old movie, Aliens?" Peter asked.