Chapter Eleven

A/N: Changed the Cover once more because I saw a similar picture on a popular story. If you do want to make a cover for the story for fun, pm me and I will send you my email address. Thanks!

The inside of the house was even nicer than the outside.  If you thought of it, this house had it. From a miniature library, to a full-fledged workout area in the basement, to tennis courts, a Jacuzzi, and a swimming pool; the Luciano mansion had it all.

Liam had been nice enough to give me a quick, non-exaggerated tour of the house. He seemed bored the entire time, barely changing facial expressions and answering my questions with a quick response, then a grunt.

He didn't perk up till we hit the kitchen. In any other home, during noon-time, the kitchen is quite possibly empty – not in this house. Melanie Luciano was nowhere to be seen – but a staff of five or six men and women stood behind kitchen utilities, whipping up lunch which would be served at 1 p.m.

Liam had called out one name, "Sebastian".  A man with greying hair turned around, gloves covering his hands as he worked with food. Sebastian had a cheery smile and a cute little, almost non-existent dimple on his right. His wrinkle lines were well defined, showing his age. He had to be in his sixties.

A smile spread across Sebastian's face when his eyes fell upon the man that had called for him. "Liam, Liam, Liam," He laughed, clearly happy at the sighting of his friend. The two embraced each other in a gentle hug before pulling away.

"Sebastian is our butler," Liam stated. He didn't look at me when he spoke, but at his butler. Yet, he was addressing me. Weird.

"-I've been working here since Liam was. . .what. . .? Eight?"

"Nine," Liam nodded, correcting him politely.

19 years. That's the definition of loyalty.

Sebastian nodded, still eyeing Liam. "19 years exactly; but then his ass had to get up and leave 'ole Seb."  Liam simply laughed. Sebastian turned to me, beaming. "But, I'll let you in on a secret," He shot Liam a side eye look, before leaning forward and whispering not so quietly. "I didn't miss the messes he made in his room though-"

"-On the floor," Liam interjected, smirking. "The messes I made on the floor."

"-With his clothes." Sebastian helped Liam clear up the statement.

I didn't quite get the joke until after.

Men and their dirty thoughts.

I giggled.

"-My socks," Liam nodded. The two both cackled until their faces were red. "Yeah, my socks."  When they both quieted down, Sebastian had turned to me, still smiling.

"And you are?" He extended his hand as I did the same, giving in a firm, yet soft, respectful shake.

"Faith," I smiled. "I'm-" But there I caught myself. Who am I? Or, better yet, what am I to Liam?

Sebastian and I both turned, looking at Liam when his voice interjected mine. "She's a friend," He nodded. Sebastian didn't seem to question it anymore as he smiled and pulled his hand away.

"It's nice to meet one of Liam's friends," He said, "Even though I've worked here for 19 years, I've only seen two or three of his friends."

Two or three friends in 19 years?

I turned to Liam, eyebrows raised.

He had his eyes down casted towards the floor, probably wishing he could transform into the nearest crumb. The slightest tint of red kissed his face as he looked up. "I'm sure you've seen more than that, Sebastian."