Chapter 15

Skyli's POV

I woke feeling a lot better. I yawned before I walked downstairs to find anyone. I was still groggy. When I made it to the living room, everyone was still here except Clarissa. They were watching the annual Thanksgiving football game. The Redskins just scores causing a mixture of reactions. I walked over to the couch and saw that Grace was knocked out in her rocker. That girl sure could sleep.

"Morning sleeping beauty," Wyatt smiled, pulling me onto his lap. He peppered kisses all over my face, making me giggle.

"Hi," I said when I finally stopped giggling.

"Have I mentioned how disgustingly adorable you two are this week?" Davis said. Wyatt chuckled and kissed the side of my head.

"Oh come on, they're just adorable," Marbles said, smiling at us.

"All this and they hadn't even told each other 'I love you' yet. Can you believe that," Davis said before popping a chip into his mouth. I felt my cheeks go red with embarrassment as I looked at my hands which were clasped in my lap. Wyatt only kissed the side of my head as his arms adjusted around my waist. The Cowboys scored a touchdown, making Cheryl, Clove, and Rickett jump up excitedly. Davis's comment was forgotten by the group, but not me.Wyatt nudged the side of my face gently.

"It's okay, babe. Let it go for now. We'll talk later," he whispered softly in my ear. I nodded discretely. His thumb rubbed circles gently on my thigh as we watched the game quietly I had no idea how Grace was sleeping through all of this yelling. At one point, Paisley turned from the TV to me.

"Are you and Wyatt going to get married?" She whispered in my ear. I chuckled and shrugged.

"I don't know, honey," I answered honestly. She sat back down next to Rickett and I sighed in frustration. I never felt like my relationship with Wyatt was a weight until now. I wasn't expecting to marry him on anything, but an 'I love you' wouldn't hurt.

Wyatt's POV

Davis ruined everything like Davis always does. Ever since he said what he did, Skyli has been deep in thought. It wasn't good either. It only spelled trouble. I was going to tell her when I felt the time was right. Now, there would be pressure to say it and it wouldn't mean as much. There was no question that I loved Gracie and I loved Skyli, but Skyli was a different case in of itself. I couldn't just say it like I would any other sentence. Once I said those three words, there was no taking them back. It would change our entire relationship, and I liked the way things were right now. Well, at least, the way they were before Davis opened his stupid mouth. I could punch him for that.

"We should probably get going," Marbles said after a while. They said their goodbyes and left. I was left with Davis, Gracie, and a quiet Skyli. Davis looked between the two of us before he picked up Grace.

"I'm gonna go put her down for bed," Davis said slowly before darting up the stairs. I looked at Skyli and saw that she was still staring at her lap.

"I should probably go help him," Skyli said softly. I held her down lightly.

"Sky, he left to give us a chance to talk," I sighed. She blushed and got up quickly.

"What's there to talk about?" She said crossing her arms, inadvertently making my shirt rise slightly on her.

"You're upset with me," I said, standing as well. She huffed a breath and looked away from me for a moment.

"I'm not upset, it's just... why haven't we said it to each other yet?" She asked. I didn't have an answer for her.

"Sky, you know better than I do that our situation is fragile. I don't want to ruin whatever we have right now," I tried to explain. She huffed a breath and looked at me in disbelief.

"Whatever this is?" she yelled. I sighed and shook my head.

"Sky, you know what I meant," I tried to recover.

"Really?" she said, raising an eyebrow at me, crossing her arms. I sighed in frustration and grabbed her waist, pulling her into me. I caught her by surprise and kissed her like my life depended on it. My mouth moved with hers feverishly. We'd never shared a kiss like this before and I felt her melt into me. Her hands slid up my chest and tangled into my hair, tugging gently. My hand squeezed her backside firmly, making her moan. She pulled away breathlessly and rested her forehead against my shoulder. I pulled her chin up to peck her gently with my other arm still around her waist firmly.

"Did that feel like I don't care about you?" I whispered, still trying to catch my breath. She only shook her head slowly. She knew I was right. "Have you ever felt like I didn't care about you, even if it was for a second?" I asked lowly. Again, she shook her head.

"I should make sure Davis doesn't need any help," she said softly. I sighed in defeat and reluctantly let her go. I wanted to tell her that I loved her right then and there, but I knew that I couldn't. It wouldn't be right.

She wouldn't believe me.