My Benefactor Chapter Twelve

My Benefactor

Copyright © 2011 crimsonnebula

All rights reserved

Chapter Twelve
Picture on the side is Alexis (Audrina Partridge). Just picture her out with blue eyes instead of amber :D

Vote, like, fan and comment!

Enjoy! No proofreading done.

*******

The day seem to drag like a nightmare, my mind reeling with thoughts of what had happened at lunch. My actions have compromised the logic of the situation and I had brought myself a ticket to karma road.

Maybe this was god's way of torturing me with hell on earth, or maybe this was the past coming back to bite me in the ass.

I couldn't concentrate in class, because my mind kept replaying the kiss I had with my ex, Bryson. My 16 year old self would have laughed at my face for being a hypocrite because damn, I just kissed a guy who happens to be in a relationship. And here's the kicker, to my best friend Ciara. Fate definitely has its way of kicking your ass to the curb.

Bryson however, apologized much to my indignant protest. I explicitly said that he didn't need to, but that boy can be so persistent, I just had to find it adorable.

I would never tell him that. That would inflate his ego ten times its original size.

To my relief, the bell shrilled and finally, school was over for the day. I gathered all of my belongings, jamming them all in my bag, and swiftly slung it on my shoulders. I took a deep breath then walked out of the class room, heading for the parking lot.

Going home wasn't appealing to me at the moment. My heart wasn't stable to see Derek's handsome face, and I couldn't keep up with a cool facade. Maybe I'll just kill some time at the mall, looking around. Yeah, that would be good, so I'll go along with that. I hastened my pace towards my car and dugged my keys from my pocket.

"Reagan!"

I groaned. Somebody really hates me up there. Can't a girl get a break from reality?

I grudgingly turned around and saw Bryson walking towards me with a slightly mifffed Ciara in tow. What do they want now?

I put on a fake smile, "Hey. What's up?"

They stopped and Bryson gave me a warm smile,"Hey Reagan. It's good you haven't left yet."

Huh? I rose my eyebrows,"Why?" I asked, curious.

He looked nervous, "Uh, I was hoping that you'd have dinner with us tonight." He saw that I was about to protest so he beat me to it,"Dad requested it. He missed you a lot so, yeah."

I frowned, "What about your mom? She hates me, remember?"

Ciara slightly smirked and put in her lame two cents,"No, she doesn't, Reagan. Eat dinner with us. Come on."

Oh, she's playing the dirty card. She wants to see me getting my eyes clawed out by Mrs. Weiz. I rolled my eyes at her, "I didn't know you're bipolar, Ciara. Last time I checked, you were upset that I wasn't paying attention with your babble."

She glared,"I am trying to be nice, Reagan."

I folded my arms over under my chest "Is this your way of saying sorry? Because it's not working." I've already seen past your facade, Ciara. You can't fool me.

Bryson sighed and stood in between us,"Girls, girls! Stop it. You guys are best friends. You shouldn't be fighting."

I scoffed at this. Best friends? I wasn't so sure about that anymore,"Whatever. Keep your girlfriend in check, Bryson. I doubt if she sees me as her best friend if she keeps up her prissy bitch act."

Ciara gasped,"Reagan, how could you? I am not acting like a prissy bitch!" she cried, getting into defensive mode.

Bryson sighed again, not sure on what to do with girls who are at the brink of getting into a cat fight,"So, how about it? Dad would be happy to see you." He said.

That doesn't sound so bad. I haven't seen Mr. Weiz for a long time. He was like a father to me, so I owe him this much as a visit and besides, I wasn't ready to go home.

I shrugged, "Sure. Why not? I'm in no hurry to go home."

He grinned,"Great. By the way, we moved to a new house a few months after you left, so just follow our lead."

I nodded,"Fine by me." Then shrugged.

I'm not so sure about Bryson's mom though.