Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

                                                                         🩸🩸🩸
                                                ~Aurora's POV~
                                                                       ~2 Weeks Later~Friday October 28th, 2022~

~Halloween Masquerade~University of Indiana~

Rowena, Steve, Eddie, and I all walked into the ballroom of where the Masquerade was taking place.

As we all prepared for what was to come, Oliver and Nathan informed us that the person responsible for the heinous acts was going to be in attendance tonight.

While Rowena, Steve, Eddie, and I all agreed to attend the Masquerade, Dustin and Max had decided to stay at Steve's house with Robin and Nancy. Oliver and Nathan stayed near the building so that if we needed help, they would be there.

Since it was a Halloween Masquerade, we all dressed the part. Eddie had decided to dress as a vampire from the Regency Era...the irony of that is impeccable. But, he looked absolutely handsome in the historical attire.

Steve had decided to dress as a knight and Rowena as an enchantress from the Medieval Times.

I had decided to dress as a Butterfly...I went with how I felt. This year especially I have transformed into a butterfly.

Once we were all in the ballroom, Eddie and I went to one end of the room and Steve and Rowena went to the other.

"Are you alright?" Eddie asked.

"Yes, I am. I mean we are finally going to get this person, I mean that is good right..." I rambled.

"Aurora." Eddie said.

I looked over at Eddie and I finally breathed.

"I'm sorry." I breathed.

"Hey, come here." Eddie said.

He took my hand and we went past the ballroom and into an empty room next door.

"I think this is better." Eddie said as he closed the door.

"Yes, I can breathe and there is no chatter." I said.

"Mmm, you and I have different versions of better." Eddie smirked.

Eddie started walking over to me as I leaned back towards one of the window sills.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Well, maybe I just wanted to steal you away for a moment." Eddie smiled.

"How do you know what to say?" I whispered.