6. Now now now liars go to hell

Thirteen's POV

I gently pull my black tank top over the bandages covering my entire side and proceed to slip on a pair of jean shorts (I think you can guess what color they are by now). I pulled my hair up into a high ponytail and slipped on my boots before exiting my room and walking down the stairs. As usual, I was the first one up, no surprises there considering I hardly ever sleep.

I turn on the stove and begin to boil some water for tea before digging through the fridge for eggs and bread. I figure I'll make myself some breakfast while waiting for these numbskulls to wake up. They can't be that tired, after all, I did all the work last night.

I pop the bread in the toaster and begin to heat up a pan for the eggs. I glance at the time on my watch, 5:26, that means I have approximately forty-five minutes before Devin wakes up, I've figured out he's a morning person, the other three...not so much.

I finish cooking and take a seat at the table eating my breakfast in silence, though I know it won't be silent later after all Devin is a loud person and I've come to the conclusion that he's on drugs.

I place my plate in the sink and turn it on as I begin to clean up my mess. I glance at my watch again, 6:07. I continue washing off my plate and pan as a loud thud echoes through the house followed by the sound of shattering glass. I silently slide open the knife drawer as I hear Jason yell out.

"I'M GOING TO KILL YOU DEVIN!!!" I instantly relax and close the drawer; did I mention Devin's favorite morning activity was waking everyone else up? No, well now you know. I'm thankful I'm always up before him.

The thudding of footsteps brings me back to reality as Devin descends the stairs and runs through the kitchen with Jason right on his tail. I shake my head silently, how these guys-scratch that, how Devin was considered to be deadly I will never know.

The sound of splitting wood causes me to turn my attention to them only to see them wrestling on what remains of the coffee table. I turn my attention back to the dishes which I have finished cleaning and progress to drying them. I finish the last dish as Chase and Cody step into the kitchen, Jason and Devin are currently outside...I think. I lost track of them about five minutes ago.

"Where's Devin?" Cody asks coldly. I shrug back cause let's face it I honestly have no idea where they went, Devin was running...Jason was chasing and they could probably be in Canada by now.

His eyes narrow into slits "Where is he?" he grits out Remind me never to wake him up in the morning, he's worse than a teenage girl during her time of month.

"I don't know, Canada?" I suggest my tone surprisingly calm. I've decided I'm not going to fight with him anymore, I'll just ignore him or answer with as little words as possible, oh wait I already do that. As soon as I finish my sentence Devin comes running into the kitchen and hides behind me.

"Save me."

"Nope, you're on your own," I answer back. He places his hand over his heart dramatically.

"And here I thought we were friends."

"Where in the hell did you get that idea?"

He sighs loudly right as Jason enters the room and spots Devin who grabs me by the shoulders and uses me as a shield. I throw my head back and it collides with his nose causing him to cry out in agony. Serves him right, I'm not a damn shield.

"Consider this a warning," I state icily, as Jason stops in his tracks and smirks.

"Looks like she got you for me." He says, the smirk never leaving his face. Devin lets out a string of curse words before grabbing an ice pack from the freezer.