62 | Face & Checks

FLORENCE

Day 5 into Rheas recovery, and I was very very happy with how she was progressing. So were the nurses who were definitely getting a little fed up with her. The doctor too. But so was she. She was itching to get out of here.

One more day.

If things continued to go smoothly.

She was pretty much cleared for any major complications. She said she was feeling great. All her vitals were improving. She had colour back in her skin again.

One more day.

Then one more and we'd be in Australia.

She is able to walk and move fairly comfortably, she can swivel and bend and apparently she could pick me up if she wanted to. That's what she's telling me anyway. Well... convincing me to come sit on her face every single night.

I just rolled my eyes and ignored her every time. Which I'm sure she was remembering every time I did that.

Rhea basically threw the empty jelly cup beside her. "I'm sick of this food." She said.

"It's helping you."

"Jelly? Everyday? Is helping me? I highly fucking doubt that." She rolled her eyes.

"It's like a treat. Everything else is great." Well... It's good." I wanted to get her attention on something else. "Raws on tonight, do you wanna watch it-"

I was cut off by someone coming into the room. Not a nurse. Not a doctor. Not anyone I knew, but a kind looking woman was this massive bouquet of pink and white roses in her hand. "Hello? Florence?" The woman looked at Rhea.

What's was happening...

"Actually, this is Florence. I'm Rhea." Rhea sat up.

The woman turned her attention on me. "I see, it's usually the other way around. Great speaking to you, Rhea. Florence, delivery for you. She handed me the massive bouquet of flowers.

What?

I looked to Rhea as the woman left. She was watching me.

I glanced back at the flowers and saw the little note with them, and I read it.

To Florence,

There's no way I'm ever going to be able to show you just how thankful for you I am. But here is a start.

Rhea x

I touched my chest because I thought my heart was going to explode from it. "Rhea... you don't need to do all of this. I'm meant to be the one who-"

"I don't care. I want you to know how much I appreciate you, Angel."

"But-"

"Just accept them and say thank you." Rhea cut me off, using my own words against me.

I softly put them down. "Thank you." And I hugged her deeply. She squeezed me in tighter, whispering by my ear. "There's another note on there by the way."

Oh.

I reached to search for it, finding it not as obvious, but a small white tag on it. I read it...

Can you sit on my face now?

I snapped my gaze at her. "Rhea! You made that poor woman actually write that?"

Rheas shoulders fell like the answer was in fact a no. "I had to pay her extra too, and you still won't do it."

I shake my head. "You're insane."