KAO

Damn you, Haku! 

It was bad enough watching him hug her, but KISS HER!? My Chihiro!? 

I stood at the edge of the bridge's ledge, burying my fingernails into the wood to keep my anger under control. It quickly boiled up inside me, and I began to growl. 

 "Keep it together, Kao," I said to myself. 

 I felt the rain pelt on my hood as the storm picked up. I watched Haku and Chihiro get out of the water and start making their way back up here, holding hands. How could he? More importantly, how could she? 

By the time they made it to the other side of the bridge, Haku was already holding Chihiro in his arms, her asleep and cuddling up against his chest. They were both drenched, head to toe. Haku looked up and when he saw me, he stopped in his tracks. 

 "Kao," he called out quietly, "aren't you-" 

"Save it," I snapped, walking toward him. "You've done enough." 

He slowly met me in the middle, Chihiro still fast asleep. 

 "What's your problem?" He asked, seeming confused. 

 I creased my eyebrows and gave him a death stare. 

 "Stay away from her," I said, shoving a finger in his face, "or you're not going to be a problem anymore." 

Haku got up in my face, tensing up and breathing as hard as I was. 

 "I knew something was up," he addressed. "This was why you changed, didn't you? Why you came back here, of all places. Well, let me tell you something-" 

He was interrupted by Chihiro, who was starting to squirm in her sleep. He caressed her head. I took one look at Chihiro, beautiful Chihiro. In her sleep, she seemed very peaceful, and she was smiling. I grinned a little at the corners of my mouth, but when I looked back at Haku, I scowled. 

 "This isn't over," I threatened. 

 I turned and made my way back to the bathhouse in the pouring rain, my mind only on one thing: 

Getting rid of Haku.